ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by gpzbc"
gpzbc

Posted Jun 29, 2010 in: How many people work at Toodledo ?
Score: 2
  • gpzbc
  • Posted: Jun 29, 2010
  • Score: 2
Secret projects make me excited!
gpzbc

Posted Jun 05, 2010 in: RTM import
Score: 0
  • gpzbc
  • Posted: Jun 05, 2010
  • Score: 0
Check out this thread where I asked the same question.
http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/6073/0/1-mb-file-size-limit-on-rtm-ical-import.html

This message was edited Jun 05, 2010.
gpzbc

Posted May 23, 2010 in: What we have been doing recently
  • gpzbc
  • Posted: May 23, 2010
Toodledo's connection to Jott will do this.
http://www.toodledo.com/connect_jott.php
gpzbc

Posted May 21, 2010 in: What we have been doing recently
  • gpzbc
  • Posted: May 21, 2010
That's great to know. Thanks for you hard work, and thanks for the transparency.
gpzbc

Posted May 21, 2010 in: Toodledo web app
  • gpzbc
Why are you bumping this thread approximately one week after the developers have stated that they are working on a GUI overhaul? I don't think it will take them less than a week to accomplish the overhaul.

I want a Toodledoo facelift as bad as you do. And the devs say it is coming.
gpzbc

• gpzbc
It might be nice to have this as an option, but I imagine that doing so would put most people over the 1 MB file size limit for imports. So you might consider increasing that limit if you add the ability to import completed tasks.
Thanks!
gpzbc

Posted May 21, 2010 in: 1 MB file size limit on RTM iCal Import
Score: 1
  • gpzbc
  • Score: 1
Thank you. I carelessly missed that.

I'll give it a try, but I'm still unsure whether or not I want to delete completed tasks. I guess there isn't much advantage to keeping them if I am making the switch to Toodledo.

Thanks again.
gpzbc

Posted May 19, 2010 in: 1 MB file size limit on RTM iCal Import
  • gpzbc
  • Posted: May 19, 2010
I am trying to import my Remember the Milk Task via the iCal import function. Unfortunately, I keep getting declined because my iCal file is larger than 1 MB. Is there any sort of workaround for this?

Thanks.
gpzbc

Posted May 19, 2010 in: Toodledo web app
  • gpzbc
  • Posted: May 19, 2010
Thank you. I'm looking forward to the shine.
gpzbc

Posted Apr 08, 2010 in: Seriously, How About That Design?
  • gpzbc
  • Posted: Apr 08, 2010
But you fail to realize that pretty and fast are not exclusive of each other.

Despite all of its shortcomings and lack of development, Todoist has a beautiful interface and is fast.

The ideal solution would be pretty, fast, and functional.
gpzbc

Posted Apr 07, 2010 in: Seriously, How About That Design?
  • gpzbc
  • Posted: Apr 07, 2010
I'm a bit ashamed to admit it, but the design of Toodledo has kept me from committing to Toodledo 100%.

The design of a site is not of the utmost importance. Design is useless without a robust feature set, and conversely, a robust feature set is not going to sell without good design. So I don't think you can argue that you need one over the other. They have to both be present to make a product marketable.

Some may disagree with me by saying it shouldn't be that way. But that's just the way it is.

I'm looking forward to a design overhaul in 2010.
gpzbc

Posted Feb 07, 2010 in: Offline access via Google Gears ?
  • gpzbc
  • Posted: Feb 07, 2010
I agree that going with Google Gears at this point would be foolish, but it also seems like such a shame to wait until HTML 5 is stable and fully accepted. That might be a while still.
gpzbc

• gpzbc
  • Posted: Oct 10, 2009
I still like the Ctrl-click idea. It is intuitive for most people since Windows uses it to select multiple items in windows explorer.
gpzbc

Posted Sep 12, 2009 in: is this intended functionality?
  • gpzbc
  • Posted: Sep 12, 2009
Yes, repeat "with parent" is precisely what I need.
Yes, the section called "Repeating Tasks with Subtasks" answers all of my questions.
Yes, I'm a moron.
Yes, you have been very patient and helpful

Thanks.
gpzbc

• gpzbc
I may have figured it out.

It seems like the way to accomplish my set-up is to add child tasks with no due date, but set to repeat daily.

Here is what I am thinking will work:

Parent task --- due today --- repeat daily
child task --- no due date --- repeat daily
child task --- no due date --- repeat daily

It seems to me that it would be more intuitive for the child task to default to the parent task settings unless otherwise specified.

This message was edited Sep 12, 2009.
gpzbc

• gpzbc
I'm posting my question here because it is somewhat related. I'm having a hard time understanding subtasks behavior.

I have a parent task set to repeat daily. If I add multiple child task with no due date, will they follow the parent task?

For example: My parent task is "job search". My child tasks are particular job listings. As I search for a job at each site which is represented by a child task, I mark it as completed. However, at the end of the day, I mark job search completed regardless of how many child tasks I have actually completed.

In doing that I would like to start over with a fresh slate the next day. I would like the "job search" parent task to be intact with all of the original child tasks.

How do I accomplish this? I doesn't seem like I would need to assign due dates to all of the child tasks. Am I wrong?

Thanks
gpzbc

• gpzbc
  • Posted: Sep 11, 2009
I love reminders, but I would like a reminder at the due time for many of my tasks - not 15 minutes out. However, some of my tasks need more lead time. So I guess I would prefer the option for both.

Thank you!

This message was edited Sep 11, 2009.
gpzbc

Score: 3
  • gpzbc
  • Score: 3
I would love multi-edit without a search. The reason why is that I sometimes find myself editing multiple tasks that may not have any identifiable characteristics that are similar.

For example. I am currently trying to implement tags into my todo list. So I am selecting random tasks that I think should all have the same tag. Since a toodledo search can't see any similarities between them, I can't use the multi-edit tool to select them all and tag all of them. Instead, I have to do it one by one.

I like the idea of the "push pin" to select. Or even just a "ctrl-click" seems like it could work.
Thanks!

This message was edited Sep 11, 2009.
gpzbc

• gpzbc
Posted by Proximo:
Posted by Anders:
I'm pretty sure CalDAV or SyncML would solve the Thunderbird/Lighting issue as well.

BTW, I agree with you Proximo, but I think Toodledo does a pretty good job deciding what should be a basic feature and what should be Pro.

I know Toodledo does a great job of making these decisions.

I was just wondering how many free subscribers are willing to pay for the Pro version if it had the abilities they are asking for.

I would go Pro if Toodledo had Google Gears support.
gpzbc

• gpzbc
  • Posted: Sep 10, 2009
This is copied directly from the "Help" Section. It will answer most general questions.
http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php

"How do I delete a task?

There are three ways to delete a task.

1) The trashcan icon will be displayed next to completed tasks, so if you complete the task and then go to the "Recently Completed" tab, you will be able to delete a task.

2) Go to your account settings and look under "Fields Used". Put a checkmark next to "trashcan". You will now be able to delete any task by clicking the trash can next to the task.

3) Hover your mouse over the checkbox until the popup menu appears. Click the "Delete Task" link.

Be careful with deleting tasks, as there is no way to undelete them. If you accidentally deleted a task or think that a task was deleted by a third-party application, you can check your "Recently Deleted Tasks" list. This is located in your account settings at the bottom of the page."

And here is how to setup recurring tasks.
http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php

Hope that helps.

This message was edited Sep 10, 2009.
Skip to Page:  1   2      Next