ForumsNewsEarly Sneak Peek into Next Generation *iOS/Android App* Betas

Early Sneak Peek into Next Generation *iOS/Android App* Betas
maarten.pavoordt

Posted: Jul 27, 2022
Score: 0 Reference
I'm using the Mobile App. When I want to add a new task, I like to add a due date by clicking on the calendar Icon and select a certain date by clicking on a particular date in the calendar. As a next step I click on create. When addiing a date selected from the caledar this date is not added to the task. The new tasked is stored under "no due date".
However, if I you add a due date by clicking one the icons i.e. Tomorrow that the new task is created with the date and shows under "tomorow" in the list
jsarachaga

Posted: Aug 08, 2022
Score: 1 Reference
I'd like to know how's this project going?

Old iPhone app does not work anymore as far as i can see.

Regards
kenckar

Posted: Aug 09, 2022
old iphone app works for me...
helillourenco

Posted: Aug 09, 2022
Old iPhone app working for me, I now receive notifications from both apps
PamelaH

Toodledo Admin
Posted: Aug 19, 2022
Posted by jsarachaga:
I'd like to know how's this project going?

Old iPhone app does not work anymore as far as i can see.

Regards

We are making progress, but if you need more advanced features, we suggest you continue to use the old iPhone app for now. We are working hard to have feature parity but aren't there yet.

If you're having issues with the old iPhone app, please send us a support ticket so we can figure out what's going on.

https://www.toodledo.com/info/ticket.php

Thanks!
WT ATKINSON

Posted: Aug 27, 2022
I am a Toodledo user of the current desktop version and access it from MAC and Windows and by mobile devise.
I really find it has alot of power.
Can I assume that it will continue to be supported until a newer version has been developed and tested?
I have some new uses that will take some time to set up in my current Toodledo account that will work great in the current version but I do not want to start loading new data if there is some big change coming!
As I said... I am a big fan
Batkinson
jebanks

Posted: Sep 10, 2022
Hello Toodledo Owners,

Do you know when you will be adding Notes capabilities to the new mobile app? I am an outlying use case, but for various reasons, Notes are the only Toodledo feature I use.
PamelaH

Toodledo Admin
Posted: Sep 14, 2022
Hi -
Notes is currently being beta tested -- if you install the app via TestFlight you should see your notes there. Not all features are there yet, but would love to hear your feedback to help us prioritize our efforts.
Scott Florack

Posted: Sep 20, 2022
Posted by PamelaH:
Hi -
Notes is currently being beta tested -- if you install the app via TestFlight you should see your notes there. Not all features are there yet, but would love to hear your feedback to help us prioritize our efforts.

It's not immediately apparent (maybe not even possible) how to delete a task in the Android app.

Also a home screen widget to quickly add/view notes would be great.
whataboutbob

Posted: Sep 28, 2022
Score: 3 Reference
Is this new version going to be publicly released in the next decade? It's been in alpha/beta for over 2 years now?
yannick_1557692414

Posted: Oct 20, 2022
Hello all! I tried the beta and it seems to read and save to my regular account, so I would expect tasks created with the new app to be as safe as the tasks created e.g using the website.
Why then do you say that if I use the beta app I should be prepared to backup my data on a regular basis? What could happen?

Thanks in advance
hasnain_2

Toodledo Admin
Posted: Oct 26, 2022
Dear Toodledo Community Members,

For those of you who have not seen our latest newsletter yet, please have a look at our blog post: https://blog.toodledo.com/newsletter-q4-2022/

For those of you wondering if the install link on the newsletter received by email did not work (or anyone else interested in learning more about the next-gen-mobile apps), have a look at the new landing page: https://info.toodledo.com/next-gen-mobile-apps

This message was edited Oct 26, 2022.
andreas_floegel

Posted: Oct 27, 2022
Hi Toodledo-Folks

Android user here. I installed the new app parallel to the old one.
Critical point for me: New one has no widget.
What I could see from scanning shortly over the new one, is that it looks nice and useable. But since the widget on the homescreen is my general entry-point the way I work, I will go on to use the old one mainly.
Will try again, when a widget is available.
martisp

The test flight app is unuseable for me. I can't even read my tasks. If you would like a screen shot, let me know how to send it. [email protected]
densitylag

Also an Android use who has installed the new app in my phone alongside the legacy one. For some reason, the Notes entries are not all visible in the Notes tab of the new app.
Also, the Habits tab does not exist in the new app.
Dark mode does not exist in the new app, which is a problem for me.
Most crucially, when I update something in the new app, for example completing a task, it does not always update in the web version of Toodledo. Sometimes it does, but other times it does not.
Beyond that, the new app works well.
pabert

When I try to view something in the “View Tasks By” section on the left it gives me a double vision view. In other words it shows both the original options and the new options on top of the old options. To back out of the this I have to press the symbol in the upper left hand corner.
tdDavid

Toodledo Admin
Posted: Oct 28, 2022
Posted by densitylag:
Also an Android use who has installed the new app in my phone alongside the legacy one. For some reason, the Notes entries are not all visible in the Notes tab of the new app.
Also, the Habits tab does not exist in the new app.
Dark mode does not exist in the new app, which is a problem for me.
Most crucially, when I update something in the new app, for example completing a task, it does not always update in the web version of Toodledo. Sometimes it does, but other times it does not.
Beyond that, the new app works well.

Thanks for checking out the Next Gen app and taking the time to share your feedback!

To get your Notes, can you try to log out and log back in?

Dark Mode is currently supported, but it follows the Dark Mode setting in iOS/Android. For now, if you'd like Dark Mode, you can turn on your phone's Dark Mode.

Can you provide more details on your changes that don't show up on the desktop web? Do the changes show up on other devices (eg an iPad or another phone on Next Gen)? The desktop web currently does not refresh unless you explicitly reload the page. This particular topic is probably easiest over a support ticket so that you can attach screenshots, other details, etc. https://www.toodledo.com/info/ticket.php

Kind regards
-David
tdDavid

Toodledo Admin
Posted by pabert:
When I try to view something in the “View Tasks By” section on the left it gives me a double vision view. In other words it shows both the original options and the new options on top of the old options. To back out of the this I have to press the symbol in the upper left hand corner.

Can you file a support ticket with a screenshot and your phone model? https://www.toodledo.com/info/ticket.php

Kind regards
-David

This message was edited Oct 28, 2022.
whataboutbob

Tried the iOS beta for the first time, couple of missing features, please consider adding them. The legacy app has this one, ability to set defaults for a new task like priority, today's date, etc, without this, it's a chore to create most new tasks with the usual defaults. Also, the count does not show on the app automatically, I have to open the app and if there are new tasks due today, then it will show. This is an issue with the legacy app too.
mrlandis

Posted: Oct 29, 2022
I tried the new version, noticed it deleted the Habits section, then saw in the fine print that is not included. You should make that much more obvious. Uninstalled the new version immediately.

Since the new beta version deletes all data on Habits, the following statement is false.
"No users have experienced any catastrophic data loss during the beta."

This message was edited Oct 29, 2022.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.