ForumsNewsiOS app update - 3.0.2

iOS app update - 3.0.2
gregg.hemmen

Posted: Feb 26, 2013
Score: 3 Reference
Why does the new iPhone app run so slow. Cosmetic changes are ok. Speed or lack thereof is not ok. What's going on?

This message was edited Feb 26, 2013.
f_murray

Score: 2 Reference
I think that everyone here would like to get an update from Toodle-do. Please post the previous version so that those of us who have a non-usable app can downgrade.

Thank you.
kentpavelka

This is awful. Ipad 2...updated, tried to sync. Went through all the steps & fixes (including sync uninstall, reinstall, purge data)...screen frozen in the end. Useless app at this point on my I pad2.
eykanal

Score: 1 Reference
Thanks for all your hard work!

I upgraded Toodledo on my iPod (4th gen, 8 GB) and on my iPad (3rd gen, 64 GB, wi-fi), and it works great on both. I'm not noticing any of the slowdowns that the others are mentioning on either device. I'm enjoying this tremendously so far. Thanks!
northside.mobile

Score: 6 Reference
I have been a Pro Subscriber for years. This app update is the only thing that has ever made me consider switching services. I frequently switch between folders and contexts, etc. and now instead of a typical height list item on my iphone, I have a short row that upon clicking gives me my frequent choices only and if I want to see them all in 1 click, I have to click a tiny blue arrow. FULL HEIGHT LIST ITEM -vs- TINY BLUE CIRCLE THE SIZE OF A LOWERCASE LETTER "o" . I told the dev that I tried the new version when it came out (before it was reverted) and hated it; He said I should keep using the new design and hopefully it would grow on me. I use Toodledo to manage my company - not to go shopping or keep track of my favorite movies. The app was perfect and this dev is obviously doing nothing more than justifying his job, and screwing up an app that people depend on. Someone get these guys a jailbroken iphone and let them make some themes. LASTLY, if you are going to offer a paid subscription service, maybe you should have beta tested and let your paying customers decide if the changes are acceptable or even needed. I will be cancelling my Pro subscription if this is app is not reverted to the old design even if that means manually re-entering hundreds of tasks into a new system.

P.S. The fake reviews in the app store are not fooling anyone.
Christoph Dollis

Score: -1 Reference
If anyone wants to backup any or all of their apps before doing an upgrade, you can download a program called iFunBox for this purpose. It also works as a great iPhone or iPad file browser and means you don't have to use iTunes to transfer files, music, photos, etc. It's much easier to use than iTunes for this purpose.

I assume it's OK with Apple on some level, since the developer of iFunBox also produces the iFileExpress app in the Apple iOS app store. It works with either iFunBox or iTunes.

iFunBox (Windows or Mac) and iFileExpress are free.

Personally, I LOVE Toodledo ... I'm literally staying with iOS because of it ... I've built my whole system of action-planning around it ... but I *need* the speed of version 2.x of the Toodledo app. Fortunately, I backed it up before upgrading to version 3.0.2; I was able to downgrade to version 3.0.1 -- which is essentially the same as the last minor version of version 2.

This message was edited Feb 26, 2013.
f_murray

The question still remains - is anything being done about this flawed update?
gilreath

Score: -1 Reference
OK. Pro Subscriber for more than a couple years here.

New Interface. I think it's fine. In some ways better.

BUT ALL I REALLY WANTED were my custom searches from the Website version. Give me the old one (which I could read without my reading glasses - yes, I'm "old" <over 50>) with one more bar for "custom searches".

Even if I can only create them on the website and copy them over.
northside.mobile

Posted by f_murray:

Yes. They are posting more 4 and 5 star reviews in the app store to compete with the real world users who are giving it 1 star. Check it out; reviews are pouring in raving about the new interface. Fix the app, not your app store rating.

I just bought the $5.00 app "Todo" (mostly out of principal) and it seems to sync pretty well and it looks and feels like an iOS app. It has terrible reviews right now (also) because they dropped support for Outlook syncing on Windows but that is not a requirement for me. To be honest, I prefer the 2.0 (or 3.0.1) version of the official Toodledo app over Todo so downgrading was still the best option for me right now.
f_murray

Posted by northside.mobile:
Posted by f_murray:

Yes. They are posting more 4 and 5 star reviews in the app store to compete with the real world users who are giving it 1 star. Check it out; reviews are pouring in raving about the new interface. Fix the app, not your app store rating.

I just bought the $5.00 app "Todo" (mostly out of principal) and it seems to sync pretty well and it looks and feels like an iOS app. It has terrible reviews right now (also) because they dropped support for Outlook syncing on Windows but that is not a requirement for me. To be honest, I prefer the 2.0 (or 3.0.1) version of the official Toodledo app over Todo so downgrading was still the best option for me right now.

Sweet! That is the answer - post more positive reviews. And now I am left with a non-functioning app that I paid for and well as subscribed to Pro level. What a load!!!
corlebar

Score: -3 Reference
Well done Jake and team - you listen and attend. much more cheery on both iphone and ipad. Does what it says on the tin - what more can we ask. There is always going to be improvement and tweaks but this is the right upgrade and a great new way forward.
tim

Same thing on mine, phone works fine buit Ipad is useless, tried all fixes and none work, still will not open up and crashes

Posted by kentpavelka:
This is awful. Ipad 2...updated, tried to sync. Went through all the steps & fixes (including sync uninstall, reinstall, purge data)...screen frozen in the end. Useless app at this point on my I pad2.
gtrevor

Unfortunately for me this has gone to being completely unusable again... Takes about 30 seconds to load up and sync, and whilst you are waiting for the sync to happen the app is just not responsive .. Same happens with any edits that require a sync....

New layout is ok but not really an enhancement over the old one... One feature that is missing is the startup page - I've always had this to be the date view of tasks, for some reason this option has now been removed ?!!

Overall unfortunately a huge steps backwards again and virtually unusable as so slow!

Running an iPad 3 .. Not happy!!
tgoins

Does anyone know how long Version 3.0.1 will be supported? I haven't upgrade or maybe better said "down-graded" up to 3.0.2 yet and soundfs like I had better not, at least not yet.
brage.strand

Score: 5 Reference
What is new in this app? Basically the same, but just more clicks to get somewhere :/

I would like to get:
* Custom search
* More flexible filtering and sort: Why cant i have different sort in my Hotlist and on my Priority view?
Simon Fincham

Score: 0 Reference
I'm relatively relaxed and happy with the 3.0.2 update; it does seem to have some minor issues which I am sure can be redressed.

I can't any longer find the 'Timer' field in the iPhone app, however, it still exists in the iPad app?

I do also find that the app seems to 'hang' and enter a stalled state which didn't happen on the previous release. The longest hang is during sync where the interface becomes locked not actually during the sync but when the status bar confirms sync is complete; until that disappears it's not possible to do anything with the interface.

I am also finding the interface a combination of strangely oversensitive and unduly non responsive. For example, if I have a repeating task and want to complete it sometimes I tap near to the checkbox by mistake and immediately the task is completed by mistake; on the other hand some times I am trying to complete a task and it doesn't seem to accept a valid tap to mark the checkbox. I've already had a few instances where I've completed tasks I didn't want to because of this and I'm having to be extra careful until this is fixed up!

I'd quite like to be able to long-tap on a task and have some context options like 'Complete', 'Postpone' etc
gtrevor

Just as a quick update, I have now purged the data for all completed tasks over a month old and the responsiveness has improved a lot - maybe this is what's causing the slowness for longer term users, and new users aren't experiencing this???
northside.mobile

Posted by tgoins:
Does anyone know how long Version 3.0.1 will be supported? I haven't upgrade or maybe better said "down-graded" up to 3.0.2 yet and soundfs like I had better not, at least not yet.

Inevitably an iOS update will break compatibility with the app but it is impossible to say when.

The website may stop syncing properly with 3.0.1 in the future but only Jake or a Toodle-dev can answer that (Jake?)

For now I would recommend:

1. Open iTunes
2. Go to Apps page
3. Find Toodledo
4. Right click and select option to view in explorer (Windows)
5. Copy the .ipa to your desktop or somewhere safe in case you ever accidentally update and need to revert
gav

I hate the new version. It's so cluttered and confusing. Why did you change it?!
Purveyor

Score: 0 Reference
gav, a new version was introduced on November 29:
Version 3.0

It was withdrawn on December 11:
Toodledo downgraded.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.