ForumsQuestionsView by: Tag not working as well as slim/#_tags

View by: Tag not working as well as slim/#_tags
dg

Posted: Mar 21, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
On the main Toodledo site, if I select from the top menu row "View By: Tags" - the way the tasks are segmented by tags appears to be incorrect to me; whereas the corresponding slim/#_tags site sorts the tasks by tags exactly as I would expect it to. It appears to me there's something wrong with the way tag sorting is implemented on the main "View By: Tags" page.

On the "View By: Tags" page, tasks with more than one tag aren't sorted into individual tag groups like they are on the slim/#_tags page. They are sorted as if the entire list of tags assigned to a given task are one continuous phrase surrounded by quotes. This results in a very confusing list that looks something like this...

tagA
tagA, tabB
tagA, tagB, tagC
tagA, tagC
tabB, tagC
tagC

The slim/#_tags page sorts the tags as expected. Tasks with multiple tags assigned are sorted as if each tag were independent. The same task list example shown above looks like this...

tagA
tagB
tagC

Is there something wrong with the "View By: Tags" page? Or is that the intended design for some reason?

Thx!
-- dg

This message was edited Mar 21, 2010.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 22, 2010
This is the currently intended behavior. The reason why is because if we broke out all the tags, a task could appear multiple times on the same page and this may cause confusion. For example, people might think they have duplicate tasks, and might delete one of them, which would delete all of them (obviously a bad result).
dg

Posted: Mar 23, 2010
Posted by Toodledo:
This is the currently intended behavior. The reason why is because if we broke out all the tags, a task could appear multiple times on the same page and this may cause confusion. For example, people might think they have duplicate tasks, and might delete one of them, which would delete all of them (obviously a bad result).

I see. I appreciate the response. But that is how the slim/#_tags page works and...for the record...that is the "expected behavior" for me. I'm glad at least the slim/#_tags page works that way.

This message was edited Mar 23, 2010.
dg

Posted: Apr 11, 2010
I have a request about tags that's related to these prior posts, so I'm re-using that thread.

In the main menu...View By > Tags, could we have an option to sort the tags alphabetically? Same request applies to the Slim site as well.

Thx!

This message was edited Apr 11, 2010.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Thanks for the suggestion. We can't comment on a timeframe for implementation, but this is on our to-do list.
dg

I hate to keep at this, but one final request related to tags, I would like it if Quick Search also searched the tag field in addition to the Subject field.

Last request....I promise!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.