ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by thpope"
thpope

Posted Jul 29, 2009 in: Suggestion: Moderator Control (Anders)
Score: 0
  • thpope
  • Posted: Jul 29, 2009
  • Score: 0
Posted by Vin Thomas:
Posted by Tyler:

My suggested alternatives to replace them:

--A green checkmark in place of thumbs up for "Flag as Interesting or Useful"

-- A red flag in place of thumbs down for "Flag as Inappropriate or Spam"

Any thoughts about this?

This suggestions seems more appropriate to me (and probably the original intent of Toodledo).
agree. I thought the thumbs up was more for "I like this suggestion" but it doesn't seem like that at all. And I certainly didn't realize the thumbs down would hide a post as inappropriate.

I am truly frustrated with the forums because it takes me way too long to find responses to my posts. I think it's time for Toodledo to get a regular forum. I know they have their reasons, but this is simply unmanageable.

Regarding the Moderator, someone really needs to reign that guy in. I mean, he's more like a tyrant and one of the meanest guys I've ever seen. ;) (just kidding)
thpope

Posted Jul 29, 2009 in: Automatic creation of tasks?
  • thpope
  • Posted: Jul 29, 2009
Posted by Anders:
@The Pope, I don't understand why PI does that. They are working with the same API as all the other apps that sync with Toodledo, and those guys are seasoned veterans of that kind of app. It doesn't seem to be a common thing, but you rarely hear of other apps having any sync issues at all.
It happened when it was first released and I believe it was because of repeating tasks and "optionally on" tasks (which I will reiterate that I think it's a bad idea to delete tasks automatically). They may have fixed it, but I'm not going to take the chance until maybe 1.1. I have a lot of history with things syncing poorly causing dupes and deletions from way back using Active Stink and my ppc. It's not fun to deal with and with the big screw-ups, you never know for sure that you've gotten back the lost data.
thpope

Posted Jul 24, 2009 in: Scheduler Issues: Video
Score: 1
  • thpope
  • Posted: Jul 24, 2009
  • Score: 1
I believe it gives you a number of tasks where their estimated length *totals* to under your specified time frame. So, if you say 30 minutes, it grabs tasks that add up to 30 minutes or less.

It sounds like you were expecting it to give you all of the tasks that are equal to or less than what you specified. You could probably use the advanced search feature to get that.
thpope

Posted Jul 24, 2009 in: Non-repeating tasks with Optionally On
  • thpope
  • Posted: Jul 24, 2009
Posted by Toodledo:
You could look into using optional due-dates with a repeat value. If the due-date passes, it will be automatically moved forward by whatever interval you specify. I do this for certain tasks that I would like to do (like go to the gym) but which I sometimes skip. In fact, I often don't even check off "go to gym" even if I do it because I now it will automatically repeat for me at midnight.

http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=42
Thanks for the suggestion. I do that now for my non-urgent repeating tasks. But I do have several tasks that are not repeating, not urgent, but are important. Or they have a long time period between repeating.

The only way I handle these now is manually moving the due dates. I guess I'm wanting Toodledo to help manage these more automatically. You know, having custom filters, similar to email filters, would be great. This would be like creating a custom search and applying an action to it using multi-edit, but it all happens automatically. Such as, if I searched for all tasks due today in my work folder, then set the status to all of those as Next Action (I remember someone already requested that). The difference is that Toodledo does this automatically for me in the background.
thpope

Posted Jul 23, 2009 in: Automatic creation of tasks?
  • thpope
  • Posted: Jul 23, 2009
Posted by toodledo:
I did recently upgrade to the latest iPhone app - though I don't know if that corresponds to when this problem started to occur.
The Toodledo iPhone app or something different? I've had problems with 3rd party iPhone todo apps creating dupes when syncing with Toodledo, specifically with Pocket Informant.
thpope

Posted Jul 23, 2009 in: Non-repeating tasks with Optionally On
  • thpope
  • Posted: Jul 23, 2009
Posted by Toodledo:
What I do is just leave the due-date as overdue instead of moving it forward every day. This serves as another reminder of how much I have postponed completing something. If I see that the task is 8 days overdue, then I know that I have postponed it 8 times, so I am more likely to do it. If I moved all of my overdue tasks forward to today, I would lose that information.

It's a personal preference, for sure.
It's a question of "real" importance for me. I have several todos that I thought were important when I entered them, however, the reality is that they are not. I don't know how else to explain it. So when I entered the todo, I put a due date for reminding me to do it, but then I don't get to it on that date, I either leave it overdue, or move the due date out. The problem with it leaving it overdue is it gives it a false sense of urgency. If I see the overdue todo that I wanted to complete weeks ago, it blares in my face. I usually just move the date into the future to get out of my face, but I still want to do it.

What I want is "soft" due dates. If the date comes and I don't complete it, then Toodledo just puts it out there, either one more day, or one more week, or some user defined period. This way I see it, but if I don't get to it, then I know it will pop back up later. I really don't like overdue todos (get too many and it becomes an overwhelming problem, loss of motivation), and I really don't like moving a bunch of todo due dates forward (becomes a real annoyance plus a loss of motivation due to feelings of failure).

This message was edited Jul 23, 2009.
thpope

Posted Jul 21, 2009 in: How do the new push notifications work?
  • thpope
  • Posted: Jul 21, 2009
I can't replicate the problem of iPhone being removed from notifications. I've been getting emails normally and they've seemed consistent. The push notifications are also happening mostly. If I set up tasks with reminders close together, then I don't always get the push notification for some.

I do have flaky things happening with os 3.0 that I hope apple fixes with 3.1.
thpope

Score: -1
  • thpope
  • Posted: Jul 21, 2009
  • Score: -1
Posted by aleelee:
I would also like to have an instant message reminder. Windows Live Messenger please! :-)

AIM.

Something interesting: Reqall has a neat integration with AIM. You can add tasks to reqall by sending them an instant message and they can send you feedback like reminders. It even asks you if it is done, if not, it will send a reminder later. This is very cool, and since AIM is using push, even their free version, then the interaction is very cool. Please take a look at this and consider adding something similar to Toodledo. Thanks.
thpope

Posted Jul 16, 2009 in: Controlling Toodledo with the Keyboard
  • thpope
  • Posted: Jul 16, 2009
Posted by walesi:
Or you can just type 'sub[enter] :)
That's very cool. Thanks. My guess is this only works in Firefox.
thpope

Posted Jul 15, 2009 in: Non-repeating tasks with Optionally On
  • thpope
  • Posted: Jul 15, 2009
I agree, I posted this request awhile ago:
Posted Apr 23, 2009:
? only works when repeating is set. Although it doesn't always work for me lately (it isn't consistently moving the date forward).

Feature request for Toodledo: Can you make it so that if I use the ? prefix on the due date and do not have repeating set, that you simply change the date to the next day? I would also like to choose to move to next day or next work day. I suppose that would need to be a setting in the Account Settings.

I think it is a bad idea to automatically delete a task. I would be happy if Toodledo simply removed the due date.
thpope

• thpope
  • Posted: Jul 13, 2009
I'm getting it exactly 19 minutes ahead also. Maybe the notification is happening faster and more consistent than thought?
thpope

Posted Jul 13, 2009 in: Change the name "Toodledo"
  • thpope
I was looking back at web archives and think Toodledo.com was a search engine when it started, I think back in 2001, and in 2006 (?) they started the current todo website.
thpope

Posted Jul 13, 2009 in: Geo Information
  • thpope
That wouldn't surprise me if they did, it seems apple gives google special treatment.

However, after using this for awhile, I'm not thinking the geo updating is happening unless I have AIM open.
thpope

Posted Jul 09, 2009 in: Geo Information
  • thpope
  • Posted: Jul 09, 2009
Posted by Anders:
Posted by michi.maurer:
Feature Suggestion: In some situation it would be very helpful to have geo information in the task context. This could be used in various cases. As example when I'm on the way with the iphone und come near the location of the task I get a reminder (like things to shop -> shopping center).

Overall, a good idea, though it would not be useful for iPod folks like me :(
However, there would be a problem with the part I quoted. Apple still does not allow any apps to run in the background, even with push Toodledo is not actually running in the background. So, in order to get any kind of location based reminders, the app would have to remain open all the time. One of the many flaws in the Apple scheme.
I was thinking this would very cool, but also realized that the app would have to be open all the time for it to work, or does it? The AIM app has the ability to locate you every 5 minutes or 2000 ft. So how does it do it? My guess is there must be a way for AOL to ping your phone for your location. I haven't tested this extensively to know for sure, but it sounds intriguing to me.
thpope

Posted Jun 05, 2009 in: removing popups
  • thpope
  • Posted: Jun 05, 2009
The latest fad seems to be no-click UI (or much reduced clicks). I didn't like it at all at first, and now it doesn't seem bad. In fact, it seem annoying to have to click when I'm used to not clicking.

So, I don't know. I'm not against your suggestion, but it seems no-click popups are what they are going for.

My vote would be to fix the bugginess and let the popups stand as is for a few weeks or even a few months.
thpope

Posted Jun 05, 2009 in: removing popups
  • thpope
I can understand that popups can be annoying, however, these are working for me.
thpope

Posted Jun 05, 2009 in: Folders on multiple lines
  • thpope
I would prefer to have the tabs listed vertically on the left side rather than horizontally along the top.

This would be for anything using tabs, not just folders.
thpope

Posted Jun 04, 2009 in: Two big updates and 6 little ones
  • thpope
  • Posted: Jun 04, 2009
I couldn't replicate this with firefox.
thpope

Posted Jun 04, 2009 in: Who are you?
Score: -1
  • thpope
  • Posted: Jun 04, 2009
  • Score: -1
Thomas Pope
Iowa
Mechanical Designer for Circuit Breakers (Paying Job) and Financial Officer and webmaster for http://www.tbciowa.org (non-paying job)
search for thpope on google (and it will suggest "the pope", but no Anders I am not "the pope")
I'm also on Facebook.
thpope

• thpope
  • Posted: Jun 03, 2009
home AND (phone OR computer)

Wouldn't that give you what you want?
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5      Next