ForumsQuestionsquick add task

quick add task
lokshavi

Posted: Sep 21, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
Hey,

I'm a huge fan of the quick-add box next to the Add Task button. It really speeds up my workflow and makes it more likely that I'll explicitly add a task instead of keeping it in my head.

What would be even cooler though would be if there was a basic parser hooked up to it that would let you specify some parameters as well. For instance I usually set the priority and due date of almost all my tasks. So it would be nice if I could type something like this:

some task pri 3 due tomorrow

(Obviously others may use this differently so that may not be the best syntax for everybody, but you get the idea)

Does that make sense?
Chris_45

I agree - I've said the same else where (and I want to keep saying it to show how vigorously I think this!)

The same syntax as when you email your Toodledo address would be perfect here
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Thanks for the suggestion. We can't comment on a timeframe for implementation, but this is on our to-do list.
tbaker

Posted: Sep 25, 2011
Score: 1 Reference
That sounds like a great use. I'd suggest that you implement the same paramaters that are used in email.

% tag, # Due Date, !!! Priority, @ Context, * Folder. This will keep it consistent for those of us who forward emails to the task list.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.