Posted Dec 20, 2021 in: AMA / Ask me Anything
Score: 1
  • daniel_h
  • Posted: Dec 20, 2021
  • Score: 1
Hi,
Here are a few things i would love to see:

Siri integration, iOS and watch widgets
Batch edit selection not keyboard dependent. — on iPad using browser, but without keyboard. How to multi select from a list?
Saved views, including columns. — sometimes i only need to see a simple list, sometimes i want to see every detail
**nested folders** please. — Using folders for projects, and would love hierarchy so i can separate work spaces, etc..
Better tag management — link tags and goals to folders so that if a task is assigned to a folder, then certain tags and folders are automatically applied
**nested subtasks** — subtasks of subtasks of subtasks please
Checklists
I want to know what was changed when. When were comments added? When were contexts changed? Dates? Etc..
Integration with cloud storage i.e. box.com.
Markdown or other formatting in notes — checklists also

I hope to come back later with more!

Thanks!
daniel_h

Posted Dec 07, 2021 in: Folders, user guide
Score: 0
  • daniel_h
  • Posted: Dec 07, 2021
  • Score: 0
Hi,
I use the Star and Batch Edit for this procedure. The only other thing I use the Star for is to mark new tasks, so the normal state is to have no tasks Starred. So, I

Star every task i want to change
List Starred tasks
Batch edit the list to make the changes i want
(One of the changes i make to each task is to un-Star the tasks)

Of course, if you are using the Star for another purpose, this will not work. Hence, some people (like me) desire a check box to be used as a selection tool. Then we could Batch Edit selected tasks.
daniel_h

• daniel_h
  • Posted: Jun 08, 2014
this may be related to the ticket I submitted earlier today...
daniel_h

Posted Feb 04, 2014 in: Email notes possible?
  • daniel_h
  • Posted: Feb 04, 2014
:) thanks!!
daniel_h

Posted Feb 02, 2014 in: Email notes possible?
  • daniel_h
  • Posted: Feb 02, 2014
not optimal, but usable: copy and paste! select what you want to email and copy it into an email body. I don't even think this will be more cumbersome than an "in product" solution. even in toodledo, we would still have to select, click something to indicate email, and then compose the rest of the email. now, we have to select, two clicks for copy, paste, switch to email, send email. not as workflow stopping as some of the other things on the "list." like, hey, how about fixing TextExpander integration on iPhone??????
daniel_h

Posted Jan 27, 2014 in: Only 1 ticket per day - seriously???
  • daniel_h
  • Posted: Jan 27, 2014
Posted by Salgud:
It appears to me, though Jake may not want to say so outright, that he has decided the best way to increase profits is to expand TD horizontally rather than vertically, which means adding entirely new features, like Lists and Outlines, alongside TD's already considerably extensive task management features, and give relatively little effort to adding depth.

Having added new features, development efforts appear to be going more to giving some depth and better integration of these new features than to development of the task management side...

While this may be off topic, it seems this is where this thread is going. I am another long term user (always paid, and always at the highest level to support the "team"), that is sad to see the direction that Toodledo seems to have chosen.

I want to see the task management protocols deepened and developed: task dependency, sub-subtasks, even project management with Gantt charts, etc.

I do not need lists or outlines, and don't see that I ever will. I can definitely see that some people do want these things, but not all of us do. people have been saying, for as long as I have used the product (years and years) that they want the things that I mention above, as well as other task processing tools. please don't spend too much time with lists and outlines, evernote and other programs do it better. if need be, work on ways to integrate. other programs have...

thanks for listening...

This message was edited Jan 27, 2014.
daniel_h

Posted Jan 10, 2014 in: Open Links in New Page
  • daniel_h
  • Posted: Jan 10, 2014
and if you happen to use a mac trackpad, then tapping with two fingers instead of one achieves a right click...
daniel_h

Posted Dec 20, 2013 in: Toodledo's RSS feed problems
  • daniel_h
  • Posted: Dec 20, 2013
10 for me too...
daniel_h

Posted Dec 20, 2013 in: Toodledo Channel for IFTTT
Score: 4
  • daniel_h
  • Posted: Dec 20, 2013
  • Score: 4
and I would love to see a "context" trigger. when a collaborator adds a task to my workspace, the default is context="inbox." I suppose I could do the same with a tag...
daniel_h

Posted Dec 15, 2013 in: Remembers Password
  • daniel_h
  • Posted: Dec 15, 2013
just guessing: you're browser is saving the data. Chrome, safari, and other browsers offer the "feature" of remembering your passwords for you. check the settings of the browser you are using to see if this feature is turned on, and if the toodledo login is saved.
daniel_h

Posted Dec 09, 2013 in: Simple recurring task
  • daniel_h
  • Posted: Dec 09, 2013
you may have to go into "settings:fields used" and add "repeat" by checking its box.
daniel_h

Posted Dec 02, 2013 in: TextExpander Touch
  • daniel_h
  • Posted: Dec 02, 2013
so SmileSoftware has officially released their new TE Touch app. I checked their current list of compatible apps - zero!

I'm officially bummed. is letting us time/date stamp entries in the notes field on the horizon?
daniel_h

Posted Nov 28, 2013 in: Daily Activity Journal
  • daniel_h
  • Posted: Nov 28, 2013
while this is not "change tracking" as you suggest as a full feature, I do use the notes field as a running log. I put my notes in reverse chronological order (newest) at top, and time/date/initial stamp the entry. (I use initials so that I can tell which notes I have made and which my collaborating assistant has made).

unfortunately, there are two sight hinderances to this. since Toodledo does not have a time/date stamp in the notes field (even though they do in the "notes" section), I rely on a third party program: TextExpander. this works great, and does more than just this. however, since IOS 7, this has been broken on the iPhone app.

also, when clicking in the notes field on the web app, the cursor is (IMHO correctly) placed at the top of the note field. however, on the iOS app, the cursor is placed at the bottom of the field. the disparity makes choosing a uniform way of entering notes very inconvenient.
daniel_h

• daniel_h
  • Posted: Nov 28, 2013
I make parent tasks that I don't want in my lists to be "negative priority." then it is easy to filter them out.
daniel_h

• daniel_h
  • Posted: Nov 19, 2013
FWIW, I also use the hierarchy that Salgud posted, using all six levels. most of what I do lives in the task and subtask range. I try to always attach a goal, and group my folders for projects.

however, my goals have become unwieldily, and so I have started using tags more liberally, and will probably consolidate my goals to be easier and more intuitive. I'm starting to get that having less complexity is good, and I can spend more time doing rather than planning.
daniel_h

Posted Nov 16, 2013 in: TextExpander Touch
  • daniel_h
  • Posted: Nov 16, 2013
Posted by Jake:
You'll have to ask Text Expander what is wrong with their service. All I know is that when Text Expander is enabled, our app crashes any time a text expander snippet is activated.

I did contact the folks at TE. In essence, apple quashed a way that some apps were abusing the previous way of using snippets (persistent pasteboard), and changed to a different scheme ("shared snippet" reminder). they said that they had been contacted by toodledo, but were not able to achieve a fix before this toodledo release. they told me they have been waiting for the toodledo developer to contact them again, as they had started to get some good diagnostic data before the debugging stopped last week. I sure hope this happens soon!

OR, give us an easy way to date/time stamp (with initials) in the note field of tasks. this is what I use TE Touch for, almost exclusively. in fact, when I asked years ago how to get time/date stamps in toodledo notes, the official answer was maybe someday, but in the meantime use a program like TextExpander. Please give us this functionality, one way or the other! thanks!!!
daniel_h

Posted Nov 14, 2013 in: TextExpander Touch
  • daniel_h
  • Posted: Nov 14, 2013
ok, just installed the new release 3.2.1 (3506)
thanks for updates, but I still can't get textexpander touch to work in iPhone 5 with iOS 7. was this included in the update? if so, what settings do I need to check to ensure that it will work? thanks...
daniel_h

• daniel_h
  • Posted: Nov 12, 2013
hi,
I am posting here because the ticketing system won't let me post another ticket. paid for one level, shows correctly in upper right of web view, but not correct in settings screen.
daniel_h

Posted Nov 12, 2013 in: HOTLIST
  • daniel_h
  • Posted: Nov 12, 2013
sounds interesting. but please make this an OPTION so that I can still see my optionally due tasks on my hotlist... thanks!
daniel_h

Posted Nov 05, 2013 in: Silver, Gold, Platinum
  • daniel_h
  • Posted: Nov 05, 2013
Jake, still thinking about gold vs. platinum, and my renewal is coming up soon. I really don't have need for expanded storage, especially until the organization of files is improved. I'm not sure that the uptime guarantee is worth an extra $60/year/subscriber.

I'd really like to have a good reason to upgrade to platinum at my renewal. I'm really hoping that you consider adding a "super" priority ticket line, or some other kind of support based benefit to differentiate between gold and platinum. or maybe I'm missing some significant $60 value? please help me justify the jump to platinum!
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4      Next