ForumsNewsiPhone App Updated

iPhone App Updated
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 20, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
Toodledo's iPhone app has been updated to version 1.2. This fixes some bugs and adds some new functionality.

* Added a setting for you to control the red application badge
displayed on the home screen icon for this app.
* Added a setting to control what shows up in your hotlist.
* Added documentation inside the app to explain some key concepts.
Visit the "Settings" section to read the documentation.
* Added manual sync setting
* Added option to purge completed tasks to free up memory
* Fixed a bug where the due-date of a task may be moved back by 1 day
after you sync the task to Toodledo, if you live in certain European
or Asian timezones.
* Fixed a bug where the due-date would sometimes be set to January 1,
1970 if you live in certain European or Asian timezones.
* Fixed a bug that would cause the app to crash when entering Japanese
characters into the note field of a task.
* Fixed a bug that prevented passwords for working if they contained
the following characters: &+=?;
* Fixed a bug that prevented the app from establishing an internet connection if Wifi was not available, and the phone was recently unconnected to the network.
* If you have the priority and due date fields turned off, the hotlist
will now be hidden (since it will never have any tasks on it)
* Long tasks will no longer be printed with a tiny font
* The counter of the number of tasks in a list will now correctly only show active tasks.

This message was edited Oct 20, 2008.
matt

Thanks guys!

One request: Can we have defaults for new todos?

Have nothing selected by default means I have to set the folder, context, due date. If all those were filled with something the odds of me having to 'touch' it. Reduce Excise!

Keep up the good work!
Eric

Thanks!

One thing I noticed, though - I can't erase (clear) due dates on already existing iPhone tasks.

I can clear it and then save it, but when I look again, I see it back with a due date.

Bug?
Richard

Score: 1 Reference
Posted by ericsantos:
Thanks!

One thing I noticed, though - I can't erase (clear) due dates on already existing iPhone tasks.

I can clear it and then save it, but when I look again, I see it back with a due date.

Bug?

Ditto
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Gosh, our beta testers are slacking off :)

We'll get that fixed in the next update.
Ben

Posted: Oct 21, 2008
It just keeps getting better. Great job.

My feature requests (if this is the place)
- For a new task, default to the folder that I am in (if I'm in one).
- Option to immediately enter into Edit mode when a task is selected. I almost always want to edit the task if I'm selecting it, and the "edit" view shows everything that the "read only" view has, so it would save me time from having to click "Edit" everytime. If others don't like that, they can change the option.
- Notebook option. Lower priority, as I can use other apps for taking notes, but it would be nice to have it all in one place.

Looking forward to the next update. I noticed the date clearing bug as well.
salustri

Posted: Oct 22, 2008
I think I've found a bug in v1.2. Here's what I did, a couple of times, without joy. I create an item, put it in a folder, give it today as a start & due date, and set it to repeat weekly. So far so good.

But when I check off today's item, then go an look around, I don't see the repeat for next week. The item seems to be gone entirely. I tried a couple of alternatives (e.g. no start date, setting due date ON rather than BY) but nothing works.

This did work in the previous version.

Might repeats be broken? Or am I missing something?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Hmm. You might be on to something. It sounds like you didn't sync the original task up to the website, so when you checked it off, the website never knew to repeat it since as far as the website knows, it doesn't exist.

Try creating the repeating task and then syncing it up to the website before you mark it as completed.

We'll also fix this in the next update.
salustri

Sorry but I'm a little confused by this. I did sync before checking off that one item. It's at the top of my views on the website, "MEC723 prep" and it reads "Every 1 week".

...you seem to be suggesting that repeats are tied to syncing?

In any event, I'll try create/sync/check tonight. If I get anything different from what I've already written, I'll post it.

Cheers.
Fil
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Yes, repeats are tied to syncing. The website reschedules the tasks. So, when you complete the task on the iPhone, it won't get rescheduled until you sync to the website. We hope to improve this in a future update.
salustri

Posted: Oct 23, 2008
Ah. That explains alot. With respect, this is a big problem. While I am grateful for being able to sync with the website, it's not something I do regularly. And assuming you intend to keep the manual sync option, I think it makes sense to assume that a substantial portion of toodledo/iphone users won't necessarily sync all the time. Given this, it would seem to make sense to do the rescheduling internal to the iphone app without dependency on the website.
Cheers.
Fil
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 23, 2008
Yes, we already fixed this in our development build of version 1.3 which we hope to release soon.
salustri

Posted: Oct 24, 2008
Thank you!
Cheers.
Fil
Matt's tasks

Posted: Nov 04, 2008
I am using the updated iPod application (1.2) which is supposed to fix a bug where after synching it sometimes sets due dates back one day. This has happened to me today. I've been trying to set up a repeating, yearly reminding birthday for Oct 14. That's what it says on my Toodledo web site, but it keeps coming up as Oct 13, 2009, on my iPod touch.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 04, 2008
Are your timezones set correctly on the website and on the iPhone?
Matt's tasks

Posted: Nov 05, 2008
Yes, I have the location on the iPod touch set to London, and on the website I have the right time and day. The website doesn't seem to ask for a location.
carlogarcia

Posted: Nov 12, 2008
Posted by Toodledo:
Yes, we already fixed this in our development build of version 1.3 which we hope to release soon.

One feature request that GTM has: Ability to use saved searches / smart folders. Is this in the roadmap anywhere?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Im not sure what GTM is, but we do plan to have smart folders on the iPhone in a future update.
carlogarcia

Posted by Toodledo:
Im not sure what GTM is, but we do plan to have smart folders on the iPhone in a future update.

Looking forward to it! (I meant RTM -- remember the milk)
jeff.dobbing

Posted: Nov 16, 2008
V1.3 update is out with a long list of great enhancements. Biggest gains for me are the new auto field population and selectable startup screen features.

Toodledo, thank your for this fantastic application and service :-)

Toodledo, FYI, as a user, the things I'd now wish for in V1.4+ would be the saved search support discussed above followed by notebook support (happily paying for that as an extra application from yourselves).
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.