ForumsTips & TricksAnother Simple Theme

Another Simple Theme
PeterW 

Posted: Jan 17, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Hey Vin,

Thanks for the update. I always felt the same (considered red to be the most urgent) so this update is fantastic. Thanks heaps!

Regards,
Peter.
a+a

WOW! That was fast! Thanks a lot, Vin! I really think it works better... (and here comes the but...) but, after the switch, I realized that now I'm not so sure about blue for high priority, like it just doesn't show the level of importance it should. So, how about orange? To go from black->green or blue->orange->red would make more sense, don't you think?
I really don't know how hard it is for you to test this, to see how it looks/works; you know... to change code; so I'll just leave it up to you.
GOD! I hate the people who just keep asking for changes! :D

Thanks a LOT!
Keep'em coming!
Best regards.
Vin Thomas

Glad it's useful for you guys. If you want to customize the colors you can download the "stylish" plugin for Firefox and make the changes easily from within. If you need any help learning how to use this, let me know.
a+a

I'm actually using this as a greasemonkey script, and managed to change some things. Simple stuff, though.
Changed medium priority weight to normal, kept green color.
Changed high priority to orange, kept bold weight. It does work nicer.
Thanks again!
PeterW 

Posted: Jan 18, 2010
I have no knowledge of programming or scripts so can you give me a clue on where to start if I just want to change colours and font weight?

I can see how I can edit the script with the Stylish plugin but none of what I see makes much sense, e.g:
color: #1e454f

How do you know what colour that is?
a+a

Posted: Jan 18, 2010
neither do I... just used common sense:
for the color selection, find whatever palette shows you the color you choose in web format. I know there are some online (look in makeuseof.com), or use something like pickpick tools (google it). I would also recommend using something better than notepad to do the editing. Notepadd++ is way better, and portable, and will highlight each pair of (), [], {}, etc. so editing is easier.
Anyway... once you got that, open your script and look for the class descriptors/names. For instance, about 3/4 along the script you will find something like "\n\n.pri2 {\ncolor: #ff8400 !important;\n}" My guess was "pri2" refers to priority2, so changed the color there. You will also find some other stuff that is not that hard to figure out, such as font weight, etc.
Hope this helps a bit.
Best regards.
Jrod

Posted: Jan 27, 2010
Vin:
I've tried out a few of your themes, and liked them all. But I think this one is the best so far. Nice work.
Vin Thomas

Posted: Jan 28, 2010
Thanks! Glad you like it.
mike

Posted: Feb 01, 2010
Wow, I had no idea what people were talking about until I installed this theme. Very nice, and thanks Vin!

BTW, what do tasks that are in bolded green font indicate?

This message was edited Feb 01, 2010.
Vin Thomas

Posted: Feb 02, 2010
Posted by mike:
Wow, I had no idea what people were talking about until I installed this theme. Very nice, and thanks Vin!

BTW, what do tasks that are in bolded green font indicate?

Glad you like the theme!

Bold Green = Medium 1 Priority
Bold Blue = High 2 Priority
Bold Red = Top 3 Priority

There are a couple other features for due dates as well.

mike

Posted: Feb 02, 2010
Thanks Vin. I totally missed the first page, my bad.
RPlist

Posted: Feb 03, 2010
Great job Vin! I love the coloring! Thank you!
Proximo

Posted: Feb 04, 2010
I started using this theme and it's great. Just like everything Vin does. :-)
PeterW 

Posted: Feb 11, 2010
Hey Vin,

I've been toying with a few changes to your Toodledoish script, mainly changing font sizes. I've managed to change the font size on the "View by" bar and the Tabs.

Now I would like to reduce the font of the bar immediately below the Tabs bar - i.e. the one that says "X To-dos in folder 'Actions', sorted by Due-Date, filtered by context 'work'" on the left hand side with the Filters & Sort links on the right hand side.

Can you (or someone else) tell me which tag I need to look at?

Thanks,
Peter.
PeterW 

Never mind - found it.

Now I just need to work out if there are more options aside from normal, small, smaller, etc. Can a point size be specified?
PeterW 

OK, worked that out also. Apologies for the running commentary!
PeterW 

Right, last question - hopefully!

Is it possible to set a font size for the hotlinks:
Collaborators - Sort - Filters - QuickSearch

...on the right hand side of the header bar without affecting the text size on the left hand side of that bar?

This message was edited Feb 11, 2010.
Vin Thomas

Yes, you can say font-size: 9px or whatever.
PeterW 

Thanks Vin.

What section/tage am I looking for for these specific links?
flyingpylon

Posted: Feb 18, 2010
I'm brand new to Toodledo but I have already installed Stylish and Toodledoish... they're great!

One thing I have noticed however is that the styles are also applied to Toodledo's "slim" version at http://www.toodledo.com/slim which is used in the Google Gadget (in iGoogle or GMail). It makes things a little goofy and more difficult to use.

Is there any way to exclude pages in the slim folder?
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.