ForumsQuestionsAndroid app crashing on my Pixel 2XL phone

Android app crashing on my Pixel 2XL phone
vietpride84

Posted: Mar 18, 2020
Score: 1 Reference
Hello,

The Android Toodledo app keeps crashing. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app and it's still doing the same thing. I have hard shutdown my phone and it was no help. I tried to see if there was any update to the app and there was no update available (it's up to date). I've been using this app for probably 10 years and have not had this type of consistent crashing on my android devices.

Please help. Thank you.
quercusmaximus

Posted: Mar 19, 2020
Score: 0 Reference
Posted by vietpride84:
Hello,

The Android Toodledo app keeps crashing. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app and it's still doing the same thing. I have hard shutdown my phone and it was no help. I tried to see if there was any update to the app and there was no update available (it's up to date). I've been using this app for probably 10 years and have not had this type of consistent crashing on my android devices.

Please help. Thank you.

I'm experiencing the same thing on a galaxy note 9. I've canceled my subscription renewal until they get this fixed.
volker.kenner

Posted: Mar 20, 2020
Using Toodledo on Samsung Galaxy S9. Since last update on 2020-03-18 the app do no longer snyc tasks. It crashes
Slowaxe

Posted: Mar 21, 2020
On pixel 4xl, crashing reliably if I search and other random times, help?
vietpride84

Posted: Mar 23, 2020
Looks like uninstalling/reinstalling allows the app to work as of 3/23/20. Hope that helps everyone.
Anant G.

Posted: Mar 25, 2020
Right reinstalling the app should fix the issue. It is happening because data needs to be synced again.
Laurent C.

Posted: Mar 25, 2020
Reinstalling the app of no help to me on SGN9 crashing always !

This message was edited Mar 25, 2020.
tm_1320663819

Posted: Mar 26, 2020
I had clear cache & data. Lost all settings and had to re-configure from scratch, but it works now. Except saved search crash, which is old news anyway.
KBC1-Gold-Expired-May2020

Posted: Mar 26, 2020
Just a wacky thought -- Toodledo is working fine for me over Chrome and Windows. It also works the way it always has on my iPad on iOS, just the way that Jake built it to work. So, I am in good shape with everything working the way I need it to.

Maybe some of you might want to buy a cheap used iPad on eBay or somewhere to get you by until the Android app is fixed and stable.

More discussion in this independent Slack group, totally independent from Toodledo, the company.

Look here >> https://tinyurl.com/rbn4hyb

Happy Toodledoing.

This message was edited Mar 26, 2020.
fdoten

Posted: Mar 27, 2020
Hello KBC1-Gold-Active,

How old is your iOS? I have an older iPod Touch stuck at v6.1.6, and recently the sync with my Windows PC began to fail.
I think a Toodledo update caused it to fail, and the techs are working on it.
Achimobil_2

Posted: Mar 29, 2020
Sinse the last Update nothing works on my Samsung S8. That ia not good for a paid app and all my mails over the app crash are not answered.
So what now? I need the app on my android phone for my daylies. Reinstall is not an option, it tooks my days to configure, so when will this be fixed?
tracey.douglass

Posted: Apr 05, 2020
I too am having this problem with the android app on my S10. Wierdly enough I tried logging into the mobile webpage on my phone and it shows way more tasks than the normal webpage shows on my laptop. It seems like they are not synced up anymore??? Very confusing.
Laurence_1573215849

Posted: May 03, 2020
This happened to me to for a couple of days, but I think (not sure) Toodledo pulled back the update and reverted to an older version. Took several hours after logging in to the mobile app (basically leaving the phone alone) -- and things are back to normal and everything is syncing fine.
marcemobile_3

Posted: May 11, 2020
I have the app installed on both my mobile phone vs 6.6.8 whereby in settings/data/delete and resync it simply cleared my mobi, no data but I can see the titles of my searches. On checking Accounts in General mobile settings I though I could try to force resync. But that failed too. It may work for others why I mI have the app installed on both my mobile phone vs 6.6.8 whereby in settings/data/delete and resync it simply cleared my mobi, no data but I can see the titles of my searches. On checking Accounts in General mobile settings I though I could try to force resync. But that failed too. It may work for others why I mention. So I will wait a few hours to see if it is successful at resyncing as it should reattempt every 15 mins

On my Tablet I have uninstalled, reinstalled, I see I have vs 6.6.9. I can view current data, it seems to synchronise but 'Due Date' is not displaying correct tasks for say within 30 days, 7 days etc. Even when under Show' all!
Selecting all to be viewed. Something's amiss there.

An option to consider as web versions of the data all seems to be correct, is to access Toodledo via //m.toodledo.com
It doesn't include saved searches which I'm missing obismally! Neither can you see attachments but then that was the case with the app.ention. So I will wait a few hours to see if it is successful at resyncing as it should reattempt every 15 mins

On my Tablet I have uninstalled, reinstalled, I see I have vs 6.6.9. I can view current data, it seems to synchronise but 'Due Date' is not displaying correct tasks for say within 30 days, 7 days etc. Even when under Show' all!
Selecting all to be viewed. Something's amiss there.

An option to consider as web versions of the data all seems to be correct, is to access Toodledo via //m.toodledo.com
It doesn't include saved searches which I'm missing obismally! Neither can you see attachments but then that was the case with the app.

Just spotted; Adding new tasks using the above address does not come with your selected defaults! Can't be dealing with that! Please resolve the syncing problem with the Android app, asap.

This message was edited May 11, 2020.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.