ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by jimk222"
jimk222

Posted Dec 02, 2020 in: We’re Back
Score: 0
  • jimk222
  • Posted: Dec 02, 2020
  • Score: 0
I too have moved over to Reminders on iOS as I am all Mac it makes the most sense for me. It works great and has really simplified my task management. Toodledo was great for many years but the bells and whistles were far more than I really needed after a lot of reflection. I highly recommend Reminders for those considering it.

Posted by pruden:
Will soon be signing off from ToodleDo, friends. The Apple Reminders app has come a long way and, while it’s far from perfect, it will meet my needs for a Do List. And it’s extremely unlikely to go away or become unsupported. I’ve transferred all my data over, and have been using it solely for about two or three weeks now. Actually working well, nothing lost. Peace and best wishes.

Mark Pruden
Cincinnati
jimk222

Posted Jul 17, 2020 in: iOS Update - June 2020
  • jimk222
  • Posted: Jul 17, 2020
Posted by bandit:
jmik222 (and others): if you give a task an “Optionally On” Due Date and set the task to repeat on Date Due, any task that is not completed on that date will automatically roll forward based on the repeat schedule, so no need to adjust Due Dates ever day for uncompleted tasks. Be careful, because if you pick an Optional Due Date and no repeat, the task will be deleted after the date has passed, and then you have to recover it from Deleted Tasks (easiest way to find: Search for “optionally” on the Deleted Tasks page). I was thrilled when I discovered how to make uncompleted tasks automatically roll forward!

This is really great!! Awesome approach I admittedly did not know or pursue. Thank you for passing along that thoughtful informaion. Hope it helps others.
jimk222

Posted Jul 14, 2020 in: iOS Update - June 2020
  • jimk222
  • Posted: Jul 14, 2020
Posted by DO_1594386537:
To those of you still struggling about bailing off this ship: I'd been a heavy Toodledo user since 2009, completely dependent. Since the moment I saw everything wiped off the phone app a week and a half ago and then logged on here and understood what was happening, I realized how vulnerable I was leaving myself by staying in this environment, clearly unsuited for critically important data. I exported everything from the web version to CSV files, jumped to TickTick for todos and OneNote for notebook notes and lists. Turns out that well-supported apps in this domain have come a long way. I haven't looked back for one second, and you won't either.

I had been a longtime user of ToodleDo and OneNote, but recently came across Notion.so and am really impressed with the use of databases and linking fields for relationships of information. It's pretty slick what you can do. I have migrated from ToodleDo to iOS Reminders for task management and am really loving that simple approach. Then I am building out Notion for many note-taking, project planning, even CRM related functions, the collaboration is pretty amazing with real-time interactions where you can see where the other person's cursor is. I could use Notion for task management but I think it is a bit cumbersome for mobile so that is why I'm happy to stick with Reminders for tasks and Notion for most of the other elements of my workflow.

This message was edited Jul 14, 2020.
jimk222

Posted Jul 13, 2020 in: iOS Update - June 2020
  • jimk222
  • Posted: Jul 13, 2020
Posted by cj:
Thanks for the condolences on trying to support toodledo : )

Sucks even more, since I have a 6 hour trip by car - where I wanted to tick off my todo list of writing items, while working disconnected on my ipad in the car. But no app - no list.

I'd suggest, with the time you have on the road trip, particularly if you are on iPad, iPhone, and mac using iOS/MacOS Reminders. I'm pretty pleased having transitioned all of my information over there last week in less than the time you have in the car. Clean and crisp interface, it just simply works, and it is simple which keeps me from overcomplicating the setup. I spend less time planning my To Dos and more time just getting them done.

Good luck with what path you take, and safe travels!

Jim
jimk222

Posted Jul 09, 2020 in: We’re Back
  • jimk222
  • Posted: Jul 09, 2020
Posted by Anant G.:
It will be back in store in few days. Waiting for apple to approve the build. We also reached out to them about the data issue. We did test out everything in beta version and there were no complaints about data being wiped out, so Apple is looking into that.

We are expecting a release by end of this week or early next week. I am going to update the beta link once our build is approved.

Adding to this, just make sure you sync everything with the Toodledo web version if you are using the old app or the new one. Those settings can be found under Toodledo's App Settings --> Synchronization.

Thank you Anant for the update. What about those of us whose synchronization (Toodledo.com -> device) on both iPad and iPhone is not working. Or where the "All Tasks" screen doesn't load? Or on iPad where the device won't succeed past the welcome splash screen?

Thank you for clarifying any of those points.
Jim
jimk222

Posted Jul 07, 2020 in: iOS Update - June 2020
  • jimk222
  • Posted: Jul 07, 2020
Thanks for bringing that to folks' attention lmcferren. I just checked my most recent "Completed" CSV backup and I see 8,359 lines dating from this week all the way back to early 2015 which seems to make sense based on my historic use of ToodleDo. All I've been doing is entering "0" for the years field as outlined in previous post below.

Jim

Posted by lmcferren:
[quote]For what it is worth -- I downloaded backup and exported csv files of my tasks and notes. I was NOT able to download completed tasks beyond one year old. In other words - that file was empty except for 2020 dates. I changed the input value to beyond 0, 1, and 2 years old - each time the download file only contained tasks completed in 2020.

I've been using the app on my iphone since 2011, so this is one more disappointment.

So to those who have downloaded csv's of their completed tasks - be sure to check your files.

Posted by jimk222:
[quote](Sorry I attempted to get this to be in-line with tahallco comment) sorry for the duplicate.

I have had hopes but have been doing the following every Friday.

Under the profile icon in the top right corner of the desktop web browser, click the drop-down to reveal the menu
Look for "Import/Export/Backup"

1) Backup
Click the Backup/Restore box
Next screen click "Download backup file"
Save it to a folder where you want to keep handy the ToodleDo backups
Go back to the profile menu > "Import / Export / Backup"

2) CSV Export
Under "CSV Tasks Export"
And under "Uncompleted Tasks" click "Download CSV File"
It will save with today's date in the file name and what it is as well
Save it where you keep the ToodleDo backups

Then if you want the full history of all your completed tasks
Right above the download blue download button you'll see "Completed more than (1) yrs ago"
I change this to 0 to get all completed tasks, then click download
Save it where you keep the ToodleDo backups it will also save with today's date and file name description

3) XML file export for future use
Should an XML file be needed at a 3rd party or even if you want to come back to ToodleDo
This "in theory" should give you full file export of your tasks
Go back to "Import / Export / Backup" screen
Click on "XML Import / Export"
Under "XML Tasks Export" click "Download XML file"
This will be a single file that you could rename with a different date but I have just overwritten the previous export file in my ToodleDo backup folder.

Hope this helps.

Good luck![/quote]
jimk222

• jimk222
Posted by dotparker:
I am a longtime user and tech geek and hope this may help those who have recently posted questions.

1) If you downloaded the new app and your tasks are missing, Go to the app's Settings: Modify Account Login: and click on "Force Toodledo > Device Sync" (but NOT from the device to the Toodledo).

2) If you uninstalled the app, you won't be able to reinstall until the company restores the app to the App Store. I assume Anant pulled it due to all the issues people were having. Apple's approval process can take a number of days, so you may have to wait it out. I'd recommend you check the App Store daily.

3) To back up your data, you need to use the web version on a computer as this function is not available in the app. From your Toodledo webpage, go to Settings: Import/Export/Backup: Backup/Restore and click on "Download Backup File". You can also export your data in various other formats (csv, txt) if you plan to take your data elsewhere. As a reference point, I back up my Toodledo data every other day.

4) I know that people are frustrated, and rightfully so. But, many of us stay with Toodledo because there is no other better alternative. Over the last two years, I have tried at least a dozen alternatives (I've even paid for the full versions). I use a GTD method and nothing can compare to Toodledo. The closest is Remember the Milk (they have the ability to import your Toodledo file that is nice). But, I always return to Toodledo because it's better. I hope Anant and his team get the kinks worked out because I love Toodledo.

Force sync has not worked on my iPad. I can't get an iPad to successfully pass the splash welcome screen. It just simply crashes each time no matter how I have downloaded and reinstalled the app.

"All Tasks" on iPhone do not go anywhere as if the screen is unavailable on my iPhone despite several re-install and force re-syncs. I can only see flagged and starred screens.

The App can still be found, you should be able to go to your app store account profile and search under purchased apps and see ToodleDo come back up and you can re-install it from there.

My account premium subscription here at ToodleDo ends mid-August. I am hopeful that things will recover promptly for everyone as we all are so dependent on a task manager for our day-to-day.

I am now left with a web version only, and I don't trust the system for any syncing or even retention of the data I do enter. I have decided after having done some research on "Digital Minimalism" that my workflow with ToodleDo was a bit cumbersome. I could, of course, refine / thin-out the data elements I'm using on my Tasks structure in ToodleDo but I am really at my last ounce of patience.

With that all in mind, I have migrated albeit manually to Apple iOS 13 Reminders and am actually re-energized by the simplicity of the app, the native nature of it being in my all-mac ecosystem, apple watch functionality being spot-on, and the workflow including thumbnails of images, and urls with noticeable buttons underneath each task being really handy. Migrating manually also helped me thin out the list of 770+ open tasks, while also helping me clean up the structure of folders, tags ("lists" in Reminders). Reminders is fully searchable so I didn't actually need tags I could just make sure the word I wanted was in the description and pull them all up no matter what list they are in. Also, the scheduling of dates and reminders is really quite flexible and easy to select for those I do want dates for.

Which brings me to one of my biggest time sucks lately with ToodleDo and a feature I had hoped they would roll out for more efficiency. The biggest portion of the time I spent with ToodleDo on a nightly basis was updating all of the "start dates" to the next date. It had some value in looking at what was no longer a priority and kicking it out a few more days, but I was having to update most if not all of my tasks and could have used that time more effectively. I am feeling that Reminders may be more helpful in its simplicity for this aspect of my workflow.

This message was edited Jul 07, 2020.
jimk222

Score: 1
  • jimk222
  • Score: 1
Posted by faisalgh:
I am a paying user of this app, and really like the google mail integration. I made the mistake of deleting the app on my phone. I cannot find it in the App store anymore. How do we get the app reinstalled.

Can you go to App Store app on iPhone and iPad and then click on your profile image in the top right to get to your account. Then search under "Purchases" for previously purchased" and you should find it. I've had to do that a couple times as I worked through both inoperable iPhone and iPad versions.

This message was edited Jul 07, 2020.
jimk222

• jimk222
(Sorry I attempted to get this to be in-line with tahallco comment) sorry for the duplicate.

Under the profile icon in the top right corner of the desktop web browser, click the drop-down to reveal the menu

1) Backup

2) CSV Export
Under "CSV Tasks Export"

Right above the download blue download button you'll see "Completed more than (1) yrs ago"
Save it where you keep the ToodleDo backups it will also save with today's date and file name description

Should an XML file be needed at a 3rd party or even if you want to come back to ToodleDo
This will be a single file that you could rename with a different date but I have just overwritten the previous export file in my ToodleDo backup folder.

Hope this helps.

Good luck!

Posted by tahallco:
How do I back up? I too run my life with this App. I didn’t do the Update that was suggested as I’m afraid I’ll lose everything. Right now I am able to manage (although it’s not easy) through the web site. But I want to back up just in case. Can someone help tell me how to back up.

So frustrating there is no response from Developer. It’s a new owner that kinda like a tech guy but not a business person that understands Customer Service which is essential to a successful business.

Please Post Apps that you feel are an alternative. I like many have used this App for many years. 10+.
jimk222

• jimk222

Under the profile icon in the top right corner of the desktop web browser, click the drop down to reveal the menu

1) Backup

2) CSV Export
Under "CSV Tasks Export"

Hope this helps.

Good luck!
jimk222

Posted Jul 06, 2020 in: iOS version
  • jimk222
  • Posted: Jul 06, 2020
It doesn't appear if you search for the app in the app store main listing. In the App Store app, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner. Then on next screen look for look for "Purchased" and click that. Then type in "Toodledo" in the search bar and you should see it as a previous purchase. Hope that helps,
Jim
jimk222

Posted Jul 06, 2020 in: iOS Update - June 2020
  • jimk222
  • Posted: Jul 06, 2020
I too was a bit surprised to see a new app available in my app update list. Excited and hopeful, I updated an iPad Air 2 and iPhone 7 (both with the latest iOS and iPADOS updates).

On iPad, I updated the TD app but saw no tasks listed.
Then after reading comments tried force sync (Toodledo -> iPad) it attempted to "download" and "process" tasks but nothing came through.
Then I shut down the iPad app and then rebooted the iPad.
Launched TD again and it crashes after the splash screen, every time I try to open the app. It just won't open the app at all.
Multiple attempts to delete the app, reinstall, force sync, I am unable to open the app successfully.

On iPhone 7 I updated the app, only received about half of my tasks noted in the task list, and the notification red dot count on the app on the iPhone home screen.
Forced sync toodledo.com -> iPhone and "download" and "process" tasks begins at bottom of TD screen but never seems to complete. I only have 749 items in my all tasks list.
Close app relaunch and I am unable to even click on the All Tasks button to get to the list of all my tasks. Hot List and Starred list are both accessible and seem correct but All Tasks screen won't open.

Both iPhone & iPad apps are pretty useless to me at this point.

The biggest concern is that I am VERY reluctant to even use the iPad or iPhone versions of the TD app in fear that any work I do on those devices will not sync properly to the TD online account. I am forced to use only the web version for all my work.

I agree not a good roll-out and I was surprised that there was a full version update launching as I thought we were still using beta testing through Test Flight.

Jim
jimk222

Posted Apr 01, 2020 in: We’re Back
Score: 1
  • jimk222
  • Posted: Apr 01, 2020
  • Score: 1
Posted by Ob-La-Di+ruben:
Posted by KBC1-Gold-Active:

Click on this link to join this independent discussion group on SLACK... https://tinyurl.com/rbn4hyb

Hi KBC1-Gold

Without having been invited to participate in this Slack workspace, how do we participate?

Thanks!

Thanks for sending this note, I too have been wondering how to join, as I have been using Slack for years and have several workspaces I can't seem to figure out how to log into this work space for Slack.
Jim
jimk222

Posted Mar 31, 2020 in: Toodledo iPhone App Beta Testers
  • jimk222
  • Posted: Mar 31, 2020
Glad to see the beta version released. I am using an old iPhone 7 as a test device for Toodledo and a couple other apps in beta. I have successfully updated, opened, and entered tasks. No crashing as of yet. All other screens open (notes, outlines, lists, and habits) open without issue. I look forward to even more revisions forthcoming and happy to test.
jimk222

Posted Mar 30, 2020 in: We’re Back
Score: 3
  • jimk222
  • Posted: Mar 30, 2020
  • Score: 3
Posted by Anant G.:
Posted by J O D:
Based on your previous posts, Anant, I just really hope the end of March will be seeing the beta for the mobile apps at last... You have 20 days.

Yes we are working on it and that's our target too :)

Hi Anant,
Just checking noting that tomorrow marks the end of March, to see if there are any updates on your plan to have a refreshed app (beta or otherwise) available? I see comments regarding the issues with Android so perhaps that is also a focus for the team. To clarify, what app were you working towards an update by the end of the month,

Thank you,
Jim
jimk222

Posted Mar 13, 2020 in: We’re Back
Score: 2
  • jimk222
  • Posted: Mar 13, 2020
  • Score: 2
Perfection is the enemy of good. Small progress published is better than big progress described only in words. Several here, including me, are happy to test the beta version no matter how much progress has been made in order to get the ball rolling. I hope that helps.
jimk222

Posted Mar 04, 2020 in: We’re Back
Score: 4
  • jimk222
  • Posted: Mar 04, 2020
  • Score: 4
Thank you Anant! I appreciate the work you've done, despite the lack of communication. I look forward to the updates that are forthcoming. Given the cash flow you mentioned which will support the development, it would be helpful for long-timers if there could be some consideration for the sudden price adjustment with little change in app features and an absence of communication. In other words are there credits that could be issued to long-time users or extensions provided to subscriptions, or access to premium plans above current subscription?
Jim
jimk222

Posted Feb 28, 2020 in: Threads locked
  • jimk222
  • Posted: Feb 28, 2020
Thank you @oletros I must have missed that one but really appreciate you pointing us to it. Unfortunately, having an update, that would have otherwise been helpful if not for the vacancy of information for many months, buried in an obscure topic while other more pertinent topics for the general TD user population could have been chosen to share this update. I am sticking around, backing up routinely, and will await an actual update.
jimk222

Posted Feb 26, 2020 in: Threads locked
  • jimk222
  • Posted: Feb 26, 2020
Posted by kenckar:
He did say that they have an update coming out at end March for ios. I’ll believe it when I see it. IBIWISI.

Where was this where Anant said there would be an update at the end of March? I haven't seen any comments from Anant on any of the sections of the forum.
jimk222

Posted Feb 12, 2020 in: Toodledo Update August 2019
  • jimk222
  • Posted: Feb 12, 2020
Seems often great apps I've enjoyed were acquired to be killed off pretty quickly or intentionally broken to being useless in many ways. Seems the former is the case w/TD. it's not apparent that TD was acquired by a competitor to gather market access and then kill off the competing app *cough* wunderlist *cough* they just are letting it die an apparently slow death.
Skip to Page:  1   2      Next