ForumsQuestionsiphone app sharing

iphone app sharing
ladunkin

Posted: Jan 10, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Any word on when we can expect to be able to share our lists with the iphone app? My husband and I upgraded to the premium account to be able to share and would really like this functionality on the iphone app as well. Otherwise the premium is somewhat useless to us.

Thank you. Other than that, really enjoying Toodledo!
gjblair

Posted: Jan 11, 2010
I also am eager to have this functionality.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 12, 2010
Yes, this is planned for a future update.
gjblair

Future is ???
A. Next week
B. Next month
C. Next year

Specificity is appreciated...
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Sorry, it is our policy to not comment on timelines. However, I will say that this is one of the top 3 requests for the iPhone (in addition to Notebook and Saved Searches), so its high on the todo list.
deirdre

Posted: Apr 04, 2010
Hi 3 months on and no sharing via iPhone. Feel rather ripped off.
George

Posted: Apr 10, 2010
Now that the iPad is out and supported we really want the sharing feature supported for that device. You said it was on your toodledo list (pun intended) in September of 2009. 4 months ago it was one of the top 3 requests. Any news you can share?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 10, 2010
This is on our to-do list, but it is our policy to not comment on our roadmap or delivery dates for future feature improvements.
Paul

Posted: May 07, 2010
I'm eagerly awaiting this as well. Once it is done, will it also be synced to third-party iPhone apps?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 11, 2010
It will be up to each third-party app to enable this feature.
ladunkin

Posted: Sep 26, 2010
I hated to do it, but as of this morning I have switched to Remember the Milk because I'm able to share my lists on the iphone with my husband.

I signed up for the Toodledo pro account last year specifically for the ability to share our Grocery List and Honey Do List via iphone. I was willing to wait a little while for the functionality which I did. Then in January 2010 I posted the above request for the functionality asking when it would be available and have followed the post ever since hoping for good news. However, to my dismay all that was reported was it is our "top priority" but still no joy. I was alerted that my Pro subscription will expire soon. So I was trying to determine if I should renew. I again looked to see if the sharing capability was there, again the whole reason I was paying was to be able to utilize the sharing with my husband via the iphone. It was not. As of this morning I have confirmed that Remember the Milk does offer this functionality.

I will miss Toodledo, as I truly enjoyed using the product, but it isn't worth paying for when it doesn't do the main function I need it to do.

Regretfully,
ladunkin
piyush_soni

Posted: Sep 26, 2010
Yes ladunkin,
I think "this is on our top priority list" kind of reply is there on many threads. Some are on "top priority" for more than an year.
john.romadka

Posted: Jan 24, 2011
Posted by Toodledo:
Yes, this is planned for a future update.

I'd like to point out that you and your website: http://www.toodledo.com/info/iphone.php

are providing dishonest and misleading functionality lists for your iphone product.

It states:
With Toodledo on the iPhone you can:
(13 bullet points down)
"•Securely sync your todo list with Toodledo.com for backup purposes, and to use the additional functionality available on our website: file attachments, subtasks, sharing/collaboration, forums, etc."

I went and purchased the iphone app based on this, and not find out that your still haven't implimented the functionality.

Shame on you and your marketing dept. for misleading your customers.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 24, 2011
I thought that the bullet point was pretty clear that the additional functionality listed is available on the website only. I can see how it can be interpreted differently. I'll rewrite it. I apologize for the inconvenience.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.