ForumsNewsToodledo Channel for IFTTT

Toodledo Channel for IFTTT
endofdays_old

Posted: Jan 07, 2014
Score: 0 Reference
Thanks for this. Adding IFTTT significantly increases the value of Toodledo for my GTD flow. I can now move actions I was capturing to Evernote directly into Toodledo - my preferred action capture system.

To maximize the utility I'd like to have Action Fields for Start Date (with Default = Today) and Context. This would help fit recipes like Watch YouTube Later more directly into my GTD flow bypassing Inbox processing for this type of activity.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 07, 2014
Thanks for the suggestions. We do not comment on timeframes for implementation, but these are on our to-do list.

Thanks
Jason Bushell

Posted: Jan 08, 2014
Absolutely fantastic.
Jason Bushell

Whats the speed of IFTTT like?

i.e How often does it ping the TD servers to see if I have a new task?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
IFTTT appears to have a 15 minute timer, but you'd have to ask IFTTT for a definitive answer.
Paula_99

Posted: Jan 11, 2014
Score: 1 Reference
Ran my first Gmail with "todo" label to Toodledo and it worked like a charm! SO glad you guys finally implemented this.

Maybe this is available, but I couldn't figure it out. The recipe I copied was https://ifttt.com/recipes/135200. It captures everything but the link back to the Gmail message (there's a file link but that goes back to IFTTT, so I think that may be wrong too.)

Is there a field or ingredient I can add to make sure that source (in this case, the Gmail URL) is captured too?

Thanks!

PS - Adding Toodledo as an IFTTT channel just might get my friend (who just signed up for Nozbe) to make the switch. Good work!

This message was edited Jan 11, 2014.
Sasquatch519

Posted: Jan 15, 2014
Great news indeed. Would like to see a new Trigger for "task past due" and an update to the Add a Task Action to be able to set a due date/time.
Simon.cuff1

Posted: Jan 18, 2014
Can I create a recipe to let me know when IFTTT is working?

All I have had returned for over a week from the IFTTT site is:

'Our apologies. Something isn’t working quite right. Thank you for your patience as we work to fix this error. "
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 18, 2014
If IFTTT isn't working, please contact IFTTT. They will be happy to help you.
Web

Posted: Jan 20, 2014
+1 for context. This will be create for adding tasks on the go via Siri.

(In the meantime, I'll attempt to do this via the email add function.)

Thanks!

This message was edited Jan 20, 2014.
Simon.cuff1

Posted: Jan 22, 2014
Posted by Jake:
If IFTTT isn't working, please contact IFTTT. They will be happy to help you.

I think they must know about it, else they wouldn't have posted the message.
gilreath

Posted: Feb 10, 2014
With respect to the message "'Our apologies. Something isn’t working quite right. Thank you for your patience as we work to fix this error. "

I only see this in Safari. Not in Chrome. While I prefer Safari, it simply doesn't seem to work correctly with IFTTT.

But love having Toodle Do as a Channel!
Jason Bushell

Posted: Feb 26, 2014
I'd really appreciate having Time Completed as an option to add to the output.

I log tasks to a spreadsheet, and having time completed would be very beneficial.
kordi82

Posted: Mar 09, 2014
I have another suggestion.

Please add an ability in IFTTT to add files from dropbox to toodledo for Gold users. I would really love to use toodledo with files but your webpage interface is a little clumsy and lacks ability to add files from mobile devices. If I had option in IFTTT I would mostl likely buy gold subscription.
JasonDLehman

Posted: Mar 16, 2014
Jake, two questions:

1. The IFTTT recipe that I'm using for new starred Gmails is successfully sending emails to my ToodleDo account and creating new tasks. It is properly setting the Priority and Folder via the dropdowns in the recipe, however there is no dropdown for Due Date (or anything else). I assume is simply just because they haven't been added to the channel/interface yet?

2. Having said that, I am trying to set the Due Date using the email syntax per the ToodleDo help page. My IFTTT subject line is:

Handle Email -- {{FromAddress}} - {{Subject}} - {{ReceivedAt}} #today

Unfortunately when it creates the task, it is not parsing the #today tag and just keeps it as a literal part of the task name. This is strange because when I send an email to my ToodleDo account from Gmail with this tag, it parses properly. So there seems to be something strange going on with how ToodleDo is parsing IFTTT-specific emails. Any thoughts?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 17, 2014
Can you please create a support ticket for this so that we can look into your account and see what the problem is?

Thanks
Jason Bushell

Posted: Mar 18, 2014
Its probably because the task is generated by the TD API, and not actually being handled by the email parser.
uttsjs

Posted: Jun 25, 2014
Do you need to have Reminders Syncing turned on in order for the IFTTT IOS Reminders to Toodledo to work? I wasn't getting IOS-Toodle to sync until I enabled it but then everything comes over, not just specific tasks in a Reminders List.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 25, 2014
Toodledo can import Reminders directly without the need for IFTTT. That is what you turned on. If you prefer to use IFTTT to import only certain reminders then you should turn off the direct import inside our app and use IFTTT instead. If IFTTT isn't working, you'll need to contact IFTTT for assistance with fixing your recipe.
lizzysparks

Posted: Jul 24, 2014
Awesome. One question though, I tried to create a recipe that puts a task with a due date on my google calendar. It works great, but is there any way to get it to show up at a specific time, or as an all day event, or as a task...anything so that it isn't burried at midnight and not visible in my normal view? Thanks!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.