ForumsNewsEarly Sneak Peek into Next Generation *iOS/Android App* Betas

Early Sneak Peek into Next Generation *iOS/Android App* Betas
SnowLeopard

Posted: Nov 02, 2022
Score: 1 Reference
Required before I can make the switch: 1) customizable Hotlist, 2) New Task Defaults to Star ON.
debicoburn

Posted: Nov 03, 2022
Score: 0 Reference
Can't find the new version in the apple app store - what am I missing?
yannick_1557692414

Posted: Nov 05, 2022
Two features for filtering tasks needed before I can make the switch:
- it's not possible to filter by "No Context" (or, remove context): I have tasks with "work" context and tasks without contexts and I can't filter lists to contain only tasks without context.
- "In the future" filter does not work: if "In the future" toggle is off, the app will indeed hide tasks with a start date in the future and show tasks with a start date of yesterday or before, but it will not show tasks with start date = today

This message was edited Nov 05, 2022.
rparker550

Posted: Nov 06, 2022
Need to go back and add the check box to place a task into the calendar.
kafolske

Posted: Nov 10, 2022
Along with the suggestions about customizing the hotlist, I would also like to see a "Favorites" option to put our favorite or most-used saved searches in the main list. Diving down into the saved searches is a pain.
Shay Hill

Posted: Nov 22, 2022
Posted by debicoburn:
Can't find the new version in the apple app store - what am I missing?

You’ll need to install TestFlight in the App Store then come back and click the link in the top post of this thread.
hasnain_2

Toodledo Admin
Posted: Nov 22, 2022
Hi there,

Please have a look at this overview, it explains it step-by-step:
https://info.toodledo.com/next-gen-mobile-apps
rgodsey

Posted: Dec 16, 2022
The old app was so slow for me that I had gone away from toodledo. The new app is much more responsive so appreciate the effort that has gone into it. Looking forward to it becoming more fully featured. One specific question/issue. I deleted a lot of Tags from the web app & they’ve disappeared from the legacy iOS app but still present in the Beta iOS app. Any fix for this?
Mr. J.

Posted: Dec 21, 2022
Dumb question: How do I delete a task? Just downloaded this beta version.
PamelaH

Toodledo Admin
Posted by rgodsey:
The old app was so slow for me that I had gone away from toodledo. The new app is much more responsive so appreciate the effort that has gone into it. Looking forward to it becoming more fully featured. One specific question/issue. I deleted a lot of Tags from the web app & they’ve disappeared from the legacy iOS app but still present in the Beta iOS app. Any fix for this?

Do you mean that the tasks themselves still have tags on them that you have deleted, or you don't want to see the tags in the tag list?
(btw, if you send us a support ticket, we usually are able to get to those much quicker!)
PamelaH

Toodledo Admin
Posted by Mr. J.:
Dumb question: How do I delete a task? Just downloaded this beta version.

You can swipe from the right to the left to delete a task. We have received a lot of feedback about having a delete button on the task details page and will be adding it there as well.
barrysfrank69

Posted: Jan 04, 2023
I'm still happy with the original. Do I need to switch?
PamelaH

Toodledo Admin
Posted: Jan 09, 2023
No, you can run them both side by side or just keep the original. We have no plans to remove it from the app store.
rgodsey

Posted: Feb 11, 2023
Will Notifications fail to work on legacy app if the new app is installed? That seems to be the case for me. I was looking at using Habits again but it doesn't seem that the reminders are working for me. On a related topic, is there an ETA for Habits to be integrated into the next gen app?
kenckar

Posted: Feb 17, 2023
Posted by rgodsey:
Will Notifications fail to work on legacy app if the new app is installed? That seems to be the case for me. I was looking at using Habits again but it doesn't seem that the reminders are working for me. On a related topic, is there an ETA for Habits to be integrated into the next gen app?

Habits is omportant for me too. The old version is developing bugs, including problems entering numerical versions in the IOS app. It takes check marks, but not numbers... Numbers still works from chrome on my pc...
Barrett_2

Posted: Feb 26, 2023
I've been using the iOS Beta successfully for a while now. About 20 minutes ago I started getting a message on iOS saying the '"Toodledo" Beta Has Expired'. I checked Test Flight but it doesn't list an updated beta being available and the last official version in the App Store is 3.4.1, released 2 years ago.

Is an updated beta being released?

[edit] Tried rejoining the beta from the original link in https://info.toodledo.com/next-gen-mobile-apps#InstallationInstructions, but that results in a page which says "This beta isn't accepting any new testers right now"

This message was edited Feb 26, 2023.
Timothyjrobbins

I’m having the same Beta trial has expired message, the developers need to move off the Beta version and start releasing the app to the App store, it has been nearly a year now in Beta and I have not seen any major upgrades in the last 5 months.
adam.sheiner

Same here, getting Beta expired and can’t use the old test flight link, says no trial available. When I try to use the old app it says login info invalid and I had to go to website to change password and login again on all devices. That worked but it’s the old version from several years ago. What happened to the Beta and when is it going to go live for real??
Katherine_1332617404

I’m getting “Beta has expired” message and can’t get into the Beta app. Does this mean that I have to go back to the old version that has not been updated? I am / was extremely happy with the Beta version. Please message users with an update on version plans ASAP.
simon_1349012055

Same here.
Main driver for moving to beta for me was with 2fa enabled I could not login to the main app on fresh install.
So am not relishing going back to the main app again, as presumably will have to disabled 2fa. ugg.
Come on guys!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.