ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by roddyt"
roddyt

Posted Apr 02, 2010 in: Toodledo for iPad / iPhone
Score: 0
  • roddyt
  • Posted: Apr 02, 2010
  • Score: 0
Yay, this will be one of the first things I try when I pick up my iPad tomorrow morning.

Thanks for the timely update.
roddyt

• roddyt
  • Posted: Mar 29, 2010
I can't help with your computer organization as my primary computer is a Mac, though I will say, in case anyone else is interested, that I use a document management program called Devonthink.

Anyway, I just want to address your due date question. Going by your description, then I would say that using the due date field is appropriate in this case. By default, Toodledo treats a due date entry as "due by", which is what you're describing. There are optional modifiers you can use that change the behavior to "due on", "due after", etc. (see http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=42).

Personally, I rarely have a task that absolutely must be done by a certain date, so I've deactivated the due date field to save space on the grid. Note that I say due "by" a certain date. I don't use Toodledo at all for tasks due "on" a date (e.g., dentist appt). For these I use a calendar program.
roddyt

Posted Mar 29, 2010 in: "Completed" tasks that aren't complete
  • roddyt
  • Posted: Mar 29, 2010
Toodledo can handle this, no tricks necessary. Set the task status to Canceled. As long as your filter is set to hide deferred tasks, it won't appear in your task list.
roddyt

Posted Mar 18, 2010 in: TinyMCE editor in Notebook
  • roddyt
  • Posted: Mar 18, 2010
Though this isn't the main point of your message, I'll just point out that Appigo's iPhone app Notebook will sync the Toodledo's notes. So, technically, they are available on the iPhone, just not through Toodledo's own app.

This falls firmly in the "for what it's worth" category.
roddyt

Posted Mar 09, 2010 in: Repeating tasks with no deadlines
  • roddyt
  • Posted: Mar 09, 2010
Another idea that may work for you. A task can be set to repeat as often as daily. Set a start date (not due date, as that would signify a deadline) of today. Set to repeat daily and set repeat from completion date. When you set to complete, you'll get a new one set for "Tomorrow".

It's not "often as possible," but daily is pretty close.

Actually, I just ran a little test. I set up a task as I described. After setting to complete the first time, I set the "Tomorrow" task to complete. That was registered as a completed task, and a new "Tomorrow" task appeared. So you could get away with checking it off more than once a day. The only potential bugaboo to this is that you have to show future tasks, otherwise you wouldn't see the "Tomorrow" task until tomorrow.
roddyt

Posted Mar 09, 2010 in: Hiding future tasks
  • roddyt
  • Posted: Mar 09, 2010
In your filter settings, are you hiding future tasks? The setting should read "Show Future Tasks." If it reads "Hide Future Tasks," you'll need to toggle it.

That's the only thing I can think of.
roddyt

Posted Mar 08, 2010 in: Hiding future tasks
  • roddyt
  • Posted: Mar 08, 2010
You missed the rest of the help message at the bottom of that section:
"Tasks that use a due-date modifier will not show up on your hotlist until they are due (unless they have a high enough priority). If you use a due-date modifier and the task is more than 1 week in the future, it will also be hidden from your other lists unless you turn on the "Show Due in the Future" filter. The exception is that even if you use a due-date modifier, tasks will not be hidden when in the "Due-Date" view, or when using the "Search" view to find future tasks."

In your last sentence, I think you're referring to the Hide Future Tasks setting. If so, that setting is for the Due date, not Start date. You can use the start date to effectively hide your task. If you set the Start date to the same Friday due date, then the task will be hidden until that day. The Start date repeats along with the due date, so you're not losing out there either.
roddyt

Posted Mar 03, 2010 in: Toggling Show/Hide Details Not Working
  • roddyt
  • Posted: Mar 03, 2010
That's definitely a bug. I use the grid view, so I can't say how long it has been behaving that way, but it's so obvious that someone for sure would have reported it before now.

Maybe it's an artifact from the new filtering capability.
roddyt

Posted Mar 03, 2010 in: Tag filter
  • roddyt
Very nice. The tag filter is more useful to me than the context filter. Thanks for the update.

I'll add the same comment that I said for the context filter. It would be nice to list in alphabetical order.
roddyt

Posted Mar 03, 2010 in: Tag autocomplete + multi-context filter
  • roddyt
Thanks for the update.

A slight improvement I would recommend is to order the contexts alphabetically. It looks like they are in the order they were created now.

Actually, my real dream is to be able to manually order contexts the way folders can be. My workaround for now is to preface the context names with periods to group them the way I want. I used to use spaces, but that stopped working recently for some reason.
roddyt

Posted Feb 25, 2010 in: How can I view all of my hidden tasks
  • roddyt
  • Posted: Feb 25, 2010
It sounds like you're viewing the completed tasks by setting the filter "Show Recently Completed." I don't know what the time span for "recently" is, but a week sounds about right.

At least one way of seeing all your completed tasks is to go to the Search view and set Checked Off to Yes. You can obviously add more search parameters to further narrow the returned set.
roddyt

Posted Feb 21, 2010 in: Experimental GTD Setup
  • roddyt
  • Posted: Feb 21, 2010
Posted by c.barber78:

Are you saying these things are on the way? I have just signed up for the toodledo free account and am comparing it to rtm, if these features are on the way then i am pretty damn sure i'll be going with toodledo :)
Cheers, look forward to a reponse to this

None of us know what is coming next, and Toodledo won't comment on their schedule. What you quoted are just one person's hopes and dreams, just as many of us have posted requests.

Though there is no guarantee that any particular request will be satisfied, the development is ongoing as we see a slow but steady stream of improvements.

Actually, since Proximo posted those four items last summer, manual reordering of subtasks was added as an option, and use of tags was made easier with the addition of a picklist.
roddyt

Posted Feb 18, 2010 in: How do I delete a context?
  • roddyt
  • Posted: Feb 18, 2010
I assume you mean you accidentally "created" a context.

To delete it, click Contexts in the "Folders & Contexts" item in the menu selections on the left side. Find the context, click the trash can, then save.
roddyt

• roddyt
  • Posted: Feb 14, 2010
Juan,

Please clarify. You use the term "Folders View." That would mean that you've selected Folders in the View By list at the very top of the screen. If that's the case, then the folders are in tabs running horizontally. In this view, all folders, even empty ones, are listed (up to a point, you may have to click the "More" dropdown to see the rest that don't fit).

Or do you perhaps mean that you are in some other view, eg. Main, and are sorting by Folder. If this is the case, then yes, empty folders are not listed. The obvious solution is to not create the folder (project) until you actually have a task to assign to it. But as this is obvious, you probably have reasons for not doing it. The only other thing I can think of is to create a dummy task to put in the folder when you create it. Then when you add your first real task, delete the dummy.

Roddy
roddyt

• roddyt
  • Posted: Feb 14, 2010
roddyt

Posted Feb 10, 2010 in: To show or not to show
  • roddyt
  • Posted: Feb 10, 2010
I like it.

I devised a similar trick to get around having to display an extra column. I don't use the due date, as I enter those types of things in my calendar.

I did have a need for setting a notification on a task though. I didn't want to activate the due date field just for this one task. Instead, I activated it on my iPhone, where the extra fields aren't so obvious, and set it there.

It worked. And now that you've got me thinking about it, maybe I can work this scheme with other fields. I'll have to look it over.

Your suggestion, of course, would be even better. But until then...
roddyt

Posted Feb 08, 2010 in: iPhone filter for Folders
  • roddyt
  • Posted: Feb 08, 2010
Not sure if this has been suggested, consider this a +1 if it has.

Now that I've seen how nice the Context and Tag filters have been implemented in the iPhone, I'd like to request a similar filter for Folders.

I usually view by context. It would be nice to focus on a particular folder, which for me are projects.
roddyt

Posted Feb 03, 2010 in: iPhone app updated to version 1.5.7
  • roddyt
  • Posted: Feb 03, 2010
Excellent!

Thank you for making that change. Just the other day I was pounding all my tags just to leave one unchecked. No more of that.

I really like the full title feature as well.

I'll put in a positive review when I get home tonight.
roddyt

Posted Jan 27, 2010 in: Does ToodleDo rock the funky mic?
  • roddyt
  • Posted: Jan 27, 2010
Well, I gave your message a thumbs up even though I don't know what some of those sayings mean (what the heck is a funky mic?).

I assume they are all positive though, because you sound pretty upbeat :)
roddyt

Posted Jan 20, 2010 in: New Tag Picker
  • roddyt
  • Posted: Jan 20, 2010
Posted by Yannis:
How can I reset the list of tags? I tried the feature using the "test 1" and "test 2" tags, which I now want to get rid of.

If you get rid of all use of those tags and refresh, they should no longer be in the list.

That worked for me anyway.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4      Next