ForumsQuestionsChange Completed Date?

Change Completed Date?
mark.farrow

Posted: Mar 12, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
After 2 years, I hope this has bubbled to the top of the developers wish list... I could sure use this tracking tool too!
kyujin

Posted: Mar 14, 2010
Same Here!!! I really really want this feature so that I can track what I have done on the day.
This is the most important feature for me right now, since everything else that I want to do can be done by toodledo.
Please add this feature!!!
Qrystal

Posted: Mar 15, 2010
Hehe, I still am always forgetting to check off tasks, and so they keep getting recorded late. So I'm still wishing for this feature too.

I kinda feel slighted that the Statistics bar graph is all but useless to me, because I know it's full of lies... ;)

On the bright side, I suppose it shows my Mondays to be way more productive than they actually are.
ajcam

Posted: Mar 16, 2010
I look forward to being able to change the completed date. Please make this happen soon.
PeterW 

Posted: Mar 16, 2010
I've asked for this in another thread a month or two ago so would like to register my need for it here too.
Q.P.

Posted: May 07, 2010
I too look forward to being able to change the completed date.
stew

Posted: Jun 17, 2010
+1 on this feature. It makes the historical view of work completed that much more valuable.
bmenayas

Posted: Jul 14, 2010
Yes pleeeeeease!

Seriously, can it be that hard to have a way to change that field like any other? A lot of people have been asking for this for years now! Please listen to your users and act on it... It would make a huge difference.
Guiba

Posted: Sep 28, 2010
Have just started using ToodleDo and this was the first thing I really missed.

So.. +1
moose

Posted: Jan 10, 2011
I, too, find this most frustrating - imported some 10 year's history from my old Treo and can't correct/alter the "Date Completed".
Would someone from ToodleDo please at least provide an update on current thinking and/or any expected timeframe when this may be introduced?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 10, 2011
I am sorry that I cannot post an update. It is on our to-do list.
tkk

Posted: Mar 28, 2011
Posted by Toodledo:
I am sorry that I cannot post an update. It is on our to-do list.

And your Next Action is? Priority? Date due? (Do you use your own tool?)

I'm a potential new user, impressed by the base options and very tempted by the Pro functionality.

BUT, without this basic feature, I'll be forced to continue my search elsewhere. I will check back in the next couple of months, before making a final commitment, but the sad track record on this request is less than encouraging; 3 years and still waiting!!!.

This message was edited Mar 28, 2011.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 28, 2011
The completion date can be modified through our API, so a 3rd party app may provide this functionality, but modifying it through our website is not currently possible. We have over 1500 things on our todo list and this is one of many that we have not gotten to yet. I am sorry.
Salgud

Posted: Mar 29, 2011
Wow! 1500 items! Glad it's not my Todo list. Been curious about that, figured it was in the hundreds, but not anywhere near that many.

Keep on truckin'! Just keep doin' whatcher doin'. It works.
ottohirr

Posted: Apr 03, 2011
Posted by Toodledo:
The completion date can be modified through our API, so a 3rd party app may provide this functionality, but modifying it through our website is not currently possible. We have over 1500 things on our todo list and this is one of many that we have not gotten to yet. I am sorry.

Humm... in today's, let the customer decide/advertise/etc, it would be nice to be able to have input/vote, on what people consider important, of those 1500+ features...

It also, in my naive view, seems that "simple feature" changes be weighed against more complex feature changes...

To me, it seems this is a "simple feature change"...

However if you are trying to roll it and other changes into a major feature release, it may yet be quite a bit of time (years?) before this is out...

Just purchased the pro-plus, since my (short) trial is about to expire, hoping that I don't find too many other "obvious-this-should-be-there" kind of surprises.

Don't get me wrong, I do like the service, I just want the world... :)

Best regards -
holbertdg

Posted: Jul 27, 2011
Score: -1 Reference
In case counts of requests matter, editing completion dates is one to get done. IMHO - You just came out with this great new look. That could have waited a few days for the completion date edits.

There is an obvious and awkward work around - if you report outside of Toodledo anyway, you have to download completed tasks anyway, so edit at that point, or copy and paste "due date" where due dates are edited to completion date.

But you see how silly this gets. What's worse, customers using an older looking interface or customers compelled to do silly things to get the product to do simple things?
mark.farrow

Posted: Aug 11, 2011
Posted by mark.farrow:
After 2 years, I hope this has bubbled to the top of the developers wish list... I could sure use this tracking tool too!

The new interface looks and works well, but another year has gone by without this seeming simple change...
randall.leblanc

Posted: Aug 13, 2011
This would be a great improvement. I use start date as a workaround, but then I loose some functionality with start date. Completion date is pretty much useless to me without the ability to change it to the actual date completed. There are just too many times when can't get around to checking off everything I did in a day before the clock strikes 12.
philip

Posted: Aug 30, 2011
Please, please can we get this implemented? I really need this to track what I've done.
jeffhstarr

Posted: Jan 31, 2012
Score: 1 Reference
Hey, would the developers add the feature in exchange for lunch? pizza? beer? I own a fledgling software startup. I would love to have this kind of crystal clarity on what the users want!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.