ForumsQuestionsColor Coding Folders

Color Coding Folders
vs6783

Posted: Nov 04, 2011
Score: 1 Reference
Hello, I am an attorney with rather severe executive disfunction. One of the most effective ways I organize information is through color. Is there any way that we can highlight all the tasks within a folder in the same color? For instance, when a new task is added, the line is a light green. Would it be possible to apply color like this to a line permanently?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 07, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
Thanks for the suggestion. We can't comment on a timeframe for implementation, but this is on our to-do list.
AG3

Posted: Dec 06, 2011
I would like that as well since it is hard to pick up 30+ task on the main page without it color coded by folder - and sort by color folder would be nice as well.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 06, 2011
You can already sort by folder, which will place dividers between tasks of the same folder. You can also go to the folder view and look into each folder individually. That may help in the meantime,
juggernaut

Posted: Jan 03, 2012
I second this.

I literally searched my head off when trying to get my folders to be of any color and was quite surprised not to find any setting.

It *does* make sense to have an important task blink at you in fat red, while your spouse´s task to get some milk is somewhat grey ... :)
pcwvdmark

Posted: Mar 02, 2012
I second this too!
digitpr

Posted: Mar 12, 2012
When? By the way, please provide a good syncing with colours in 2do android application
gabriellekm

Posted: Mar 15, 2012
PLEASE PLEASE make organizing by color a priority!

Yes, I know it's supposed to look simple and streamlined. That you can sort in other ways.

This is ideal for the left-brained user. As a right-brained user, couldn't disagree more. My brain does not work linearly, so those aspects do not help me at all. Right-brain dominant people are more visual, color being a prominent "organizing" or grouping factor. In other words, I need to SEE the groupings without having to READ them.

So far, this is the best to-do application I've tried, but the color issue is so vital to me that I won't use this app.
PixelDoc

In the same vein, page background color options would be another great feature. White is the worst/harshest 'color' to view on a monitor. Unlike reflected light from paper, where only a small percentage of the light is reflected, with monitors, one is literally looking at a light source. Eye strain is easily induced.
Even a couple of color options such as middle grays would be a great help.
-- Thanks for listening.
Purveyor

Posted by goochiegirl1_13156...:
This is ideal for the left-brained user. As a right-brained user, couldn't disagree more. My brain does not work linearly, so those aspects do not help me at all.
Toodledo is linear. Seems like you should be using mind mapping software: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mind_mapping_software
Salgud

Even as a left-brained user who loves working with mindmaps, I don't find them useful at all for task management. A task list, is by nature, a list. Linear. I can't imagine, even in my addled left brain, trying to decide what to do next based on a mind map. To me, mindmaps are for complex interrelationships between things, and are useful for better visualizing and understanding those complex relationships. But when it comes time to sit down and do stuff, I'd much rather a list. I might use a mindmap to generate that list, but never to determine what to do next out of all the possibilities. YMMV.
gabriellekm

Posted by Purveyor:

Toodledo is linear. Seems like you should be using mind mapping software: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mind_mapping_software

Mind-mapping software, which I have used for other purposes, is not designed for task management, I can't see how it would be useful in this aspect.

Color is simply a way to make grouping and sorting easier. Other task management apps have it. I only mention it here because I'd prefer to use Toodledo, were it not for the color issue.
Purveyor

Score: -1 Reference
Posted by goochiegirl1_13156...:
I can't see how it would be useful in this aspect.
Well, if you can't see it, maybe you're not as right-brained as you think you are. ;)

Mindjet's MindManager has task management, with dates and priorities.

The makers of PersonalBrain specifically identify it for tracking tasks and getting things done.

I don't use mind-mapping software to track tasks but it is obvious that some people do.
agreen5225

Also second color as a priority!
intern2_1335206231

Posted: Apr 23, 2012
A color function would definitely make this program leagues more thorough than most other free task managing programs out there.
haritosn

Posted: Jul 16, 2012
Here here! Colour code would be a great feature!
karenlee_1344335001

Posted: Aug 08, 2012
Colour code - yes please
auderigoulot

Posted: Sep 15, 2012
Hello !
Yes please for me color coding becomes essential when I have many task
alexandr.molin

Posted: Sep 17, 2012
Support the idea of ​​creating a color label or color fill individual folders. Especially, it has already carried out some others.
M_ichel

Posted: Oct 08, 2012
Score: 3 Reference
Hi!

Add my vote to implementing a color scheme BASED ON THE FOLDERS. And please don't force your color scheme on us poor customers: make it customizable!

Thanks!

P.S. I really love the way Toodledo syncs flawlessly and automatically between my iMac, iPod and iPad. I also love the way you're coming up with fairly frequent updates. As they say: "Love your program!"
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.