ForumsQuestionsPlease vote on this feature (Saved Views Update)

Please vote on this feature (Saved Views Update)
Osaga

Posted: Jan 03, 2010
Score: 18 Reference
Please voice your vote if you would think this to be a useful feature for ToodleDo.

Custom Views or Saved Views Update

Currently you can create and save customs views. I propose the following minor tweaks what would make these saved searches actually useful and would cut out all the time spent in sorting, re-sorting, filtering and re-filtering.

Tweaks:
1. Allow Sorting, Filtering and Collaborators adjustments to be saved with the saved search. (This is the most critical part.)
2. Allow reordering of the tabs for these saved searches.
3. Allow renaming of saved searches.
4. Add another section to the top called "My Lists" (or favorites) that has only these saved searches.

What this will do for you:
1. Gives you your own personal section with all of your most used task lists. Maybe one is for your goals, the other for your daily work list, another for your daily home list and another for your current project all sorted and filtered appropriately.
2. Reduce the amount of time clicking around trying to find your most used views, resorting, reordering and reclicking.
3. Keeps ToodleDo simple once set up.
4. Doesn't slow you down and you know exactly where everything is.

Please respond with a yes or why you think this might not work.

Thanks, Osaga

This message was edited Jan 03, 2010.
rdd

Score: 0 Reference
I totally agree! I have posted something similar, but you elaborate a bit more than I did. So count me in on this one!
timcalhoon

ToodleDo is the best and this would make it better. Count me in too.
PetrV

Posted: Jan 04, 2010
Yes! Perhaps including iPhone app :-)
shawn

Count me in!
Proximo

+1 again from me.

I hate the fact that I can't rename a saved search or order them the way I would like.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 05, 2010
Thanks for the suggestion.
Rebecca

Posted: Jan 11, 2010
+1
toby

Posted: Jan 15, 2010
Agreed.

A big part of the attraction of planning is time saving - eliminating duplication of effort being a big part.
TheGriff_2

Posted: Jan 16, 2010
+1 from me but not before saved searches are implemented on the iPhone. I like the idea of calling them "lists"...was just thinking that after reading something about switching from RTM.
ron

Posted: May 19, 2010
+1
max

Posted: May 20, 2010
Yes, agree. I have 5 or 6 combinations of contexts and folders that I use daily and it would be great if were available in a single click

Max
saskia.x

Posted: May 20, 2010
Yeah, it would be great if sorting & filtering settings were saved with saved searches (actually, not just for saved searches, it would be fab if all tabs in all views remembered their sort/filter settings).

It would also be nice if we could rearrange the order of saved search tabs (although I get around this by prefacing the titles of my most used searches with "!" which sorts them to the front of the list, or you could number them or something).

As for renaming, you do know you can just click "modify this search", re-run the search, then give it a new name? This will create a duplicate, though, rather than just renaming it, but it's not too much trouble to delete the old search. It's not like you need to rename a search every day, so a couple of extra clicks once in a while isn't a massive problem.

I'm not quite sure I understand tweak number 4, as there is already a link to saved searches at the top of the page. It would, however, be nice to be able to mark certain tabs (both saved searches & tabs in other views) as "favourites" and have a link for easy access to just those tabs.

This message was edited May 20, 2010.
silviastraka

Posted: May 22, 2010
Yes, I rely heavily on searches to get the views that work best for me. These features would make Toodledo even better for me.
mahmoodadeel

Posted: May 23, 2010
+1
clason

Posted: Jul 28, 2010
+1
Salgud

Posted: Jul 28, 2010
Score: 1 Reference
Good suggestions. I've worked with other software that had these features and they're very handy. I've thought about how useful it would be to have a short list of saved views (saved searches with the sorting and filtering settings preserved) for my most commonly used views, like Today's Work, Today's Personal, etc. Then have my other saved searches/views in another list that I access (less often) from a menu or something. That way I can have my cake and eat it too.

I'll vote twice for this one!
Osaga

Posted: Sep 26, 2010
Score: 2 Reference
Posted by Toodledo:
Thanks for the suggestion.

Hi Toodledo

I've reposted this request (which I put up around 6 months ago).

Here is the new discussion link:
http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/7743/0/custom-views-please-vote-on-this-feature.html

At that time we had 15 solid yes's for this feature. I'm reopening the vote on this one to let you know that this would be a well received update.

Thanks for all your hard work. It is appreciated.
Osaga

This message was edited Sep 26, 2010.
Technocrap

Score: 1 Reference
+1
PeterW 

I'd suggest you read the following recent thread in the News forum:
http://www.toodledo.com/forums/1/7343/0/locations-reverse-sort-and-more.html

...and particularly one of the posts from Toodledo:
Posted by Toodledo:
One thing to keep in mind is that only about 3% of our users have ever set foot in the forums, and an even smaller fraction have posted a comment. So, what you read in the forums shouldn't really be used as a general barometer for the desires of the entire user base.

It's a very instructive thread in terms of feature requests and expectations.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.