ForumsQuestionsDifferent ordering of tasks for different searches

Different ordering of tasks for different searches
Timothy.M.Read

Posted: May 23, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
Last year there was a thread about the possibility of defining different ordering of tasks for different searches since it is annoying having to click on the column headings. The Admin liked the idea and was going to work on it, but I am not aware of any update or way to do this.

Any news?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
This is on our to-do list, but it is our policy to not comment on our roadmap or delivery dates for future feature improvements.
dannyw0011

For someone who lives in saved searches, the lack of saved sorts unique to each view's individual tabs proves to be my biggest frustration with Toodledo on a day-to-day basis. Trying to remember and then reset sort patterns per tab is counterintuitive. I truly hope this is high up on Toodledo's to-do list.

That said, I find Toodledo to be far more capable than other similar services for my needs. It is a plus to even have the option of three sort levels. Now, if it could only be tweaked a little....
Timothy.M.Read

Posted: May 24, 2012
Thanks Admin for the answer. Let's hope it won't still be on your to-do list next year as well!!
tim.dorsch

Posted: May 24, 2012
I strongly "third" this request.
Salgud

Posted: May 25, 2012
I want this too
dsigetich

Posted: May 26, 2012
Really, REALLY want manual ordering of tasks. You have it already for subtasks. Is there any hope?

Thanks! LOVE ToodleDo for organizing medium-size projects.
Purveyor

Posted: May 26, 2012
Posted by dsigetich:
Is there any hope?
Hope springs eternal in the human breast.
– Alexander Pope

Here's a thread from May 2009: Is there a way to control the display order of tasks

This message was edited May 26, 2012.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 27, 2012
This is something that is on our to-do list, but the main purpose of this idea is to save 2-6 mouse clicks. While this is certainly important, it is not what we would call a critical feature, so we have been focusing more on things that cannot be done at all, like mobile access and sharing. We will get to it eventually.
PeterW 

Posted: May 28, 2012
Posted by dsigetich:
Really, REALLY want manual ordering of tasks. You have it already for subtasks. Is there any hope?

Me too... I started using something else because this would be regarded as non-critical and therefore doubtful it will happen any time in the next few years.
dannyw0011

Posted: May 28, 2012
Score: 1 Reference
Posted by Toodledo:
This is something that is on our to-do list, but the main purpose of this idea is to save 2-6 mouse clicks. While this is certainly important, it is not what we would call a critical feature, so we have been focusing more on things that cannot be done at all, like mobile access and sharing. We will get to it eventually.

If this request only involved saving 2-6 mouse clicks I would agree with you; however, the more important issue for me is trying to remember my sorting criteria which can vary across each view's individual tabs. I find myself having to stop and think through the program itself instead of concentrating on the task at hand. As I stated above, it's counterintuitive.

I'm not sure if this would be complicated to implement or not, but I find the saving of sort criteria only slightly less important as saving the search criteria itself.
Purveyor

Posted: May 29, 2012
Score: -1 Reference
Posted by Toodledo:
We will get to it eventually.

Storing the sort order is much simpler and easier than storing the search criteria. "ORDER BY" is just one part of a MySQL SELECT statement and it has just a few parameters.

What specifically is preventing you from doing this in a couple of hours, other than the fact that you don't think that it is important enough?

This message was edited May 29, 2012.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 29, 2012
Score: 1 Reference
I don't want to go into the details of how our database and application are designed, but if it was as easy as you say it is, I would have done it already?
kevin_hatch

Posted: Jul 03, 2012
Posted by PeterW :
Posted by dsigetich:

Me too... I started using something else because this would be regarded as non-critical and therefore doubtful it will happen any time in the next few years.

@PeterW - would it be possible to contact you directly (aka - outside the forum)? I'd like to ask you about your Todo experience, but it seems off topic for this forum.

Thanks.
PeterW 

Posted: Jul 09, 2012
Sure - you can email me at pwatters3 at gmail.com.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.