ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by dannyw0011"
dannyw0011

Posted Oct 01, 2013 in: Undelete Tasks
Score: 0
Thanks for this feature. It is one of those basic features that had been missing. I hope this is a start of things to come!
dannyw0011

Posted Nov 29, 2012 in: Samsung Galaxy Note II
Anyone on here using the Samsung Galaxy Note II? If so, what has been your experience with it?

I'm with Verizon and today was the first day it was in stores, but I know it has been out earlier with other carriers. It's a huge phone and I've been waiting to see if it was too big, but find I can use it no problem. A phone/tablet hybrid with the included stylus is unique, and I find it amazing to use. But that's based only on 20 minutes or so of trying it out in the store. Anyone with more experience, please let me know your thoughts.

This message was edited Nov 29, 2012.
dannyw0011

Posted Nov 20, 2012 in: Repeat / rollover alarms
Mark, it won't solve your problem since you have an iphone, but for those who have an Android phone and use Ultimate To-Do List, UTDL has a nagging reminder feature that does exactly what you're looking for.
dannyw0011

Posted Nov 03, 2012 in: Repeat until a specific date
This is still not available as far as I know.

As time goes on, it has turned into a rare occurrence that you will see a core functionality change made to Toodledo. Reading Toodledo's comments in these forums, it is normally an extreme reluctance to discuss changes other than to acknowledge that the change request has been received.

While the reasons for reluctance to change may be many, I suspect it is because Toodledo is so robust a system that one such change may have a ripple effect throughout their system and the chance of errors may increase. And any changes made affects other vendors' products which sync with Toodledo.

While I am sure Toodledo keeps a tally of requests (I know I would if I were selling such a product), they decline to discuss what their top priorities are. I am sure this is because they don't want to make promises they can't deliver in a timely manner and also because they might not want their competition to know their plans. This cuts both ways in that customers wanting certain features have no idea if or when their requests might happen (or even how popular their request might be), and for core feature requests, Toodledo's competition are probably already working on the same feature implementations themselves if they don't already feature it. Core functionality is by defintion core.

That being said, I enjoy working in Toodledo. I find it the most feature rich task manager for my needs. Using it and Ultimate To Do List on my phone provides a nearly seamless sync for all of my tasks. I simply work around any shortcomings I find. And speaking of Ultimate To Do List, Ultimate has more of an open policy on feature requests, and their users know where feature requests rank, something that I think Toodledo's community as a whole would find enjoyable.

This message was edited Nov 03, 2012.
dannyw0011

Posted Oct 30, 2012 in: Notes Opening As Default
On the toolbar above the displayed tasks and to the right of the sort options, there is an icon to show/hide details. This is what you're looking for.
dannyw0011

Posted Sep 22, 2012 in: Mass editing
Go to the help section and search for multi-edit, and see if this is what you have been searching for.
dannyw0011

Posted Aug 09, 2012 in: Leaving Toodledo. Need suggestion
And try Ultimate To-Do List. It's Android based and it syncs great with Toodledo.
dannyw0011

Posted Jun 08, 2012 in: Notebook Default View
Thanks for the update.

And yes, I know it's pointless to guess which feature is tough for you to implement, but my bet (or hope) for improved usability is either:

1) Saved sorts unique to each view's individual tabs

2) Rich Text Format for notes
dannyw0011

Score: 1
Posted by Toodledo:
This is something that is on our to-do list, but the main purpose of this idea is to save 2-6 mouse clicks. While this is certainly important, it is not what we would call a critical feature, so we have been focusing more on things that cannot be done at all, like mobile access and sharing. We will get to it eventually.

If this request only involved saving 2-6 mouse clicks I would agree with you; however, the more important issue for me is trying to remember my sorting criteria which can vary across each view's individual tabs. I find myself having to stop and think through the program itself instead of concentrating on the task at hand. As I stated above, it's counterintuitive.

I'm not sure if this would be complicated to implement or not, but I find the saving of sort criteria only slightly less important as saving the search criteria itself.
dannyw0011

For someone who lives in saved searches, the lack of saved sorts unique to each view's individual tabs proves to be my biggest frustration with Toodledo on a day-to-day basis. Trying to remember and then reset sort patterns per tab is counterintuitive. I truly hope this is high up on Toodledo's to-do list.

That said, I find Toodledo to be far more capable than other similar services for my needs. It is a plus to even have the option of three sort levels. Now, if it could only be tweaked a little....
dannyw0011

Posted Apr 29, 2012 in: Saved Sorts
Regretfully, saved sorts are common across an entire view. You cannot have saved sorts unique to a view's individual tabs.

It's a common request, so Toodledo will probably respond that it is on their to-do list, but it is their policy to not comment on their roadmap or delivery dates for future feature improvements.

Verbatim?
dannyw0011

Posted Apr 20, 2012 in: Duplicate tasks
Try Ultimate To Do List. I use it, and it syncs perfectly with Toodledo. Compare it's features with other apps, and I think you'll see it probably more closely mirrors Toodledo's features, IMHO.

This message was edited Apr 20, 2012.
dannyw0011

Score: -1
As a recent Pro Plus subscriber, I want to say thanks!
dannyw0011

Score: -1
It's unusual to see someone mention MyLifeOrganized in these forums. Most only mention more recent programs. However, I have monitored MyLifeOrganized for many years. In fact, it was one of the first programs I considered many years ago. I am trying out their Android program now.

MLO takes a different approach to task management than does Toodledo, an approach that appears to offer benefits in some ways. Their tree-based system apparently allows for more hierarchal tasks, the multi-level sub-tasks that many Toodledo users want so badly, myself included. However, maybe I've just been using Toodledo too long, but the tree-based system just appears a little more difficult to follow than Toodledo's approach.

One area that Toodledo really shines above MLO, at least compared to MLO's Android program, is the vast amount of search options. It is in saved searches that I find myself 95% of the time when I am in Toodledo. You can tailor your view pretty much anyway you want it instead of just a canned view.

I am continuing to monitor MLO, though. I still find it intriguing, and with their new cloud sync options, it is looking better all the time. As you noted in your linked review, it does appear that MLO has revved up it's development. But for now, Toodledo seems to work better for me.
dannyw0011

Posted Apr 07, 2012 in: Hello i am new here
Welcome to Toodledo. You will find these forums and the help sections a valuable asset to arrive at your ideal Toodledo setup. Most people here are very helpful and supportive.
dannyw0011

Posted Apr 06, 2012 in: Upgrade From Pro to Pro Plus
My Pro account subscription expires in a couple of weeks. I want to upgrade to a Pro Plus account. Is there a way to do this and extend the subscription another year with one purchase? Unless I am overlooking something, it appears I will have to upgrade in one purchase and then extend the subscription in another purchase.
dannyw0011

Posted Mar 09, 2012 in: Toodledo for Work and Home
If you truly want to totally separate work from personal tasks, you can set up two separate Toodledo accounts; however, you would probably find it helpful at times have a list of combinations of both types of tasks. I know I do.

I personally use the Location field to filter out tasks as either work or personal related
dannyw0011

Posted Mar 05, 2012 in: Update to tags + Notebook timestamps
Much appreciated for the tag sort
dannyw0011

Posted by Salgud:
Did it occur to you to do a forum search for "Omnifocus?

Apparently not, or he would have. Or perhaps he's wanting a fresh opinion. Or perhaps he thought he might get a helpful comment. It's his first post.

Welcome to the forum, randywheeler!
dannyw0011

Posted Jan 27, 2012 in: End Date for Repeating Tasks
It's been a problem for me, too. While not elegant, what I do for repeating tasks with an end date is to list the end date at the end of the subject line so that I can at least keep up with when the task is no longer relevant and can be deleted.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6      Next