ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by thpope"
thpope

Posted Jun 03, 2009 in: Design
Score: 1
  • thpope
  • Posted: Jun 03, 2009
  • Score: 1
Drag and drop. That's all I have to say. ;)

Well, I'm also thinking it would better to have vertical tabs rather than horizontal ones. OK, now I am done.
thpope

Posted Jun 03, 2009 in: Add a task using email
Score: 0
  • thpope
  • Score: 0
Can you feel that excitement from Anders?
thpope

• thpope
Posted by Anders:
I don't see why you couldn't use tags for this. It would certainly be better if the tag interface was improved, and you could easily select, and filter them. Still, using advanced search, you could get any group of them you want it seems to me. Maybe I am missing something.

~Anders
Yes. That's what I was going to say. When I was using PI on Windows Mobile, I used categories (same as tags) very methodically. The first one was the area or I guess it could be called a context, eg "business" or "personal". The second was the type of event, like "appointment" or "task" or "contact", the third was like a more specific context or project.

PI for winmo is very impressive with it's use of categories. (I should say was, because I haven't used it for years.)

Tags, I believe are the answer to customizing things however one wants, without infringing on the processes of others. However, TD is going to have to really improve the Tags feature set before this can be fully realized.
thpope

• thpope
Good points. Here's another idea, add a tiny completion bar to all parent tasks (This is how TreNotes does it, google it for more info). The bar fills up based on how many sub-tasks you've completed. I really liked this.

The check box still can be there and can be marked complete or not.

Posted by TheGriff:
I tend not to like software making the decision for me. I wouldn't want to have parent's checked off automatically.

I love it when software makes the right decision for me. ;)

This message was edited Jun 03, 2009.
thpope

Posted Jun 02, 2009 in: Sort by Importance quickly?
  • thpope
  • Posted: Jun 02, 2009
You can sort by clicking the headings when using one line mode. Uh, except for importance. There is no heading for that. So, I think you're right about the steps.

The ability to have custom sorts available with one click would be nice.
thpope

• thpope
  • Posted: Jun 02, 2009
Posted by Toodledo:
Another reason why these forums need private message capabilities.

Yes. Get a room. ;)
thpope

Posted Jun 01, 2009 in: Slim version - Add Task missing
  • thpope
  • Posted: Jun 01, 2009
I don't remember. I actually think it was "download". I removed that filter. Sorry, should have captured it. Maybe someone else can still.
thpope

Posted Jun 01, 2009 in: TEMPLATES/COPYPASTE
  • thpope
Sounds like a big update might be coming.

Now I'm getting anxious... :)

Great, one more thing to wonder about when I get up in the morning. Is the new iPhone out? Is the new Toodledo update out? Is the Google Wave out?
thpope

Posted Jun 01, 2009 in: Integration with Google Wave
  • thpope
I watched some of that presentation and this wave thing could crush the likes of facebook and myspace and twitter.

But I would probably be cautious also in spending too much time integrating with it. It could crash and burn and you would lose all of that time. Even the mighty Google fails at some things. It's probably going to have API changes and then you'll be spending time re-doing your programming.

It does look cool.
thpope

Score: -1
  • thpope
  • Score: -1
Best post ever. Thanks Claudio for asking this. Very revealing.

Re: 7) - I would suggest you consider adding forum moderators and avoid the forums and use support tickets almost exclusively for support. I understand that it's probably important to you to have a presence here.

These forums have picked up a lot of traffic. Many times, questions are being addressed by other users (OK, mostly Anders, but I see quite a few others).

Occasionally, drop by to let people know you are still there.

Also, make it a higher priority to hire support people.

That's just my suggestion.
thpope

Posted May 29, 2009 in: Slim version - Add Task missing
  • thpope
  • Posted: May 29, 2009
It was Ad Block Plus add-on for me. There was a filter in there blocking it.
thpope

• thpope
Anders will answer you shortly. ;)

I don't think it's possible. I think the sorting sticks based on the main area you're in, Main, Folders, Context, etc. I haven't checked this however. Like I said, Anders will be answering you shortly. Then someone named Toodledo might say "What Anders said".
thpope

Posted May 29, 2009 in: Slim version - Add Task missing
  • thpope
How do I get the screen shot here? Here's the link:
http://screencast.com/t/x5IItIQtx

This message was edited May 29, 2009.
thpope

• thpope
  • Posted: May 28, 2009
Just thinking about this. Does it make sense to remove the ability for the user to check off a parent task? IOW, Toodledo would check it off automatically if all sub-tasks are completed. The parent task check box would be grayed out but still visible.

I like this, but maybe someone has a reason to leave the parent task uncompleted even when all sub-tasks are complete. There could be an option for this, but I honestly would prefer not. I get "option fatigue" if you know what I mean.
thpope

Posted May 28, 2009 in: Slim version - Add Task missing
  • thpope
I see it on my iPhone, but not in Firefox 3.0.10 browser on the desktop (Windows XP).
thpope

Posted May 28, 2009 in: Context groups (iPhone)
  • thpope
I would call this hierarchical tagging and so wish gmail had this.

The idea of tagging is great, and appreciate Google and some others for popularizing it. However, every implementation I come across is missing parent-child relationship links.
thpope

Posted May 27, 2009 in: Calendar Badges
  • thpope
  • Posted: May 27, 2009
A reward of sorts disguised as a metric?

Yes, I agree. I need all the motivation I can get and a virtual pat on the back sounds great.
thpope

Posted May 23, 2009 in: Quick and Dirty Screencast
  • thpope
  • Posted: May 23, 2009
That's very cool Vin. Thanks.
thpope

Score: -1
  • thpope
  • Posted: May 14, 2009
  • Score: -1
Very cool. I feel a little sea sick, but very cool.
thpope

Posted May 14, 2009 in: Keyboard Shortcuts
  • thpope
  • Posted: May 14, 2009
I would love to have a keyboard shortcut to show keyboard shortcuts. i.e. I hit a key, such as /, and a get a pop-up or similar thing showing me all the other shortcuts.

I just forget what does what.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5      Next