Search results for "Posted by andrew"
andrew

Posted Jul 19, 2011 in: App blocked by user
Score: 0
  • andrew
  • Posted: Jul 19, 2011
  • Score: 0
Hi,

One of my TaskAngel customers is receiving the error message "400 : Your app has been blocked by the user." when trying to sync.

You mention this error code in your API 2.0 documentation. Can you explain the circumstances that can give this error please?

Thanks,
Andrew
andrew

• andrew
  • Posted: Feb 18, 2011
OK I'll try that, thanks.
andrew

Posted Feb 17, 2011 in: Did Lookup Account API Change?
  • andrew
  • Posted: Feb 17, 2011
Hi,

TaskAngel now has the change to account/lookup.php in the released build. Thank you very much for giving us time to implement and test this.

Regards,
Andrew
andrew

• andrew
  • Posted: Feb 17, 2011
Hi,

In TaskAngel we sync tasks using your recommended sequence - adds, then deletes, then edits. But this has started giving 'invalid parent id' errors, in the following scenario:

1. Starting position: task B is a subtask of task A
2. Ungroup task B so it is no longer a subtask
3. Add task C as a subtask to task B
4. Sync, gives the error

The error happens because the add is trying to make task C as a subtask of B before B has been ungrouped from task A, because that is done by an edit, which is a later sync step.

We haven't had this error reported before. Perhaps you are doing more checks in the API now. Do you have a preferred method for resolving this scenario? Currently my best thought is to collect failed adds and retry them after all the edits have been done.

Thanks,
Andrew
andrew

Posted Feb 09, 2011 in: Did Lookup Account API Change?
  • andrew
  • Posted: Feb 09, 2011
Perhaps I'm stupid too but I coded to your documentation and I don't have the AppID and signature in there either. I just have lots of deeply unhappy customers.

It would be great if you could notify us in advance of making any further changes to the API.

Thanks,
Andrew
andrew

Posted Feb 05, 2011 in: Repeat "None" repeats
  • andrew
  • Posted: Feb 05, 2011
In API2.0, if we set repeat="None" while sending an edited a task, Toodledo accepts it and the web GUI displays it as "None". But then if we complete the task using the web GUI, it repeats.
To set a task to be non-repeating, we have to set repeat="".
Regards,
Andrew
andrew

Posted Jan 28, 2011 in: Parent task with 0 subtasks
  • andrew
  • Posted: Jan 28, 2011
Hi,

OK I found it has an old completed subtask still attached to it in Toodledo. So it is still a parent after all. No bug on your side.

Thanks for your fast response.

Regards,
Andrew
andrew

Posted Jan 28, 2011 in: Parent task with 0 subtasks
  • andrew
  • Posted: Jan 28, 2011
Hi, Using TaskAngel I created a task with some subtasks. Then I removed the subtasks. Now on Toodledo I have a task with a parent icon and no subtasks. If I hover over it, the text is "Click icon to hide 0 subtasks". I did set the children parameter to zero in Edit Task.
This matters because I can't move the task to be a subtask in another group. When doing it from TaskAngel I get an error message saying the Parent ID is invalid. When doing it from the browser I get the 'can't drag' icon.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Andrew
andrew

Posted Dec 23, 2010 in: Best Practice for New Item Ids
  • andrew
  • Posted: Dec 23, 2010
Great, thanks!
andrew

Posted Dec 22, 2010 in: Best Practice for New Item Ids
  • andrew
  • Posted: Dec 22, 2010
Hi,

I have been relying on the fact that the new id's come back in the same order as the new tasks were uploaded. Is that a safe assumption?

Thanks,
Andrew
andrew

Posted Dec 22, 2010 in: TaskAngel now uses API 2.0
  • andrew
  • Posted: Dec 22, 2010
Hi,

Thanks for your new API. It's a huge step forward. It is now implemented in TaskAngel release 1.7.

Our customers should see a dramatic improvement in speed.

Also thank you for your excellent support in answering questions about the new API.

Regards,
Andrew
andrew

• andrew
  • Posted: Dec 18, 2010
Hi,

The new batch commands are great, but they give us some debugging challenges. If there's an encoding error anywhere in any of the tasks, we just get an error message like 'no id' or 'no title', without any clue to what task caused the error.

I just got through a tricky error caused by my encoding of the " character in notes. Previously we had to encode it as %22, but now this doesn't work. We have to use backslash doublequote.

Essentially we have to follow the JSON encodings for everything. These are documented here: http://json.org/

Regards,
Andrew

This message was edited Dec 18, 2010.
andrew

Posted Dec 18, 2010 in: Local vs GMT time stamps in API2.0
  • andrew
  • Posted: Dec 18, 2010
Hi,

Yes this is a floating timestamp, not a GMT timestamp. I guess that's what you meant, but it's confusing for a developer (me, anyway!). Because I have to convert other times between local time and GMT time, but I don't have to do that with due times. So it would be clearer if the documentation didn't say GMT.

Anyway Toodledo does exactly what we want it to do, so thanks for the clarification.
andrew

Posted Dec 11, 2010 in: Local vs GMT time stamps in API2.0
  • andrew
  • Posted: Dec 11, 2010
Hi,

Although many of the timestamps in API2.0 are GMT Unix timestamps, some of them seem to be local times. These are start date / time, due date / time, and completed date. This is good, but it's not what it says in the documentation.

Regards,
Andrew
andrew

• andrew
  • Posted: Dec 06, 2010
Hi,

With API 1.0 you could use the cr or lf characters directly. Now with API 2.0 you have to encode it as backslash r or backslash n. It would be helpful if the API documentation could make this clear. It's consistent with JSON encoding , but some of us don't know the rules for that.

Thanks,
Andrew
andrew

• andrew
OK I figured it out.

You have to replace carriage return by backslash r and newline by backslash n.

If you're coding in c sharp, that means replacing the characters ' backslash r' and 'backslash n' with the strings "backslash backslash r" and "backslash backslash n"

(Sorry to spell out backslash but I mean the character.)

Regards,
Andrew

This message was edited Dec 06, 2010.
andrew

• andrew
Hi,

I'm also seeing the same issue. If I try to add a task with a note that contains more than line, I get Error 5: No Title

Thanks,
Andrew
andrew

Posted Sep 20, 2010 in: Reminders persist for completed tasks
  • andrew
  • Posted: Sep 20, 2010
Hi,

I've received the following problem report from a TaskAngel customer:

"If I create a task with a reminder, then mark the task as complete in TaskAngel prior to the reminder time, I still receive my Toodledo SMS reminder, even though I've synced TaskAngel with Toodledo after marking the task as complete. I've been able to recreate this behavior whether the initial task is created in Toodledo or TaskAngel."

Is this a Toodledo problem, or are you expecting applications to unset any reminders when changing tasks to complete?

Thanks,
Andrew
andrew

• andrew
  • Posted: Aug 18, 2010
Hi,

Just to let you know, we have now switched to a different web hosting service. I hope you will find this to be more reliable.

Please let me know if you have any more problems with our web site.

Regards,
Andrew
MyPocketSoft
http://www.taskangel.com
andrew

Score: 1
  • andrew
  • Posted: Aug 09, 2010
  • Score: 1
Hi Mike,

Thanks for your feedback. The Attachments feature is near the top of our future enhancements list. I've added your vote to it. You can see the list at http://www.mypocketsoft.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=87

Best wishes,
Andrew
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6      Next