ForumsNews2009 In Review

2009 In Review
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 27, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Happy Holidays!

2009 was a busy and challenging year for Toodledo.

At the beginning of the year, we moved our offices from Seattle, Washington to San Diego, California. We lost a little productivity time with the move, but we now have a constant morale boost from the sunnier weather.

This year, we experienced over 300% growth, which caused us to outgrow our servers twice. Welcome to all of our new Toodledoers!

Our biggest challenge occurred in the middle of the year when our service provider had several power outages that caused us to be offline for several hours. As a result of our growth and server issues, we spent a lot of time this year working on our hardware infrastructure to ensure that we can grow easier in the future and that we have increased redundancy and reliability.

In spite off all this time spent working behind the scenes, we did manage to release a ton of improvements to Toodledo that you may have noticed:

*Greatly enhanced the ability to get reminders for tasks that are due soon, with adjustable leadtimes, reminders to multiple locations and support for instant push reminders to the iPhone.
*Manual sorting of subtasks.
*Big enhancements to how dates and times are handled, with the addition of a new popup calendar with quick dates, combining dates with times, and the addition of the "start time" field.
*Added ability for a task to repeat from the start date.
*Added the ability to duplicate or clone an existing task.
*Many more third-party apps that work with Toodledo were created. Some notable ones: TaskJot (blackberry), Nuevasync (Windows Mobile, Nokia, Palm Pre), Active Words (PC)
*Added the ability to add a subtask directly to a task without using drag and drop.
*Added a Gmail Gadget.
*Added ability to have subtasks nested by default.
*Support Tickets were added to allow our customers to get one-on-one help.
*The default values that you can set for new tasks were made to work on our slim website, simple website, multiple-add page, and various gadgets.
*Speed improvements to searching.
*Emailing a task into Toodledo was enhanced with more fields that can be set, file attachments (for Pro Plus users), UTF8 support, and support for CCing or BCCing Toodledo.
*Adding tasks via Twitter was improved to support more settable fields.
*Added support for the following new web browsers: Google Chrome, Internet Explorer 8, Opera 10.
*Enhanced options for sorting your lists.
*Your work week can now start on a Sunday or Monday.
*Improvements to iCal support for syncing with calendars, importing and exporting.
*Added the ability to see your recent account activity.
*Added the ability to see your recently deleted tasks.
*Improvements to keyboard shortcuts.
*Improvements to task RSS feeds.
*Improvements to the forums, including post icons, a "mark all as read" button, post rating, profile improvements, and a watchlist.
*Improvements to our Import and Export tools.
*The "Open/Close Dividers" feature now remembers its position.
*Booklets can now be printed on A4 paper.
*The Calendar page was improved and enhanced.
*Quicksearch was optimized and improved.
*Added the ability to give Toodledo as a gift.
*Our slim mini-site now works for Palm Pre and Android phones.
*And literally hundreds of additional small improvements and bug fixes.

We also worked very hard to improve our iPhone App, which was rated 4.5 out of 5 by MacWorld magazine, and which has consistently been in the top 20 ranked productivity apps on the iTunes App Store.

*Added support for push notifications to receive popup reminders for tasks due soon, with 20 different alert sounds to pick from.
*Cut/Copy/Paste support.
*Added ability to instantly sync edits with "Sync on Edit" feature.
*Smart tag picker.
*Added more sorting options.
*Adding a task is now much faster.
*URLs and phone numbers in notes are now clickable.
*Editing tasks is now faster and easier.
*Added the "start time" field.
*Support for landscape mode.
*Ability to sync the timezone between the iPhone and website (useful for frequent travelers).
*Filter will now show how many tasks are filtered out.
*And a bunch of additional small improvements and bug fixes.

Wow! We need a vacation!

We appreciate all the support and suggestions that we have received from everyone. We are striving to make Toodledo the best productivity tool on the internet, and we have big plans for 2010 and beyond. Thanks to everyone for making Toodledo a success.

Happy New Year!

This message was edited Jan 05, 2010.
Vin Thomas

I am very happy with all the improvements to the service over the last year. I look forward to a very productive year for 2010 as well!

Thanks for the service.

PS. You might want to fix the formatting above.
WizOne Solutions

I see there's a new third-party app for Android, but I'd really love to see a "first-party" one too. It took the release of the Motorola Droid to make more application providers care about Android, but it seems to finally be taking off. Any plans you can reveal about that?
PeterW 

I found Toodledo after purchasing Appigo Todo for my iPhone. I'm now a subscriber and very very happy with the service.
gavinjamespearson

Score: 1 Reference
I have been using Toodledo for over 6 months now. I can surely say it is the best productivity app on the web and the excellent iPhone app makes it all the more better.

Thanks Toodledo Team!
Proximo

Posted: Dec 28, 2009
Well done Toodledo.

I know it's been a very busy year for you and the growth has been very positive.

Congratulations on the growth and wish you the best moving forward into 2010.

I use Toodledo on a daily basis and now with my iPhone I find myself using it almost hourly. Looking forward to a productive 2010.
John Thompson

Posted: Dec 30, 2009
My most sincere and heartfelt congratulations to the Toodledo Team for an amazingly successful 2009. Toodledo has had a significant and measurable positive impact to my ability to be productive at work and at home.

Best wishes for the new year!
Alan

Posted: Dec 30, 2009
Score: 1 Reference
Thanks for all of the work you do to make this the Todo web app with the most functionality there is!

I read reviews of Toodledo and most reviews mention that the web interface is the weakest element of the package. Do you have plans to overhaul the interface sometime during 2010?
tim.morgan

Posted: Dec 31, 2009
I would agree with all the comments above. A fantastic application that has exceeded my expectations. Excellent value for money.

I'm really not sure how I could live without it.
acheri

Posted: Jan 01, 2010
Thank you very much for your hard amazing work :-) I wish you many successfull years like was this one and happy satisfied customers like I am:-)
Christopher Guillou

Posted: Jan 04, 2010
Great job in 2009 keep it up in 2010 :-D
anthonyginepro

Posted: Jan 05, 2010
Nice work !
Is there a roadmap or public todo list for 2010 features ?
Would be great and a nice way to show off ToodleDo.
ejbruner

Posted by anthonyginepro:
Nice work !
Is there a roadmap or public todo list for 2010 features ?
Would be great and a nice way to show off ToodleDo.

I also think a high-level, informal roadmap would be helpful. It was great 2009 and I love all the positive enthusiasm/assistance in these forums.

I am watching all of the GTD discussions and the great suggestions from your users, but I often put off re-arranging my folders and so forth because I am afraid a new feature will come out that might invalidate the new structure.

For example, There has been discussion around subtasks including layered nesting of tasks for example (like an outlining tool that but that has due date/priority at the top level based on the most urgent nested task) - not sure if/when this might be on the list - if not or if not now, no problem. If so, I might wait to put energy into organization of my setup until then...

I respect your wishes not to be held to schedules that are put out so far into the future and then people criticizing about due dates and so forth and your need to be nimble/fexible, but there might be a happy medium...
Jake

Toodledo Founder
It is our policy to not talk about roadmaps or deadlines for any future features. I know people don't like this, but it's important for us to keep it this way to maintain flexibility.

That said, we do have a bunch of exciting things that we hope to accomplish this year.
Fernando Barajas

"It is our policy to not talk about roadmaps"

Good for you! That way you can stay above your competitors. If you publish a roadmap, you're giving away privileged information to your competitors.
todd_bass

"but we now have a constant moral boost from the sunnier weather"

"Morale" boost, I think you meant to say - unless, of course, Toodledo employees are sun worshippers in either the literal or figurative sense.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
:)

We have spell checkers and grammar checkers, why not "out of context" checkers.
Linden

Thanks so much for building this amazing tool.

I bought a simple Palm PDA two years ago, to help implement GTD, but it turned out not to be flexible or powerful enough.

I can't recall how I discovered Toodledo last February, but it's been brilliant! Not only is it an incredibly handy tool for implementing GTD, but it's got enough flexibility to accommodate shifts in my setup whenever I reach a new understanding of GTD that calls for updates.

All the best for 2010!
javierplumey

Posted by Toodledo:
It is our policy to not talk about roadmaps or deadlines for any future features. I know people don't like this, but it's important for us to keep it this way to maintain flexibility.

That said, we do have a bunch of exciting things that we hope to accomplish this year.

That's good, just don't get all secretive like the fools over at RTM. That's why I left them in the first place.
johnch

Posted: Jan 06, 2010
Happy New Year to all happy Toodledo users around the globe!

Now, as a Pro subscriber, I would appreciate to have the iPhone application for free. You should consider adding it to the benefits. It would be a nice gesture.

Thanks!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.