ForumsNewsAnd we're back! (from a very prolonged outage)

And we're back! (from a very prolonged outage)
Hugh O'Donnell

Posted: Jun 11, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Thanks for the hard work and professional handling of this situation. I've never been involved with the forums before, nor have I deeply explored the features of Toodledo, but reading the comments above has prodded me to make better use of this tool.

I upgraded to Pro because I didn't feel right using the service without giving something in return. I would not have bailed out over this issue. (All of us are always learning, and sometimes it's painful.) But thanks for the extra month. I'll put it to better use than I have been so far.

Looking forward to seeing Toodledo prosper!

-Hugh
shb605

Good job in a tough situation. I'm thinking of getting the pro subscription! You demonstrated dedication and excellent customer communication, and I really appreciate it. Bad things happen to computers sometimes, but you got us up and running again!
snowowle

Kudos and thanks for the updates along the way.
maliksooch

Score: 1 Reference
I have been nervous about using your service, since I find myself becoming so dependent on it. I have put a great deal of information into Toodledo.

The crash did cause me inconvenience and hurt my productivity, but I do appreciate your full disclosure and updates.

I hope you plan to be in business forever, will keep improving your reliability and product, and will make substantial improvements based on your experience with this.

Best,

Malik
sute

Thanks
kevin

^_^ Yay

I can do stuff
andygapin

Don't sweat it. Crap happens. Nothing was lost, no big deal. Not having my todo list for a few hours was annoying, but worse things have happened. Luckily, I was still able to use what I had cached on my iPhone.

I'll be sticking around.
dktom

Jake, I hope that you get more business as a result of this unfortunate event from folk who can see you are serious about your customers. Clearly you are a person of high integrity and have handled the situation with utter speed and professionalism. Thank you for such a useful solution which has replaced all manner of database solutions that rely on me being fixed to one machine. Toodledo does it for me with enough customization without being over complicated. I use the app on the road on my ipod touch, in front of customers and with suppliers to find data and update data, I then get infront of my office PC or my macbook at home and bingo the data is there ! It trounces ical and mail note syncing and I can copy and paste from it into word, excel, numbers, pages etc. I feel sure that you will implement the necessary technology to help prevent a reoccurrence. In the meantime I am going nowhere ! Thanks again. Tom Ashworth Cambridge UK
Nick

Just wanted to add my appreciation about the way this was handled. I was terrified it was going to be another ma.gnolia!
dan

Jake,
Class act. Appreciate the honesty and transparency from the start. Laying it all out there and taking responsibility requires courage rarely seen these days.

Thank you!
Dan
Neshi

Score: 1 Reference
Great job getting everything back up and running.
cburkins

Score: -1 Reference
Outages like this happen from time to time, and this isn't the first time it's happened to Rackspace. I've done business with several managed hosting companies, including RS, and I'll tell you I've never found anyone better than Rackspace. They are imperfect, but they usually try very hard to make it right.

Now toodledo is in the same place. Imperfect, but working very hard to make it right. You're human and so are we, so that's all we can ask.

Well done on the recovery. You'll have to mess up a lot more than that to lose my subscription.

-Chuck
takw2ks

Thank for the your hard work.My tasks is Back.
But....
After This,I can't use 2-byte characters.
Japanese HIRAGANA KATAKANA KANJI....
Input on browser?Firefox,Windows Vista and Safari,Mac OSX?
2-byte characters are garbling ????????.
Dennis

I am sure gald you got it to work again. It was a difficult day and made me realize how much I apreciate your tool. I already was thinking about getting a Pro account. Now I know for sure.Thanks!

This message was edited Jun 11, 2009.
vbinetruy

I am brand new to Toodledo and I really appreciated the way you handled the crisis (apart from the famous "soviet" white sscreen ;-). I may quickly go for a Pro subsription. Thank you !
ejbruner

Based on your customers' responses here and throughout the forums since I've joined, and based on how you run your business - I sincerely doubt there will be much in the way of refunds and the like - in fact, I think the opposite!

I survived today with the iphone and my printed booklet. I may back up to CSV more often in the future, but I'm thrilled you all got the data back for those customers who have much more data than I do for sure...

You're still the one... (just gave away my age!).
Jake

Toodledo Founder
A few replies:

So far, no refunds. I'm amazed. Thanks again, everyone, for all your support. It has made this much easier to deal with emotionally.

I forget who mentioned it, but yes, I did have a panicky thought about following in Ma.gnolia's footsteps last night.

Also, takizoo63kk and several others reported that UTF8 characters (like Japanese) were not saving properly after coming back online. This has been corrected.

Anders

I'm not surprised that no one wants a refund yet. I don't think that situation could have been handled much better. Toodledo's propensity for forgoing more common customer relations strategies, and instead employing honesty and hard work is one of the many reasons that I believe so many people embrace this website. Thank you for not letting us down.
Dextrone

Hmm, great work again.
Hopefully, you'll learn just like the time that my data was unexpectedly wiped.....

This also motivated me to take preventive measures for my other data. (I use 3 different backup services and my own on site backup.....) However, if a change is made, it is synced to all 4 places, and if I say delete a file, then I only have 2 places to recover that file. If for any reason one of them is down, the other is my last hope, but even then, I need a time machine like approach.

But beyond my story, it seems that I can at least trust Toodledo unlike my old hosting provider that disappeared from the world, and I had no backups.

Really, this is the first online service I EVER paid for.....it glues my day together.
NOW, if only we could create a new protocol for this....like google is doing with the wave......?
Microsoft made Exchange, but this can also be one!
I wouldn't mind paying for something like this. Exchange has no where a good interface for anything but email.

-Hoping for a future that is more open and flexible. You kept it open, now add more features and a desktop client!

xf198485

No doubt you worked feverishly to get this back on the web. I'm not totally reliant on Toodledo like some but luckily I printed out my crucial tasks a day ago so I wasn't affected.

Keep up the good work and by keeping everyone informed or showing care factor, is a guarantee that good things will happen in the future.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.