ForumsQuestionsToodledo still alive?

Toodledo still alive?
japito8000

Posted: Nov 25, 2020
Score: 1 Reference
Hi,

I currently have a free account (had gold but moved to another todo system) and I am thinking about having a paid subscription again. However, I read lots of comments about no response on support tickets and see no updates (e.g. on the IOS beta test app) so I was wondering how "alive" is Toodledo? Before moving and committing myself on a dead product :)

Regards
Duo

Posted: Nov 25, 2020
Score: 0 Reference
Don't waste your time or your money. It's dead.
oletros

Posted: Nov 26, 2020
Toodledo is dead

I bet that the infrastructure will be shutdown without notice
The Dave

Posted: Nov 26, 2020

I hope you're wrong, but... It does have that feel to things.
Allan

Posted: Nov 27, 2020
Posted by oletros:
Toodledo is dead

I would not take bet against that.

Almost decided to move to ticktick..tests going well
Allan

Posted: Nov 28, 2020
Just moved to ticktick. Seems Fine

Relieved

Thanks for all the fish.
rob_1361242339

Even though I have been hopeful, that is not a good strategy. Looking at alternates also. Just cant trust any company that hasnt made an appearance in several months and has hundreds of queued support tickets. Will stick around but will be ready for the end. Expected and corralled or not.
Lenny_Wass

Heard from Anant on Linked In. apparently some of the delay and silence is due to a COVID outbreak.
oletros

Posted by Lenny_Wass:
Heard from Anant on Linked In. apparently some of the delay and silence is due to a COVID outbreak.

3 months outbreak, sure
Ummagumma

Posted by Lenny_Wass:

Jesus, poor Anant must’ve been hit really hard to not be able to drop in once a week... is his internet connection sick ?
Rich

Posted: Nov 30, 2020
Slightly off-topic, but I don't understand why so many tech companies are warning their customers of interrupted services and delays in responding to support requests because of COVID. I would think that tech companies are the least impacted industry. Is there a legitimate reason that I'm not aware of?
cj

Posted by Rich:
Slightly off-topic, but I don't understand why so many tech companies are warning their customers of interrupted services and delays in responding to support requests because of COVID. I would think that tech companies are the least impacted industry. Is there a legitimate reason that I'm not aware of?

It's just an excuse - a perfect excuse - because you can't argue with it.
a. you can't prove the person (or company) has been hit hard with Covid
b. and if you imply that it's just an excuse, you're a cold hearted, cynical, complaining prick.
mlb32704

Do we really and truly believe that Toodledo is going to be sunset anytime soon, or is everyone just venting because Anant and Co. just don't respond to any support requests and the like anymore? I for one actually like the basics of Toodledo and don't want to switch to an alternative, but I'm staying tuned and keeping my options available. What's the closest/best and preferably free alternative, TickTick? Remember the Milk? Others?
cj

Posted by mlb32704:
Do we really and truly believe that Toodledo is going to be sunset anytime soon, or is everyone just venting because Anant and Co. just don't respond to any support requests and the like anymore? I for one actually like the basics of Toodledo and don't want to switch to an alternative, but I'm staying tuned and keeping my options available. What's the closest/best and preferably free alternative, TickTick? Remember the Milk? Others?

Yes.
While I am a huge fan of Toodledo - the writing is definitely "on the wall"
- They have not been accepting paid subscriptions for a while (from what I understand) - and my premium subscription was automatically downgraded to the free, on the subscription renewal date (a smart move - not to take money).
- The IOS beta has expired. And there has not been any communications about it for many months. (ie... people running toodledo on ios just lost the product.
- If the toodledo owner(s) have abandoned any updates or support, it is only a matter of time before their server hosting runs out (months, weeks maybe a year) - and all toodledo functionality is lost.

Sorry to say - I was a huge fan and supporter, but now I am in the process of transferring my data and habits to a new platform.
The Dave

The fact that they aren’t accepting money is the real significant sign here.
Ummagumma

Posted by cj:
you're a cold hearted, cynical, complaining prick.

I am turning into one, for sure.
CharleneTX

Posted: Dec 02, 2020
When did they stop accepting money? My autorenewal happened in August and wasn't downgraded.
Duo

Posted by CharleneTX:
When did they stop accepting money? My autorenewal happened in August and wasn't downgraded.

It could just be another broken piece of the system that is stopping them from taking money and not any deliberate action on their part.

This message was edited Dec 02, 2020.
cj

Posted by Duo:
Posted by CharleneTX:

It could just be another broken piece of the system that is stopping them from taking money and not any deliberate action on their part.

Doubtful ...
My account was deliberately (and automatically) downgraded from one of the premium levels to the free account.
Duo

Posted by cj:
Posted by Duo:
Posted by CharleneTX:

Doubtful ...
My account was deliberately (and automatically) downgraded from one of the premium levels to the free account.

Was this somehow different from the usual automatic downgrade that happens when they haven't been paid?
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.