ForumsNewsNew Section: Lists

New Section: Lists
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 17, 2013
Score: 0 Reference
Today we are excited to take the covers off our latest addition to Toodledo:

Lists

This is an entirely new section on Toodledo; you'll see the tab for it at the top of the page. This new section is a place for you to make customizable lists for specific purposes. Use it like a spreadsheet or use it to create packing lists, dieting logs, or an address books. Make a list to remember your favorite restaurants, or keep an inventory of your coin collection. For each list, you can customize the number and type of columns, with more than 20 different column types to choose from: text, number, date, rating, price, etc.

We've been using this internally and with beta testers for a few months, and we've had really positive feedback. To get started, please check out our tutorial video and sample lists available inside the Lists section.

Lists can be also attached to tasks (if you have a Gold Subscription), so you can link your packing list to your vacation task, or link a list of addresses to your task for sending out party invitations. This makes it convenient to quickly jump from a task to the List that it references.

We hope that this new tool will help you be more organized and productive.
vivendom.budget

THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
vivendom.budget

Is there any limit for list storage as we have on folders,outlines,etc...?
Scott Buscemi

Score: 12 Reference
When will this be coming to the iOS app? Very nice to have everything consolidated into one service -- ToodleDo!

This message was edited Sep 17, 2013.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
The current limits are 100 Lists and 1000 items per list, although we may adjust this based on usage.

Both Lists and Outlines will be coming to iOS in the future.
Shayne.Tanner

how do I link to my list to a task?

UPDATED - I worked it out - attachments!

Thanks

allan_1310296117

Can a list be printed?

allan_1310296117

Any way to add multiple items to a list rather than individually?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
You can use your browser built in print function to print any list. We will be optimizing print in a later update.

You can add multiple items by importing them from a CSV file. Use the icon in the top right corner of the List screen to import rows from a file.
Axl.l

Posted: Sep 18, 2013
Score: 1 Reference
Jake,
I LOVE the lists! Than you! I upgraded from Silver to Gold JUST for the list feature!

I have a LIST of comments below :-)

Comment 1.
I'm missing ONE type of column: SEQUENCE
The 'sequence' column should be drag and drop AND have a dropdown/type to choose the sequence.

Comment 2.
How do I uncheck ALL rows? Suggestion: Add a choice in the "Edit column" menu e.g. "Delete all content of column".

Say "Thank you" to the rest of the team!
ykphuah

Looking forward for this in the API.
cristian.llamas

Nice, I used to create specific task folders for lists, so this looks like a no-brainer addition.

It's good to see that you guys keep updating the service. I'm a happy paying customer!
liz.mk

Score: 4 Reference
As an obsessive list-maker, I LOVE the outlines and the new list function, and I will be very happy when the functionality comes to the iOS version.

The feature I would like to see is the combination outline/list so that I could create a hierarchical list.

This message was edited Sep 18, 2013.
DeeDee

Score: 2 Reference
I just love this new feature though it won't be useful for me until it comes to iOS.
Good job, thank you!
Ann M

Score: 3 Reference
Posted by DeeDee:
I just love this new feature though it won't be useful for me until it comes to iOS.
Good job, thank you!

Agreed!
neildurant

Score: 11 Reference
Posted by DeeDee:
Good job, thank you!

I feel the same - super useful new feature, but I'm probably not going to be able to use it until it's accessible via my Android phone, which I do most of my ToodleDoing on, which I guess means waiting for an API and waiting for 3rd party developers to get round to implementing it, if they ever do....

Isn't it time for an official ToodleDo Android app? :)
1973westgray

Having a lot of trouble importing list from Excel file, getting error message no matter the configuration.

This message was edited Sep 18, 2013.
vivendom.budget

Limits cutting an incredible functionallity

After 6 years using Toodledo we can say that now we have all the functionallity here because Outlines and Lists are perfect, but we still have the same old problem:

100 lists/outlines limitation are so poor for team work pourposes.

You are thinking on lists/outlines as templates used by diferent tasks but i am sure that a lot of teams working on Toodledo think on maintaining all the information in each task as we can do with notes where limit is 10.000 according with 20.000 tasks limitation.

Of course we are using the same outline/list template on diferent tasks but we need to mantain "the instance" after using those templates on each task.

The idea is that diferent tasks could share the most part of columns on a list using the same template, but there are other columns with values that only take sense on a particular task.

Increasing storage is not critic enought for upgrading our accounts, but if you increase those limits in a significant way we'll have no doubt on paying for that.

Jake, i hope that you understand us and we apreciate a lot your comments.

Thank you !
kralon20

Score: 1 Reference
Lists in Toodledo just replaced using Evernote for lists. Outlines will ultimately replace Workflowy outlines but need a little better printing and emailing presentation. The bullets disappear when exporting or printing and it's reverts to plain text. Looks like a DOS print out. And the "focus" feature on Workflowy is terrific to zero in on one segment of a an outline. And I agree with others, regular subtasks should work like outline. All that being said, I will be renewing my Silver membership again for the third time. Nothing like Toodledo out there for overall ease of use, customization and now multiple tools in one place. Also love the ability to add reminders to my iPhone and have them sync to TD.
Jeffrey Epstein

Score: 2 Reference
Love love love this feature. I don't need googledocs or evernote anymore with all the new features. I will be opening toodledo on my phone in my browser so I can use these features.

FEATURE REQUEST - Create a way to add an item to a list from
email.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.