ForumsQuestionsT-Mobile G1 / Google Phone Integration

T-Mobile G1 / Google Phone Integration
Jeremy

Posted: Sep 27, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
Any plans on integration with the new T-Mobile G1?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 28, 2008
Since nobody uses one yet, we are going to wait and see if Android is popular before committing resources to that platform.
kenbeyond

Posted: Sep 28, 2008
Yeah,that's a rational decision.
I wish the development team would focus on the web platform.

This message was edited Sep 28, 2008.
Jeremy

Posted: Sep 30, 2008
Consider it an early adopter request. Besides with the tight integration with Google apps, that most people use in addition to Toodledo, its a natural fit for your user base. In other words, you have lots of google users.

@kenbeyond - what makes you think that they aren't focused on the web platform? Aside from updates to the slim/ iPhone app, I don't see any other upgrades....
kenbeyond

Posted: Oct 01, 2008
@Jeremy
Em,I should say that the development team should keep focus on the web platform.:)
Considering the possibility that I would transfer my phone platform,I wish all the tasks can be done on a mobile browser.
michael.klatskin

Posted: Oct 29, 2008
The TooDo app has good integration with both Toodledo and RTM. I only discovered Toodledo because I was working on integrating with RTM.

I also use the slim interface from the phone.

As the phone's native browser is build from webkit ( just like iphone ) and has google gears. The browser based Integration for Iphone may support both.
slsgtd

Posted: Oct 29, 2008
I used the Palm interface on my Treo. I use the Google widget. I now have an Android and have tried the TooDo app. I would REALLY like a port of the Google widget. I find the TooDo to be TooComplicated.
michael.klatskin

Posted: Nov 03, 2008
I am considering building an Android version of Toodledo.

I find the TooDo uses up a lot of cpu time as well as being to busy.

What features would be must have for an android version.
Jeremy

Posted: Nov 03, 2008
@michael

I would like to see a client that would use the slim interface and utilize the functionality of Android. i.e. Hold down on a phone number in program and it takes you to the phone function, location based reminders, tight integration with google calendar (if you set a due time in Toodledo, it will put it on your calendar). I think the slim version gives you a start and from there merge it with the great feeatures in android.

Jeremy
Canyon Russell

Posted: Nov 04, 2008
I also think that TooDo is neat but too complex for day to day GTD use. I'm using the slim site on my G1 and it's great but not optimized. My big concern is the lack of access to the notebook from the slim interface. The answer to iphone users appears to be "get an app that syncs" but we, in android land, don't have that option.

I love ToodleDo and am glad that the slim version lets me keep using it on my G1. I would love and look forward to any improvements moving forward.

Canyon
Édouard Mercier

Posted: Nov 23, 2008
Hello there.

We know that TooDo is far from perfect. But we are constantly improving the application (take a look at the news and events section if you do not take my words for granted). Have you tried the v2.1.0?

- If you feel it does meet your requirements, if you have ideas/suggestions, please report them at [email protected].
- If you experience problems, please ask for some support.
- If you want to create your own Toodledo-compatible application, why don't you discuss that with me? We are very open...

Anyway, thank you for giving TooDo a try.
Regards,
Édouard
slsgtd

Posted: May 19, 2009
I keep looking for a G1 version that is comparable to the iPhone version. The current G1 version is somewhere between bad and poor. Is there a reason that the iPhone version can not be used as a model?
n.muenzner

Posted: Jun 23, 2009
Posted by slsgtd:
I keep looking for a G1 version that is comparable to the iPhone version. The current G1 version is somewhere between bad and poor. Is there a reason that the iPhone version can not be used as a model?

Me too. TooDo is no longer working with cupkake and you can not compare with the official iPhone app.

Please build the same for android.

Thanx
Proximo

Posted: Jun 23, 2009
Posted by kenbeyond:
Yeah,that's a rational decision.
I wish the development team would focus on the web platform.

I honestly believe that the iPhone application is very important, but I would have to agree with kenbeyound on this one. I would rather see more efforts on the web platform improvements than the iPhone at the moment.

Even if I can't do everything with the iPhone app. as it stands today, I would at least be able to easily add things to my list on the go and at worst case, be able to see my task on the go.

What I really want to see is True Project support and Sub-task working properly. This will improve Toodledo dramatically.
slsgtd

Posted: Oct 26, 2009
I have been a Pro Plus subscriber pretty much from the beginning, so I hate to say this. I have an Android G1 and Toodledo is pretty much worthless on it. I suppose I'll consider comming back when they make an application, but between the two, my phone is more important.
Vin Thomas

Posted: Oct 26, 2009
I would love to see Android support. I am thinking about buying my wife the Droid when it comes out. I have heard great things and I am sure it will grow...
Proximo

Posted: Oct 27, 2009
Posted by Vin Thomas:
I would love to see Android support. I am thinking about buying my wife the Droid when it comes out. I have heard great things and I am sure it will grow...

The Droid sounds like the first true competitor for the iPhone. I still think it will take over 1 year for things to shape of for the Android platform IF the Droid is successful.

I could have a long technical geeky discussion about why I see potential in Android, but I will spare you the long post.

It's still going to take them some time to get a foot hold. So let's hope for Droid's success because competition is what forces innovation.
Vin Thomas

Plus I did notice some competitors starting to roll out Android apps...
Anders

Really? I have heard that development for the Android market amounts to a suicide mission.
http://www.electronista.com/articles/09/08/31/android.app.sales.low/

Apparently, it is even more difficult to develop an app that will work on different Android devices than it is to do that for WM, which is saying a lot. I would also love to see the platform take off, but it seems like they have a long way to go.
slsgtd

Posted: Nov 04, 2009
Do you charge for the iPhone application? If your goal is to make money off of the mobile program then you may be right. If you offer it for free anyway then iit seems that plenty of people are downloading the programs.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.