ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by sprouty76"
sprouty76

Posted Oct 21, 2015 in: Toodledo Redesign Plans
Score: 0
I've been positive about pretty much all of the recent changes, but I hate what you've done with the Add Task button. It belongs inside the tab that gets selected when you pick Tasks (and the same with Add Outline, etc), not at the same level. Also not keen on the appearance of the button itself.

Also not a fan of the drop down list for the different components instead of the tab bar in the beta version. Feels and looks quite clunky. I prefer the site logo in the top left, and then a nice, concise bar for the different sections - for all sites, not just TD.
sprouty76

Posted Aug 26, 2015 in: Introducing the Ribbon
Score: 1
Actually, has the font sized changed for the tasks? I didn't notice it yesterday, but it looks a little cluttered.

Also, once the ribbon is closed you have to open it all up again just to see what view you're in. Would it be possible to add some text to the tooltip or elsewhere to say what the current view is?

This message was edited Aug 26, 2015.
sprouty76

Posted Aug 25, 2015 in: Introducing the Ribbon
Nice. Only thing I'd say is that the fairly dark background colour tends to draw the eye away from the tasks slightly.

The scrolling change is very welcome.
sprouty76

Posted Jan 05, 2015 in: New Section: Habits
Does this mean that the chain can finally be removed from the Goals organizer?
sprouty76

Posted Jun 11, 2014 in: Toodledo Android App
I've got a 7 inch tablet and I really like the 2 column layout - please don't remove it!
sprouty76

Posted Feb 18, 2014 in: Goals
I really like the idea of goals but at the moment they do feel like they were kind of shoehorned in without much thought about they would actually be used or organised.

That said I don't think they deserve their own tab any more than folders or contexts do.
sprouty76

Posted Feb 12, 2014 in: Android App Crowdfunding Project
Interesting idea - but could you make it so once you've dismissed the banner at the top of the page, it stays gone?

Or at the very least, not have it pop up after the rest of the page has been rendered.

This message was edited Feb 12, 2014.
sprouty76

Posted Feb 05, 2014 in: Toodledo Android App
My only real gripe is that people weren't making enough noise about how good the app was, I could have been happily using it for months!
sprouty76

Posted Jan 31, 2014 in: Toodledo Android App
Posted by Jake:
We are thinking about it, but would still need someone on staff to work on it full time.

Good stuff - I'm not a full time Android dev but would be happy to chip in with the odd bug fix if it were open source. Obviously your call though, and I'm certainly not going to get on your back if you choose not to go down that route.
sprouty76

Posted Jan 30, 2014 in: Toodledo Android App
Just a thought - you're obviously trying to bring in an Android dev to work on the app, but have you considered open sourcing it instead?
sprouty76

Posted Jan 28, 2014 in: Best Android App(s)?
And you definitely owe it to yourselves to look in the News forum :)
sprouty76

Posted Jan 28, 2014 in: Toodledo Android App
Just found the folder view - that should probably be on by default. But actually quite impressed with it. The artwork for tablets could do with being updated to match the artwork for phones (it still shows the old MyToodle icon on tablets).

It even does location-based reminders, which I wasn't expecting - although haven't actually tried them yet.
sprouty76

Ok, for anybody who hasn't noticed, Jake appears to have followed SES21's advice and has acquired MyToodle - there are more details here http://www.toodledo.com/forums/1/18580/0/toodledo-android-app.html
sprouty76

Posted Jan 28, 2014 in: Toodledo Android App
Posted by Jake:
The solution that we had been working on was to leverage our web expertise to develop an excellent mobile website that works offline in any web browser. We were then going to put this inside of a native Android app, making what's called a hybrid app. We were progressing on this path.

So the native app that you've been telling us you were actively developing for some time now was in fact just the mobile site embedded inside an app?

Still, just given it a go and looks like a good starting point - but I need to be able to view by folder before I can actually use it seriously.

If you want feature requests / bugs to go in support tickets, is it worth adding a new section for them? It's not a 3rd party app but equally isn't the iOS app.

This message was edited Jan 28, 2014.
sprouty76

Posted Jan 27, 2014 in: Only 1 ticket per day - seriously???
Posted by SES21:
Posted by sprouty76:
<snip>

Feb 16, 2012 - Repeating [tasks] on weekdays - Feature request, "on our todo list" - not done
Sep 12, 2012 - Task scheduler - Feature request, "consider this for future enhancement" - not done

</snip>

I may be misunderstanding what you requested but I believe these 2 items are both done. If not the latter, then certainly the former because I have a couple of tasks that repeat every weekday!

I didn't include much detail, because I didn't want to get into a discussion of individual feature requests and their merits (or otherwise).

But if you're interested, the scheduler one was about merging the 2 pages used in the scheduler, so you could tweak the schedule without having to go back and start again if e.g. you wanted to adjust the available hours slightly.

The weekday one was not just about being able to repeat something on every weekday, it was to do something like set a task to repeat on the first or last weekday of the month - I get paid on the last weekday in the month and like to check my bank account to make sure it's gone in ok.
sprouty76

Posted Jan 24, 2014 in: Only 1 ticket per day - seriously???
So reading between the lines there, if you have a feature request that's of relatively low priority, there's little to no chance of it ever being implemented because there will always be higher priority stuff?

Sounds to me like you need to sort your list by importance rather than priority, like your users do :)
sprouty76

Posted Jan 23, 2014 in: Only 1 ticket per day - seriously???
It's funny though, because my list of tickets tells a slightly different story:

Aug 02, 2011 - White border around favicon - cosmetic bug - fixed
Oct 27, 2011 - Goals organiser [compact view without chains] - Feature request, "on our todo list" - not done
Feb 16, 2012 - Repeating [tasks] on weekdays - Feature request, "on our todo list" - not done
Sep 12, 2012 - Task scheduler - Feature request, "consider this for future enhancement" - not done
Sep 28, 2012 - Footer does not fill width of page - cosmetic bug, "look into this for future updates" - not done
Oct 09, 2012 - Autopopulate task title when using bookmarklet - Feature request, "consider this for future enhancement" - not done
Feb 12, 2013 - Desktop notifications - Feature request, "not something we offer" - done (ironically!)
Apr 22, 2013 - Mobile site - nested subtasks - Bug, "We plan on implementing indented subtasks in a future update." - not done
Jun 11, 2013 - Possible to create empty nodes that can't be editted [in outliner] - Bug - fixed
Aug 12, 2013 - Tooltip for abbreviated text - Feature request, "not currently possible" - not done

(I've added clarification in [])

There's stuff in there that was supposedly on your todo list over 2 years ago, and there's some that are downright trivial. So tell me again how you're interested in our feedback?
sprouty76

Posted Jan 21, 2014 in: Only 1 ticket per day - seriously???
Posted by aleding:
Well, I'm not sure how an abusive user putting in 12 tickets with 12 different issues is any different than the same user putting in 1 ticket with 12 issues? Also, as I mentioned earlier, why not apply the 1 ticket per day policy to those who abuse - not those who are putting in good feedback?

Restricting how your user-base can communicate with you is always a bad idea and should only be done when there is an overly compelling need to do so.

If the policy has worked to solve the issue at hand, it's clearly because the abusers get tired of logging back in every day to submit ticket after ticket - and if they get tired of doing it, then so will folks who don't abuse which means you lose valuable feedback...

Also, it would be good for you folks to actually publish what you deem abuse. At present, the policy implies that more than 1 ticket per user per day is abusive. I can't believe that this is really what you think so a better approach would be to first define what abuse is and then let folks file at will. Then, as folks cross that threshold, apply the policy to those who abuse.

There's a better way to skin this cat and something along these lines is a step toward that end...

Agree completely. When the outline functionality was introduced, I attempted to let the creators know about a couple of issues. However, when trying to add the second ticket, I got a message saying I couldn't.

I figured that if you're not bothered about letting us report issues (especially with a major new bit of functionality!) then you're probably not all that bothered about fixing them either. I've had a similar experience when I started trying to use m.toodledo.com and wanted to report issues.
sprouty76

Posted Jan 02, 2014 in: Toodledo Channel for IFTTT
Haven't actually tried it yet, but can already think of a few uses for it - a few of those uses will require a due date and start date to be specified when creating a new task, and as far as I can tell it's not currently possible to do that. I'd have thought that due date in particular would be useful to a lot of people, any chance of adding it?
sprouty76

Posted Nov 13, 2013 in: HOTLIST
I agree with Daniel - I think of those items as optional, but if I do them, they need to be done by the date in question. For me they need to go into the hotlist.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4      Next