ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by frogboy"
frogboy

Score: 0
  • frogboy
  • Posted: Jun 06, 2023
  • Score: 0
or paste a link to dropbox/google drive.

Cloud integrations like Nozbe personal provides would be ideal, but can imagine that will not be for sometime if ever....

TD storage is best viewed as a back up....
frogboy

Posted Oct 24, 2022 in: Completed tasks report updates?
  • frogboy
  • Posted: Oct 24, 2022
Try IFTTT

To a Google spreadsheet or email on every completion (then filter emails to a folder?)

I use the spreadsheet option....
frogboy

Posted Oct 19, 2022 in: Emailing In
Score: 1
  • frogboy
  • Posted: Oct 19, 2022
  • Score: 1
I battled with this for an age too.

Only really workable solution I found was to use POBOX's mail forwarding service - part of Fastmail and use the email subject link append feature of the Middle or Upper plan. ~$35/yr

Basically create a bunch of forwarding address each with a set of rules as to what to append the message subject line with.

myusername+rule1 at poxbox.com will forward to Toodledo but on the way append various predetermined text to subject line so all fields are correct.

I have created over 50. Just create memorable address book entries in your mail client and then BCC or auto bcc as much as you like.

There are tricks with Zapier or IFTTT but they are very fiddly imho so POBOX dot comis way easier and flexible and cheap too.

If you are so inclined to you can set up rules to so they forward to Toodledo and Evernote as well..... or another secondary destination.

Personally I am using bothPOBOX's mail forwarding service

and TaskClone for very important work messages. Email is Bcc'ed to Pobox.com that append and forwards Evernote - including the relevant TaskClone Tag, that then forwards a task to Toodledo with the backlink to the Note in Evernote.

Backing up emails like this has save my bacon more than a few times!

This message was edited Oct 19, 2022.
frogboy

Posted May 24, 2022 in: Revamped web app?
Score: 2
  • frogboy
  • Posted: May 24, 2022
  • Score: 2
I would agree, largely. Keep the spreadsheet feel.

Though some color options and graphical improvements might be good.

Icons/Colors for Folders, Contexts alongside some themed colour choices might be enough.
frogboy

Posted Oct 23, 2021 in: Fastmail
  • frogboy
  • Posted: Oct 23, 2021
I use FastMail too.

The Toodledo iCal feeds work fine.

I have never been able to get the Google Cal integration (with Toodledo) working so am awaiting an eventual tidy up of this.

I use several apps with Google Cal integrations and they all appear fine in FastMail, infact I use Google to Subscribe to the Toodledo ical feeds then subscribe to the Google Account in FastMail, as means of keep all my app Calendars in one place. .
frogboy

• frogboy
  • Posted: Aug 20, 2021
The email notifications seem to work. I have those sent to a Pushover account, which means I get notifications on iOS.
frogboy

Score: -2
  • frogboy
  • Posted: Aug 01, 2021
  • Score: -2
This post has been hidden because of negative votes. Click to reveal
frogboy

• frogboy
  • Posted: Jul 24, 2021
Hasnain,

Is emoji support (in task & notes section, it works in outlines & lists) on the cards? Really hope it’s soon!

This message was edited Jul 24, 2021.
frogboy

Posted Feb 18, 2021 in: DISCUSS ALTERNATIVES TO TOODLEDO
  • frogboy
  • Posted: Feb 18, 2021
I am using Nozbe - like it. It’s simple, cross platform. Same on every device. Evernote integration.

But expensive......

Big moan is it’s great for projects at the runway &10,000 ft level but random stuff from out yonder - which Toodledo was awesome for - is poor.

ZenKit, looks promising, but takes quite a lot of time to get your head around.

RTM, has great reminder features but interface can be annoying.

Todoist wins if you use a lot of ifttt/zapier kind of things. Overwhelming with too many projects....

2Do, is nearest equivalent, but not cross platform & no email in.

Solution might be to split roles and use several tools.....

Sadly there is no one tool to rule them.....
frogboy

Posted Feb 05, 2021 in: We’re Back
Score: 1
  • frogboy
  • Posted: Feb 05, 2021
  • Score: 1
As of 5th Feb 2021 there are:

Open support tickets
frogboy

Posted Jan 08, 2021 in: We’re Back
  • frogboy
  • Posted: Jan 08, 2021
As of 9th Jan 2021 there are:

Open support tickets

This message was edited Jan 08, 2021.
frogboy

Posted Nov 21, 2020 in: Qn: No support at [email protected]?
  • frogboy
  • Posted: Nov 21, 2020
Currently 309 tickets awaiting a reply.

iOS beta is due to expire in 2 days.....
frogboy

• frogboy
  • Posted: May 22, 2020
Yeah same here. Or if you have TD on both iPad and iPhone, only one device gets them.

Email notifications are still reliable, so just created a rule in the FastMail iOS app that notifies me of TD reminders with certain characteristics.

Have abandoned the TD iOS app for now, the Beta is still just the old one rewrapped. Still awaiting their rewrite.
frogboy

Posted Mar 10, 2020 in: We’re Back
  • frogboy
  • Posted: Mar 10, 2020
For us dyslexic/autistic/neuro-divergent customers out there - can we have emoji support in the task section please? That would really help me coordinate and organise.

Otherwise hope this product does survive!
frogboy

Score: 2
  • frogboy
  • Posted: Dec 22, 2019
  • Score: 2
A lot of users have clearly done a lot of leg work testing alternatives, just Incase TD does totally pack up.

In my exhaustive search, the one feature I cannot replace is the “Optionally On” date function.

There are are loads of event type things, non actionable, I just want to be aware of - which I can through saved searches, but don’t want to have to bother ticking off.

Such a useful function

For example

- casual acquaintance birthdays
- local events
- household appliance warranties
- conference dates
- famous people/dates anniversaries

Other random stuff I like to recall & be aware of, just not necessarily actionable items.

RTM/Todoist/Tick Tick as alternatives - would just easily create a very busyToday, needing constant work to maintain order.

Can anyone, from their explorations suggest an alternative app with a similar function?
frogboy

Posted Jun 14, 2019 in: Toodledo iPhone App Beta Testers
  • frogboy
  • Posted: Jun 14, 2019
It’s better than before iPad/iPhone - no crashing etc.

Notifications both in app and server sent do not work. Zilch.

Email reminders only....
frogboy

• frogboy
  • Posted: Jan 08, 2019
Here

https://www.toodledo.com/tools/sync_ical_ex.php

This message was edited Jan 08, 2019.
frogboy

• frogboy
  • Posted: Jan 07, 2019
It’s fine.

But the new iCal features it talks about don’t work, unless that’s for new people only not legacy subscribers
frogboy

Posted Nov 01, 2018 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
  • frogboy
  • Posted: Nov 01, 2018
@Aaron: does that mean that due improvements to iCal and google cal sync won’t be applied to my silver subscription? And I will still have legacy features for a good while yet? Or will legacy subscribers enjoy new features and improvements as they roll out.

Desperately need iCal feeds/folder and /saved search - that is available in RTM for free.....

Posted by aaron.c.salls:
Anthony Taylor
Posted: 2 days ago
@Aaron I understand the payment structure doesn't change while the current subscription lasts, but what about the features of the original subscription that was paid for?

Sure, I can clarify that. The existing features of your subscription won't change through the duration of your current subscription period.
frogboy

Posted Oct 28, 2018 in: Pros/Cons of Alternatives to Toodledo.
  • frogboy
  • Posted: Oct 28, 2018
A bit pricey but Nozbe plus Evernote is a brilliant combination.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6      Next