ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Geoff Peters"
Geoff Peters

Score: 3
Hi there,
I really miss the ability in Google Tasks to be able to select a task and hit CTRL-downarrow to move the task to the next day. (or CTRL-uparrow to move the task to the previous day)

Is there any way I can do this with a keyboard shortcut in Toodledo?

Thanks,
Geoff
Geoff Peters

Score: 0
Hi Jake, it doesn't seem to be working for me. Was the quickadd.php script updated to parse the note URL parameter, and populate the Notes field from that parameter? Also I get the error below the popup: "Oops. It looks like your web browser is not loading our website correctly.

If this message does not go away, please try refreshing the page.

If that doesn't work, please create a support ticket."

I tried it in the latest Google Chrome on a pc.

Thanks Jake, looks promising :)
Geoff

This message was edited Aug 29, 2015.
Geoff Peters

btw, I really like the updates you've been making to the Task screen, the new visual design looks great.
Geoff Peters

Hi Jake, yes that would work well. That way, there would be no need to show "please wait".

It might be nice, in addition to populating the top.document.location.href, to also add the title of the document into the notes field, which I found in Gmail usually contains the email subject.

For example:

javascript:(function () {
var n = encodeURIComponent(top.document.location.href + "\n\n" + top.document.getElementsByTagName("title")[0].innerHTML.trim());
var w = window.open("https://www.toodledo.com/tasks/quickadd.php?note="+n, "_blank",
"toolbar=0,location=0,menubar=0,height=328,width=840");
})()

the "\n\n" adds a couple of line breaks into the note field, and then top.document.getElementsByTagName("title")[0].innerHTML.trim() grabs the title of the page and adds it into the note as well. This is what I do in my "bookmarklet 3" code on my page. I find that by adding the page title it saves me having to copy and paste the title of the email manually into the notes field.

Another suggestion that someone had was that once the popup opens, and the user clicks "Save", there might be a short delay to show a confirmation such as "Task Saved" and then the popup window would automatically close. Several people have asked me if I could modify my bookmarklet to automatically close the window, but this needs to be done on the toodledo side :)

Cheers,
Geoff
Geoff Peters

Awesome, thanks Jake.
Yes I was able to update the note field by using the following code:

w.postMessage("note:Please wait" + pd,"https://www.toodledo.com");

for a few seconds, adding a period each time the function is executed,

and then after 6 times the function is called, I actually post the message into the note field:

w.postMessage("note:" +
encodeURIComponent(top.document.location.href + "\n\n" + top.document.getElementsByTagName("title")[0].innerHTML.trim()),
"https://www.toodledo.com");

The reason I do the Please wait, is because there is no way to be notified when the Toodledo window actually is ready for input (due to browser security, you can postMessage to the window, but can't read anything from it inside the bookmarklet).

- Geoff
Geoff Peters

Dear Toodledo,
A few months ago, the Toodledo bookmarklet browser plugin stopped working in Gmail. So being a software developer by profession, I created my own bookmarklet for Toodledo that works in Gmail, and made it available for free (open source). http://geoffmobile.com/blog/contact/new-toodledo-bookmarklet

Having never received any official response from Toodledo about my bookmarklet, I wanted to confirm that I can still use it, even after the new redesign of Toodledo? Or if not, can my code (which I provide on my website above) be incorporated into the official Toodledo bookmarklet?

Please feel free to contact me at [email protected] if you would like to reach me directly.

Thanks,
Geoff Peters
http://www.linkedin.com/in/gpeters
Geoff Peters

Posted Aug 13, 2015 in: Redesign progress: Navigation bar
I'm really enjoying the new fonts and design in the Task view screen. Much easier to work there now.
keep up the good work Toodledo team!!

Cheers,
Geoff
Geoff Peters

DGT GTD has a pretty good handling of subtasks on Android. But I don't think it will do what you need with next actions as a subtask.
Geoff Peters

Score: 1
The new logo looks nicer than the old one, but I got so used to the old look that with the new logo my task list doesn't "feel" the same anymore. I am certain that after a few weeks with the new logo I will be fine again, but right now my task list doesn't seem like mine anymore or something. I guess it's psychology at work ....

Cheers,
Geoff
Geoff Peters

Posted Jul 10, 2015 in: home chores
I have two projects, one for weekly home cleaning and another for periodic home cleaning. The stuff I need to do every week (vacuuming, laundry, cleaning bathroom) go into the weekly project, and the less frequent stuff (clean office, clean fridge, clean storage locker, clean stainless steel appliances) goes into the other project. I use Google Keep to share lists with my partner, he doesn't use Toodledo.
Geoff Peters

Posted Apr 01, 2015 in: Progress Report - March 2015
thank you for the update!

One thing I would like to request, in the Android app would there be a way to preserve the scroll location, so that it doesn't have to scroll always back to the top when an item is edited? It's very annoying to have to keep scrolling down to where I was, when going through my task list.
Geoff Peters

Posted Feb 21, 2015 in: Performance on PC Web interface
I have been using TaskUnifier for this purpose, as an entirely offline task management app.
The developer has stopped supporting it, but as it is open source, I think I may contribute by fixing some bugs in it at some point. However I don't think I will keep maintaining its toodledo integration, as I am not allowed to put my work tasks into the cloud.
Geoff Peters

Nice good to hear :) I am using it a lot myself too.
Cheers,
Geoff
Geoff Peters

Hi M, if you are having trouble using my bookmarklet, please note that I fixed the issue with the notes field not being populated, please just revisit my website, refresh the page and add it to your browser again - it should be working now.
Cheers,
Geoff
Geoff Peters

Posted Jan 19, 2015 in: Bookmarklet no longer works with Gmail
thank you Manuel for the feedback, that's great that it's working for you.

Best,
Geoff
Geoff Peters

thanks for the feedback, glad it is working for you!!
Geoff Peters

Hey, for everyone who was having trouble, I updated the bookmarklet so it should fix the problem. Try deleting the bookmarklet and adding it again from my site. Please let me know.

btw... I am using Chrome Version 39.0.2171.99 m

This message was edited Jan 18, 2015.
Geoff Peters

Posted Jan 13, 2015 in: Bookmarklet no longer works with Gmail
great to hear!
Geoff Peters

awesome, good to hear! :) Thanks Martin!
Geoff Peters

Posted Jan 13, 2015 in: Bookmarklet won't work with Gmail??
thanks Martin :)
Skip to Page:  1   2      Next