ForumsNewsToodledo on the iPhone

Toodledo on the iPhone
pslimpin

Posted: Dec 02, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
I like the iPhone app, but I have a problem syncing with the web site. After editing a task (the notes field specifically) on several items, using my iphone, I manually sync to make sure that everything on the server gets updated. However, when I login to the toodledo.com web site (both on computer as well as the "slim" web site using the iphone itself) & check the items that I edited on the iPhone app, the web site doesn't show my updates.

Bottom line:
Updates on my iphone don't appear on the web site.
Updates on the web site DO appear on my iPhone.

I'm using ver. 1.3.1 of the Toodledo iPhone app.

Any ideas? I assume this is a bug on the iPhone app.
Thanks for being so responsive to user feedback.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 02, 2008
Are you sure that you have the iPhone app syncing to the same account that you are signed in under? Please check your settings and make sure that your email/password is correct.

If it is, then on the iPhone app, try going into settings and purging all the data from your phone, and then sync. This will download a fresh copy from the website and everything should be in sync again.

Hope that helps
pslimpin

Posted: Dec 03, 2008
Yes, I am syncing to the one & only account that I have.

The problem with purging all the data on my iphone is that the device is what has the latest updates on it (not the website), so I would lose all the changes I've made. Is there a way to force a one-way sync that replaces the data on the web with what's on my iphone?

In general how could my iphone data get corrupted? Even if a purge & re-sync clears up all the problems, what's to keep it from happening again?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 04, 2008
It could be an issue with iPhone OS 2.2. We have found a few other small things that broken with Apple's update and will be releasing an update to our iPhone app soon. We'll look into syncing issues and make sure its all working.

As far as what causes the iPhone website to get out of sync, there is nothing specific that we know that would cause this (otherwise we would fix it). To our knowledge, it happens very rarely to a few customers and we have yet to discover what the cause is. Purging and resyncing will always get it back in sync, but if the iPhone has the newest data, this clearly isn't an option. We'll see if we can put in a way to force all the iPhone data down to the website.

Thanks
pslimpin

Posted: Dec 04, 2008
Ok. Thanks.
Per

Posted: Dec 07, 2008
Hi Guys
I really enjoy this excellent website and iPhone app.

One thing I would appreciate is if the iPhone app remembered the last view.

I use these applications both for work and private tasks.
Today I went Christmas shopping and of course I made whish lists for all the family members in Toodledo.

I stored them in the "Private" folder with context "@Errands" I tagged them "Gifts to A" etc.

I was quite annoying that after seeing several tasks and then click home button on the iPhone and run to next shop, in that shop I had to click down to the same list as last... I think you get the point

Keep up the good work

Cheers
pslimpin

Posted: Dec 23, 2008
To follow up on my posts from earlier this month, I updated from the iPhone app ver 1.3.1 to ver 1.4, & it the syncing issues seem to have disappeared! Everything is in sync now between the info on the web site & the info on my iPhone, without me having to do any "fixing". BTW, I LOVE THE APP. Version 1.4 improves upon an already great app. Thank you for being so responsive to your users. Great job!
Johnny Cake

Posted: Jan 05, 2009
Posted by george:
hi,

since it seems I'm one of the few unfortunate users that somehow I get tasks erased can I make a suggestion?

Actually this is a suggestion for the site.

Add a Deleted (Trash Can) link where deleted tasks appear (at least for a week). I can't think of any way the task to disappear unless it gets deleted so hopefully it will be placed in the trash can. The user then can recover it.

thanks
Johnny Cake

Posted: Jan 05, 2009
Just lost ALL of my tasks...52 of them. PLEASE add a feature "Deleted Items" so that they can be recovered. I don't know if it's my iPhone (I think it is) or your site, but they vanished. I need to sweep up my hair now...yeah, I pulled it all out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 06, 2009
Are you sure that you are signed into the correct account. Sometimes people create two accounts by accident and when they sign into the other account, they think that their tasks were deleted. If you go to the correct account, they will be there.

The other thing is that it could be that your filters are hiding the tasks. The only reason why a task would be deleted would be if it was an optional task whose due-date has passed.

If this isn't what happened, then please file a bug report and let us know if there are any details that might help us, like what you were doing when the tasks were deleted. If you are using any third-party tools (like the Outlook Sync tool) please us know about that too.

Thanks
tobygee

Just started using the iPhone app - very impressed. One thing - contexts aren't showing up, although essentially all my todos have a context on the web. Am I missing a setting somewhere?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
When you say that they aren't showing up, what do you mean. Are the tasks there with a blank context, or is the context field missing? If the field is missing, you can go into the settings in the iPhone app and enable the field.
tobygee

Posted: Jan 07, 2009
It's the latter. If I got to Settings -> Fields & Defaults, it's in the Unused section, but clicking anywhere doesn't seem to do anything. I can click on Reorder, but after doing so, I don't seem to be able to do anything - nowhere I press does anything.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
After pressing the "reorder" button, there will be little drag marks placed on each row, on the right side. You can tap and drag these rows around.

Hope that helps
tobygee

Brilliant, thanks!
Chris Leh

Posted: Jan 08, 2009
I've tried to download the Toodledo app on iTunes several times tonight but receive an message that it isn't available because it's being modified. Any idea when it will become available?
mickn2

Posted: Jan 08, 2009
Neither the iphone toodledo app or the "To Do" app (I have both) are properly syncing right now. The toodledo app shows a whole bunch of tasks as repeating that used to be set to repeating but no longer are, and both apps are showing some completed tasks as not-completed.
scottnwdw

Posted: Jan 09, 2009
I use both programs as well. I started with the Appigo product but when Toodledo came out got that as well. The issue I think you are seeing is that you may be marking tasks as complete in each program and therefore confusing the servers upon sync. Also, when you complete tasks in either program, you need to sync the program again before opening the other program to get a correct reading. What I usually do is mak things completed in Toodledo, close the program and then reopen it so that it syncs, (I have mine set to auto sync not manually sync) then open ToDo. everything syncs just fine. If I do encounter a false reading in ToDo, I close it reopen Toodledo and wait for the sync to end (blue bar at bottom of screen and then close Toodledo and reopen ToDo.

I'm also at the point where I will probably delete ToDo and just stick with Toodledo App since that is the App that I use the most these days.
ginaaale

Posted: Feb 03, 2009
please: toodledo with german language, that would be great ;-)
giuliosantiago

Posted: Feb 06, 2009
Will Toodledo add an option to set an end date to recurring tasks? I would like to be able to set a task to recur daily, then stop recurring after 5 days. I have purchased the iPhone application and I like it, but find it useless without the ability to set an end date to recurring tasks.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.