ForumsQuestionsiPhone App "Lower Case Tags" Bug

iPhone App "Lower Case Tags" Bug
steve

Posted: Dec 01, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Hi

Just installed 2.1.1 on my iPhone.

In recent versions, when I edit a tag I noticed that the"pop-up" list of existing tags which I'd input as upper case had all been switched to lower case.

I presumed this was the bug you mention having been fixed but I see that my list of tags is still lower case and, even if I update a tag and make it upper case, this upper case tag is still shown in the tag list as lower case.

Not a major problem but I just thought you'd want to know if this should have been fixed.

Cheers.
Steve

This message was edited Dec 01, 2010.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 01, 2010
You must have a lower case version of the tag in one of your tasks. If you are using both "Tag" and "tag" and "tAg", Toodledo doesn't know which one is the correct capitalization, so it just picks one at random. If you standardize on one version, then the app will display it correctly.
steve

Posted: Dec 02, 2010
Hi

Many thanks for the quick reply but, with respect, I don't think this is right.

When I go to the "Edit Tag" page in the iPhone App, ALL the available tags are now shown lower case but this is only because they were converted to that by some recent version of the App. If I just scroll through all my Tasks, ALL the tags are upper case, which is how they were input.

When I click on a tag in Toodledo on the browser on my Mac, which brings up all the existing tags used, these are ALL shown as upper case which is correct.

I don't believe I have input any lower case tags, which seems to be borne out by what's shown on my Mac?

Is there some way I can convert all the lower case "pick list" tags on my iPhone back to upper case please?

Many thanks.

Steve

This message was edited Dec 02, 2010.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 02, 2010
You may have a completed task with the lowercase version of the tag. I'll check on this.
steve

Posted: Dec 20, 2010
Just wanted to say thank you very much for fixing this on the latest version of your iPhone app.

Merry Christmas.

Steve
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.