ForumsQuestionsIntegration with ifttt.com

Integration with ifttt.com
Al Briggs

Posted: Feb 01, 2012
Score: 4 Reference
I think ifttt is the bees knees - and integration for toodledo would really make it possible to create todo items from lots of other places based on triggers etc!

I also think it would be great if toodledo could expose some triggers.

Please contact the ifttt guys as I don't think this would be complex for either of you to work on and you could be the first todo app in the list of channels they have!

Al
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 01, 2012
Score: 1 Reference
Thanks for the suggestion. We can't comment on a timeframe for implementation, but this is on our to-do list.
Mark Schill

Posted: Feb 02, 2012
Yes, this would be so totally awesome to have.
inaki.moro

Posted: Mar 12, 2012
absolutly agree
wmwheeler

Posted: Jun 24, 2012
Just started using ifttt and immediately thought about the possibilities with toodledo.
igor.senna

Score: 0 Reference
It's possible to integrate IFTTT using your secret Toodledo email and a gmail account.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
IFTTT does not currently have an API or a way for us to add a Toodledo channel, but if/when they do we will certainly look into it.
Eddiemoto

Posted: Jun 27, 2012
It is limited functionality, but you could enable your RSS feed in Toodledo and have a trigger in IFTT for any new items added.
mystre.teacher

Posted: Aug 21, 2012
There's a few ways you can get Toodledo to interact. This recipe I created adds a task from a voice phone call by taking advantage of Toodledo's abililty to convert tweets to tasks by direct messaging toodledo (D toodledo).

http://ifttt.com/recipes/52031

1. Call the ifttt and leave an audio message
2. audio automatically converted to text tweet that is forwarded to toodledo.
3. Toodledo posts task.

The downside is that you'll have to call again to make another task.

This message was edited Aug 21, 2012.
robmutsaars

Posted: Aug 22, 2012
seems a very nice way to use IFTT to send your todo's to Toodledo.. too bad that IFTT only supports US based phone numbers...

This message was edited Aug 22, 2012.
mystre.teacher

Posted: Aug 22, 2012
You can do the same thing with SMS. Here's that recipe

http://ifttt.com/recipes/52207
alexandr.molin

Posted: Aug 23, 2012
I wonder whether it is possible to configure IfThisThenThat to create meeting at the exact time in Google Calendar on the basis of a task?

The idea is that for tasks which are meetings, create timely events in the Google Calendar.

Still Toodledo sync with Google Calendar 1 time a day, and IfThisThenThat synchronized with Google Calendar 1 time per 15 minutes.

Does anyone know it works?

Alexander M.
saskia.x

Posted: Sep 16, 2012
I just signed up for IFTTT and think it's awesome, but was disappointed to see there is no Toodledo channel yet. I can see how I might be able to cobble together a few workarounds using my toodledo email address etc but it was be brilliant if I could use it properly with Toodledo.

Their website says
"Does IFTTT have an API? Can I create my own Channel?
We're building a Channel Platform to allow anyone with an API to create a Channel! To receive updates as development progresses, fill out this short survey. If you're a hardware manufacturer with an API, email us at [email protected] to discuss potential integrations."
So perhaps it's worth Toodledo contacting them to see if something could be worked out? It would be really good for Toodledo to be the first task app on there (don't let RTM get in there first!!!).
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 17, 2012
We have contacted IFTTT already, when it first came out. We are still waiting for them to make an API or get in touch with us.
zechariahs

Posted: Mar 10, 2013
Has anyone from Toodledo used this page to start the process of creating a channel? https://ifttt.com/platform.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 10, 2013
Yes, we have long ago. We have not yet been contacted by IFTT to setup a channel.
saskia.x

Posted: Jun 26, 2013
I would suggest that anyone who wants to see Toodledo-IFTT integration submits a request at https://ifttt.com/help/channel_suggestion

Hopefully if they realise there are enough users out there interested in a Toodledo channel they will get round to making one!
Jason Bushell

Posted: Jun 27, 2013
This would take TD to a new level.

I use IFTTT to create tasks based on receiving emails from ebay.

However, it is a little bit of a pain, as I need to make my TD email my primary email on their site.

Anyway, I guess its down to them now.
juwlz

Posted: Jun 29, 2013
Posted by saskia.x:
I would suggest that anyone who wants to see Toodledo-IFTT integration submits a request at https://ifttt.com/help/channel_suggestion

Done.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.