ForumsQuestionsWhats about change Completion Date ?

Whats about change Completion Date ?
amonraba.tasks

Posted: Feb 10, 2015
Score: 1 Reference
Hello, i'm a developer and user of Toodledo. Many times others users reclaim the possibilty of change Competion Date, on web and on App.. why not implemented yet?. There is a problem doing it?.

I love many of features of Toodledo, as the sum of lenght of diferent task... by completion date... I need modify completion date fast.

I can modify completion date via Outlook/gSyncIt... but this is no fast... and no mobile, i need a PC...

Many thanks.
Albert
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 10, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
This is not currently possible on our website or in our app, but it is on our todo list.
philip

Posted: May 08, 2015
It might lead me to come back to Toodledo as well.
fiona.c

Posted: Jul 01, 2015
Score: 3 Reference
This is a really BASIC need as I FREQUENTLY complete tasks but dont get to tick them as completed that day, so can only do it the next day.
This messes up my reporting what I've done each day and as is pointed out.

WORSE - it messes up the 'repeat from completed' dates which is REALLY frustrating.

PLEASE escalate it up the priority level on your toodledo list.
Thanks.
Sabina A.

Posted: Jul 02, 2015
Score: -3 Reference
Thanks for the suggestion. For now, a good work around would be to create a daily repeating task, with a reminder towards the end of the day, that reminds you to check off all completed tasks for that day.

https://www.toodledo.com/forums/3/18762/0/toodledo-toosday-check-off-tasks-reminder.html
dm_1384401984

Posted: Jul 21, 2015
Score: 2 Reference
Just to add another voice to the thread re the requirement - I have been using Toodledo (paid subscription) and find it meets most of my requirements quite well but the inability to change completion date is becoming a major irritant. Inaccurate completion dates limit the applications use as a journaling mechanism which significantly limits its benefit for me as any lapse on my part results in inaccurate data that can't be corrected. A basic ability to correct completion dates would make the application much more useful.
fiona.c

Posted: Sep 13, 2015
I absolutely agree on this as VITAL.

And the 'workaround' of a daily task is useless (sorry) as I NEED this feature for time sensitive tasks that repeat at longer intervals like approximately 24days.

I need to know when the 24th day is approaching... so I'm ready for the task when it lands on my desk. AND I need to track the variance from 24 days so if I dont check it off the day it is done, then my reporting is all out for the year. It is most frustrating.
alexandrephili+tdl

Posted: Mar 07, 2016
Please Jake, make it happen.

First request on : 04/12/2008
http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/996/-4565/can-complete-date-be-changed.html

Countless threads requesting the functionality since then.

And loads of bad press for nothing (and I will have to join the movement; despite enjoying toodledo, since I must explain this to my clients for which I make Toodledo tutorials).

I am a programmer and this can't be complicated compared to accessory features you have implemented such as habits, lists, etc.

And, most of all, this is a core basic functionality.

Can't believe there's a good will on it from Toodledo decision board at this point.
alexandremrj_2

Hello,

For me, I don't think the completion date should be changed, at least not without any way of seeing the original completion date.

For companies using Toodledo, the ability to be able to have traceability about what was completed and when is completely lost if the completion date is changed.

If this option is implemented, then I should be able to have a log of what was the original date and when it was changed, and this will add a lot of complexity to the system.

Can you guys give examples of task managers that supply this change of date? I don't know that many (if any) that support this.

All the best

Alex
Adrien Beau

Posted by alexandremrj_123:
For companies using Toodledo, the ability to be able to have traceability about what was completed and when is completely lost if the completion date is changed.

Such companies should be aware that the so-called "completion" date is not the date at which the task was completed, but the date at which the check box was ticked (which, in my case, is often the following day, or the following week in case I skip a recurring task).

I too would appreciate the ability to alter the completion date.
telliott77

Posted: May 04, 2016
I do not see a "Completed Date" field when I search for completed tasks or on the list of available fields. Where is that? I have a Silver Subscription, do I need a different subscription for that feature? I dont see that listed as a feature on other subscriptions.

thanks
Sabina A.

Posted: May 04, 2016
Posted by telliott77:
I do not see a "Completed Date" field when I search for completed tasks or on the list of available fields. Where is that? I have a Silver Subscription, do I need a different subscription for that feature? I dont see that listed as a feature on other subscriptions.

thanks

Hello,

If you choose "Date Completed" as one of your three sort options, the "Date Completed" column will appear.

Hope that helps!
philip

Posted: Jun 22, 2016
I'm another one who left Toodledo but might return it changing the Completed Date was implemented.

Every six months or so, I check to see if there's been any movement on this. I'll check back in another six months.

This message was edited Jun 22, 2016.
curtisc_1337545806

Posted: Jul 30, 2016
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE add the ability to explicitly set (i.e., modify == correct) task completion date!!! I have a paid subscription, and not having this capability is really painful.
simmie

Posted: Sep 12, 2016
In searching the TD forums for information on how to adjust the Date Completed field, I discovered to my dismay that it could not be done. I discovered this in posts going as far back as 2011. It is now September 12, 2016. Really, Toodledo? How hard can this be? How low a priority is it? I imagine there are many out there who need this functionality but have for whatever reason declined to post their opinions on the matter. You have a wonderful, useful product here. But please, I repeat - How hard can it be to make the Date Completed field editable? Thank you.
Denis Hathaway

Posted: Sep 28, 2016
Another voice in favour. I just read the thread from 2011 that has now been closed but it was saying the same thing - Toodledo have it on their ToDo list.

Perhaps they should action this item and close it on their list. And then they'd have the ability to change the date completed if they don't get around to updating the list for a day or two.

Quite frankly it's a no-brainer and should have been done right from first release. Just think about how people use the tool. In a perfect world, we'd all go and update our lists every day but real life doesn't work that way.

I live in hope.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.