ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by curtisc_1337545806"
curtisc_1337545806

Posted Jul 27, 2018 in: Toodledo Update #1
Score: 9
Posted by SyneRyder:
….I'm still a bit surprised that GTD isn't more prominent. GTD was what introduced me to Toodledo (even though I don't actually use all the GTD features) and I think it had the ability to import from my previous To-Do software. Maybe the world has moved on and sees GTD as old & tired now, not the brand new book that just came out when I was 21!!

I'm 71, so wasn't 21 when the first edition came out, <smile> but GTD is alive and well, and there's a recent (and significantly revised) edition of the book. I agree that GTD might be a marketing plus, but in my response to the earlier surveys I indicated that I felt there were a couple of significant functional gaps that negatively impacted use of Toodledo both for GTD and in more generic ways -- inability to reflect / automatically process dependencies and lack of a true "Projects" container capable of holding tasks with and without subtasks (i.e., without losing "Folders"). I don't consider either of those as violating Toodledo's core approach or design, but I also wouldn't consider those "minor". I am certainly a fan of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it", but I think that the product does need additional functionality beyond "look and feel".
curtisc_1337545806

Posted Jul 30, 2016 in: Whats about change Completion Date ?
Score: 0
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE add the ability to explicitly set (i.e., modify == correct) task completion date!!! I have a paid subscription, and not having this capability is really painful.
curtisc_1337545806

Posted Sep 14, 2015 in: Search and Replace -- feature needed
A "Find and Replace" feature would be REALLY helpful in selected use cases.
E.g., I set up a task with lots of subtasks containing a specific phrase ("sprinkler system"), and now I need to do something similar, and I'd like to clone the first task and change "sprinkler system" to "solar energy". I can clone the task with subtasks, but it's really tedious to have to go through each subtask and highlight and replace text.

Any prospects?
curtisc_1337545806

Thanks. Might want to update the help / description of the feature, which is what confused me.
curtisc_1337545806

I have a Silver subscription, and using the web interface am trying to set a due date modifier to ">2015-02-23" as described in Help content and several posts. However, when I enter the string (without quotes), the dialog closes and the due date is left as "No date". The "=" modifier works, but not ">". Thanks.
curtisc_1337545806

Posted Jul 07, 2012 in: Toodledo Mindmap GTD opml iMindmap
Aamy - Is your XSL available?
Liz - Did you ever try the Freemind tools?

Clayton
curtisc_1337545806

Score: 1
Posted by wksims86:
...I'm now 100% sure I've lost everyone and will let this thread die a quiet death. :)...

If you have time in your world, I'd encourage you not to let this die. (Or at least let us know about a blog / e-book as noted earlier!) Some of us are tech-oriented, others have AADD (Adult Attention Deficit Disorder), and many for one reason or another NEED some more structure and context awareness / support. Different strokes for different folks or vive la difference....
curtisc_1337545806

I really love the idea of being able to highlight text and create a task! However, as far as I can tell, the Firefox add-on automatically plugs the text into the 'note' field instead of the 'task' field. Is there some way to change that? Thanks in advance!!