ForumsNewsToodledo on the iPhone

Toodledo on the iPhone
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 07, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
After many months of hard work, we have finally completed our official Toodledo iPhone application. With this, you can synchronize all of your tasks to your iPhone and access them from anywhere, even when you don't have an internet connection. It incorporates most of the functionality that you have come to love from Toodledo.com including folders, contexts, goals, status, the hotlist, importance, stars and more.

For more information, read our iPhone page or download it from the App Store
kenbeyond

It would turn out to be the killer app for me to get an iphone
vegheadjones

I feel silly that I just bought the Todo program, but I'm on board for this.
Claudio

Nice job! (Or, should I say, "Nice start"?)

Finally, an iPhone application that has Folders and Contexts, along with Tags and Due Time.

Easy and simple data entry.

But, it doesn't have German and Japanese translations ...
;)
Jake

Toodledo Founder
You should definitely say "Nice Start" since we have big plans for this app.

:)
a.werner

Posted: Oct 08, 2008
Nice application, especially the handling with goals and contexts is fine.

However, there is still a big issue with the due dates.

All curent tasks (from today) are shown as overdue; Tasks from tomorrow are show as task from today ; tasks from friday are show as tasks from tomorrow.

It seems thar there may be a problem with the timz fields or the time zone.

It would be nice if you fix this behaviour asap.

My current time zone is Berlin
Time format 24 hours
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Do you have your timezone set correctly in your account settings?
Yannick

I have bought it and must say, I'm pretty impressed. I love the iPhone web application, but the ability to have the tasks available without an internet connection is a major feature for me. As data plans are way to expensive here in Belgium.

Congratulations with the application.
Fearless Spiff

Are subtasks supported on the iPhone App? Would be a reason to upgrade to a pro account...
Yannick

I don't think subtasks are supported in the iPhone application.

I have found a way to make the application crash: if I want to view the tasks of a specific goal, the application crashes. (I also reported this in the App Store)

And the manual sync hangs sometimes, I think. It says "working" but nothing is happening, nor is the icon turning at the top of the screen suggesting network activity. (while I'm connected of course)

This message was edited Oct 08, 2008.
vegheadjones

One thing I hope is supported soon is viewing by saved searches. Personally I don't need to make saved searches on the iphone, but I do need access to the ones I have already saved, that is where I do most of my work.
a.werner

Posted by Toodledo:
Do you have your timezone set correctly in your account settings?

My setting are:

Date Format: 30/01/2006 (D/M/Y))
Timezone: 01:59pm wednesday

However, how can I see,based on these values, that my timzone is correct ?
larry.weideman

Adding notes and location awareness would be an awesome addition to this.
mco

Good start, but there are some problems. Didn't find a more appropriate place for them, so here they are.

BUG: the todo description field does not correctly use the magnifying glass to move the cursor in the field. The few times I was able to move the cursor away from the end of the line, no editing was possible. Because I use long descriptions and often modify them, this is a big issue for me. I would prefer a multi-line editing field.

BUG: when editing a todo, if the display is scrolled to the bottom, i.e., so only the notes field is showing, the display no longer scrolls.

ISSUE: autosync is no good when reception is poor. manual sync is better for me.
scottweber

There seems to be a bug in the iPhone program. Every time I "tag" an existing task with a keyword and save it, the task disappears or is deleted. If I create a new task from scratch and add a tag or create one from Toodledo.com, its fine. Also, the application has crashed several times while editing tags. Can you check?

Yannick

Maybe somekind of bug-tracking tool could be installed like Jira, Mantis or Bugzilla. That way we can report bugs and follow your progress on them and in the mean time report suggestions and new features.

A forum is not the best place to keep track of bugs.
iPhone2Droid

I'm thrilled to see this new app. Unfortunately, I can't get the first sync going. Either it hangs indefinitely, or I'm told the login failed per incorrect username/pw. I rebooted the iphone, but still get hassled. I KNOW I've entered correct login info. I'm using a WiFi connection, snd login is fine with Appigo's ToDo syncing. Any suggestions?

AT&T / U.S. / iPhone 1st gen
-----------------------------
Update: Fixed. Seemed to have been some sort of snafu introdcued per recent itunes update. A couple of reboots on desktop and iphone ultimately resolved problem.

andreas

Very cool app!!
But there is a very big bug:
A task edit by iphone ap is deleted when take a notic on it and sync with toodledo desktop!! Please, please check this!
allison.martell

I was really excited to see this application, but so far bugs are making it unusable. Tasks I completed weeks ago are showing up on my iPod Touch as new. Tasks also seem to be multiplying - I have 10 copies of some of them on my iPod, inexplicably. When I delete tasks, they come back, often multiplied. Other tasks appear to be missing. Sometimes, after deleting several copies of one task, a blank task appears at the top of my list. I've also experienced problems with the magnifier on the task title. I'm scared to sync again, in case my intact lists online are erased and replaced with the crap that the iPod application has created. Help!elp!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We have already sent an update to Apple with a lot of bug fixes. If you have any more bugs, please submit them to us using our bug reporting form:

http://www.toodledo.com/info/report_bug.php

Thanks
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.