ForumsNewsWe’re Back

We’re Back
CharleneTX

Posted: Oct 10, 2020
Score: 0 Reference
Posted by Ummagumma:
The thing is, I would not want to depend on Toodledo in long term because it's very doubtful that it will be there in long term. So, I'd suggest trying to work out a workflow that is not dependent on this particular service's feature set, unless one day you want to be forced to come up with it on the spot.

I try new options as I learn about them. I back up Toodledo regularly. My fall-back if Toodledo finally dies before I've found a replacement is to pull the data into a spreadsheet. Annoying? Sure, but it would work as a bridge to something else.
mark.caudle

Posted: Oct 11, 2020
I asked a question about my upcoming subscription renewal several days ago. The response I received is that I had used up my "free" requests, and that if I wanted customer service, I should subscribe. Hmmm. I've been a paid subscriber for years. Oh well, with no customer support and no communication, I've let my subscription lapse. Not one penny more of my money until I see something amazing from your company and a renewed commitment to customer service. Just loaded my stuff into Microsoft ToDo. I'll keep my "free" account from this point forward. Maybe I'll re-subscribe in the future, but I seriously doubt it. As interim CEO for the past year, your plan to save the company did not include speaking to and serving customers?
rjbroughton

Posted: Oct 15, 2020
Score: 1 Reference
I tried RTM but just didn't get to like the user interface. So I imported my Toodledo data into Outlook Tasks, which syncs with Microsoft To Do on my iOS devices. Have been running both task managers in parallel for a few weeks and I am now ready to ditch Toodledo. MS To Do is basic compared with Toodledo and there are a couple of irritations with it: Although Outlook Tasks provides 3 priority levels, this syncs to only 2 levels in To Do; Tasks (like Toodledo) gives the option to repeat tasks from the completion date rather than due date. To Do does not show that option, although I have found that if you set it up in Tasks and then tick the task in To Do, it does actually regenerate the task.
For my fairly simple task requirements MS Tasks/To Do is good enough. And I do have confidence that that Microsoft will not stop providing/supporting a task manager. For other alternatives talked about in this forum, I am concerned that they may go the same way as Toodledo in future.
Ummagumma

Posted: Oct 15, 2020
I was using ToDo on Windows and still utilize it for occasional web access, but on my iOS devices - which I use much more often - I changed back to GoodTask. It's an amazing app that uses Reminders data and plays very well with Outlook tasks when you sync them via Reminders. It has things like basic subtasks (like steps in Todo, but they sync to Outlook as simple plaintext notes, so very easy to use there as well), Start time that syncs with Outlook, location alerts, recurrence after completion, natural language entry, custom views with multiple filters, a basic tagging system (via the same kind of plaintext tags in the task subject that MS Todo has, so if you're also using Todo the tags sync between them, and of course they can be used to configure Outlook custom views and conditional formatting), a very well thought through interface that can be optimized for quick rescheduling of tasks to any day of the week, next week, next month etc., and a great Apple Watch app.

I also switched back from Todo to Outlook on my desktop. While it's not as pretty and modern, it is much more powerful & lets me utilize more of functionality provided by Goodtask.

What I miss:

- the attachments don't sync with Outlook. Goodtask supports all kinds of internal attachments, and it will show photos attached in Reminders to iCloud tasks, but no Outlook attachments. This is not a big deal as I use embedded Onedrive links if I want to have the same attachments on both systems.

- flagged Outlook emails don't automatically become tasks. On desktop, I can copy them to tasks just as quickly as adding a flag. On mobile, I set up MS Power Automate rule to copy flagged emails to tasks, but it takes a while to trigger. I need to figure a better way of doing this. (flagged iCloud emails do become tasks, so one way would be to forward the actionable email to an iCloud account, but then I still have to manually flag it, and it's too clunky of a process. I wish there was a way to set up a rule to auto flag emails in iCloud).

- Todo's My Day feature, but I wasn't really using it anyway. I don't like my Today tasks list disappearing at midnight.

One unique feature I gained is the ability to automate subtask creation. As I mentioned above, the subtasks in Goodnote sync with Reminders (and Outlook) as plain text. (The subtasks are really a checklist, just like Todo steps).

[ ] Active Task
[x] Completed task

So I can now set up templated subtasks, and even automate them using Autohotkey in Windows. I can also use subtasks in Outlook, add / delete them, change the completion status, and use conditional formatting to identify tasks with incomplete subtasks.

And, the developer is super responsive.

This message was edited Oct 15, 2020.
andrew.porter

Posted: Oct 16, 2020
Yay! I have finally migrated my tasks over to Todoist. Thanks for nothing Toodledo. No feedback, no response to my questions, crap product, crap service and nothing but a stagnant company. Good riddance from a long time (once very loyal) customer.
Philippe L

Posted: Oct 27, 2020
Posted by Ummagumma:
Posted by Philippe Lahalle:
Very strange!
This morning (6:30 a.m. in France), I can modify the task titles on my iPhone 8 Plus with iOS14 and the official Toodledo app version 3.4.1 (5649).
Yesterday I could not.

Post updated:
and at 10 a.m. I can't modify the task titles!
What is this random bug?
I am getting crazy!

While I am not a developer, this to me seems to indicate server sync issues.

Hi Ummagumma,
You were right: it was a server sync issue.
I have deleted all data from my Toodledo app on my iPhone then everything is now OK after the server sync.

By the way I submitted a ticket to the Toodledo support team on September 25,2020 to get a solution to this issue.
I got the message "There are currently 243 tickets in the queue. Approximate wait time for new tickets is <2 business days."
I have not received any answer from Toodledo after more than 1 month...
I think that Toodledo is a good product (the best product to meet my needs) but Toodledo support could be improved...

This message was edited Oct 27, 2020.
oletros

Posted: Oct 27, 2020
Posted by Philippe L:

By the way I submitted a ticket to the Toodledo support team on September 25,2020 to get a solution to this issue.
I got the message "There are currently 243 tickets in the queue. Approximate wait time for new tickets is <2 business days."
I have not received any answer from Toodledo after more than 1 month...
I think that Toodledo is a good product (the best product to meet my needs) but Toodledo support could be improved...

Toodledo is dead
coolexplorer Post deleted
kenckar

Posted: Nov 01, 2020
It's interesting. My subscription expired, but I'm still using it.

I really never needed the advanced features and they have made some fixes and improvements.

If I were selecting a new tool, this would probably not be it, but mostly it works fine for me now.

Having said all that, once they fix the bugs in the app and bring it back up to speed I will consider paying again...
oletros

Posted: Nov 09, 2020
Posted by Anant G.:
Posted by olivier.streichenberger:
Posted by olivier.streichenberger:
Hi Anant,
It came back with a new calendar, and it's now working with Outlook again. Thks

Hi Anant,
It isn't updating as it used to do. Hence could you please restore this functionality. The fact that you don't reply to any post and that nothing is happening is very disturbing for a long time user like me. I don't want to change my system for task but I am puzzled....! When is the Android new interface scheduled ?
Olivier

Can you reach out to me at [email protected] and I will look into this. Android new interface is scheduled by end of May.

Six months later, silence
jeff_1364641852

Posted: Nov 09, 2020
Posted by erhenius:

I switched to Clickup, The inbox is indeed a bit meh. HOWEVER, Clickup is so customizable that it is a non-issue. They have frequent updates adding functionality. Once you go through the program and some YT videos you see how crazy powerful the service is.

erhenius Which Clickup plan did you find met your needs? Free or Unlimited $60/year?
While I expect to pay for a good service I became skeptical with what seemed like car salesman like upsells.
If you're on Unlimited for example, are you still being upsold to higher plans or any À la cart features?
Ummagumma

Posted: Nov 10, 2020
Clickup has a lot of promise, but their mobile app on iOS needs much work. Very tiny fonts, no Siri integration, poor use of space, low contrast colors even in high contrast mode (some text is gray on dark gray).

After I signed up for a free trial, they bombard me with emails daily. But app hasn't been too intrusive. OTOH I am not really using it much as I hate having to strain my eyes all the time.

With better readability and Siri integration and Apple Watch app, I'd consider it more closely. If you're only using web or desktop version, it's a serious contender for a full blown task manager.
pruden

Posted: Nov 17, 2020
Will soon be signing off from ToodleDo, friends. The Apple Reminders app has come a long way and, while it’s far from perfect, it will meet my needs for a Do List. And it’s extremely unlikely to go away or become unsupported. I’ve transferred all my data over, and have been using it solely for about two or three weeks now. Actually working well, nothing lost. Peace and best wishes.

Mark Pruden
Cincinnati
Ummagumma

Posted: Nov 18, 2020
Posted by pruden:
Will soon be signing off from ToodleDo, friends. The Apple Reminders app has come a long way and, while it’s far from perfect, it will meet my needs for a Do List. And it’s extremely unlikely to go away or become unsupported. I’ve transferred all my data over, and have been using it solely for about two or three weeks now. Actually working well, nothing lost. Peace and best wishes.

Mark Pruden
Cincinnati

Mark,

Check out GoodTask. It is using Reminders as a base. It takes Reminders to a whole new level, with saved filters, goals, and major interface improvements. The combination of saved filters and plaintext tags is a very powerful tool. Also an extremely active and responsive developer. One of the reasons I am seriously starting to consider switching from a PC to a Mac at some point.

Reminders had indeed come a long way, but I can't get past its total lack of any sorting or filtering (other than Scheduled and Flagged), tagging, and inflexible task display (too much space is allocated per one task, making it hard to navigate through long lists). This may feel different on a Mac or iPad, but on the phone, it's a limitation.

This message was edited Nov 18, 2020.
jimk222

Posted: Dec 02, 2020
I too have moved over to Reminders on iOS as I am all Mac it makes the most sense for me. It works great and has really simplified my task management. Toodledo was great for many years but the bells and whistles were far more than I really needed after a lot of reflection. I highly recommend Reminders for those considering it.

Posted by pruden:

Mark Pruden
Cincinnati
marcemobile_3

Posted: Dec 03, 2020
My Gold Subscription died on 21 November and reverted to the Basic plan. I've lost access to Reminders and Attachments. With the free plan I am not able to post a ticket so I posted my issue in the forum, also wrote to [email protected] and [email protected] and still have not yet had a reply. Please can you help Anant G, to restore my account?

This message was edited Dec 03, 2020.
pruden

Posted: Dec 04, 2020
Posted by Ummagumma:
Posted by pruden:

Mark Pruden
Cincinnati

Mark,

Check out GoodTask. It is using Reminders as a base. It takes Reminders to a whole new level, with saved filters, goals, and major interface improvements. The combination of saved filters and plaintext tags is a very powerful tool. Also an extremely active and responsive developer. One of the reasons I am seriously starting to consider switching from a PC to a Mac at some point.

Reminders had indeed come a long way, but I can't get past its total lack of any sorting or filtering (other than Scheduled and Flagged), tagging, and inflexible task display (too much space is allocated per one task, making it hard to navigate through long lists). This may feel different on a Mac or iPad, but on the phone, it's a limitation.

Thanks, Umma — I’ve spent some time in GoodTask this morning, and it does have more features, but is probably more than I need, so I’ll be staying with just Apple Reminders, at least for now. I appreciate your post.

This message was edited Dec 04, 2020.
jonathan.nissanov

Posted: Dec 06, 2020
I miss toodeldo. After years of using it, I had to switch. After looking at many choices, I chose 2DO. It's not what I came to rely on in toodeldo. If you did truly revive it and offered an incentive to return, I would take it.
Larry3

Posted: Dec 07, 2020
Posted by jonathan.nissanov:
I miss toodeldo. After years of using it, I had to switch. After looking at many choices, I chose 2DO. It's not what I came to rely on in toodeldo. If you did truly revive it and offered an incentive to return, I would take it.

You can still sync with Toodledo and 2Do but you'd have to pay for more than the basic level. I know it doesn't sync all Toodledo features but it does a good job of the basics. Problem is, how long will Toodledo be around. Probably not long enough.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.