ForumsNewsiOS App Version 2.1.3 Released

iOS App Version 2.1.3 Released
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 14, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Version 2.1.3 of our iOS App has been released. Here is a list of what is new and fixed:

✔ List loading and scrolling has been greatly optimized, so navigation should be much faster now.
✔ It is now possible to get audible reminders when you are nearby locations where you can get stuff done.
For example, suppose you need to buy bread from the grocery store on the way home from work.
Maybe you'll forget? Not with Toodledo. When you get near the grocery store,
Toodledo will beep and let you know that you have something to do nearby.
✔ Added a "Announcements" page to the settings section to read release notes and important information.
✔ Addition of Dutch translation and improvements to other translations.

✔ Fixed bug with non-english characters being displayed incorrectly on list dividers.
✔ Fixed bug where reminder field was not visible in some situations
✔ Fixed bug with "hide future tasks" filter not working when due-date field wasn't used.
✔ Fixed bug with 5 second freeze at launch when using local alarms with more than 50 alarms set.
✔ Fixed other miscellaneous bugs and crashes

App Store

If Toodledo helps you be more productive, please consider giving us a rating/review in the iTunes App Store. Even if you have rated us before, you can rate us again with each new update that we release. It really does help us to have good ratings.

Thanks

UPDATE: Version 2.1.4 is out with these fixes

✔ Fixed bug with due-date "quick dates" showing the selected date off by 1 day in some timezones
✔ Fixed bug where sorting by "date added" may have caused the list to appear empty
✔ Fixed bug where sorting by "tag" would not work correctly if you have the same tag used with different capitalizations in different places.
✔ Fixed bug where tag list may not show all the tasks that match that tag.

This message was edited Dec 20, 2010.
farmerchris

Hi! Do you use the GPS or the cell-tower based Significant Location Update service for background location tracking? I'm looking to understand the effect this will have on battery life. Thanks.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We use the battery saving "Significant Location Update" service.
johnwin

Is there any sign of adding the ability to assign a context to a particular location? This would be a great improvement to the current location function. The need to assign locations to each next action is a bit cumbersom.

Great update though, thanks.

This message was edited Dec 14, 2010.
kentfieldapartments

Posted: Dec 15, 2010
The latest version is unusable for me. I make extensive use of tags and Toodledo no longer shows the correct information when I try to display items with a given tag.

1. Choose 'Tags' from the home screen. At this point, the list of tags appears correct as are the number of items associated with that tag.

2. touch a tag to display the list of items with that tag. For a lot of my tags, the item list is empty even though the previous page indicated that there were some. Sometimes, one or two of the items show up but not others.

I think the problem is that you're only displaying items where the given tag is first in the tag string. For instance, if you search for the tag 'foo' then you'll get items where the tag string is "foo", and "foo, bar", but not items where the string is "bar, foo".

Previous versions had a bug where searching for the tag 'foo' returned all items that had a tag that began with the string 'foo'. Instead of just getting 'foo', you'd get the tags foo1 ,foo2, etc , as well. This bug seems to be fixed now but it seems to have caused the other problem which is a lot more serious. I like toodledo a lot but its fairly unusable in this state.
werner.rutten

Is there a possibility to keep the English version; I now have everything in Dutch on the iPhone and in English on the web.
I prefer everything in English (shorter texts!)
epaga

In the Location part in settings i only See "Auto" or "Manual", but no switch for getting alarms when the location changes to one that contains tasks. This is on my ipod touch and my ipad. Is GPS a requirement? Or am I looking in the wrong place?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
@kentfieldapartments We can't replicate this. Can you please open a support ticket and provide some additional information about what filters you have on and what you are sorting by?

@werner.rutten Currently, the language is a set by the iPhone settings. If you have your iphone set to Dutch, then our app will also use Dutch. We plan to allow you to override the system language inside the app, in a future update.

@epaga GPS or 3G is a requirement for location alerts because we have to know where you are.

This message was edited Dec 15, 2010.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Score: 1 Reference
Ok, we have now discovered that if you sort by "date-added" in combination with sorting by folder, context, goal or location, the list will appear empty. We will get this fixed soon, but in the meantime please avoid sorting your list by this combination.

There are 2,208,000 different combination of sort fields, directions and filters. We are unable to test them all, which is how this bug slipped through. I do apologize. We are working on a testing program that can automatically test all the combinations so that we can verify that they all work in the future.
kentfieldapartments

My problem was fixed by substituting "," for all instances of ", " in each of my tag strings. Older versions of toodledo separated tags by with a comma followed by a space and the current version uses only a comma.
Captain_Obvious

Posted: Dec 16, 2010
Score: -9 Reference
Posted by Toodledo:
if you sort by "date-added" in combination with sorting by folder, context, goal or location, the list will appear empty.

There are 2,208,000 different combination of sort fields, directions and filters. ???

Nothing surprising, Every release you make has bugs often unrelated to the feature you touched.

I really hope Jake is not at developing the iPhone apps again,,, There's a dedicated iOS developer, Right ?

While you're at fixing the "sort by date added" why not make "recently added" to sort that way too !? as requested numerous time. http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/7577/0/-what-is-recently-added-completed-and-modified-.html

@werner.rutten Currently, the language is a set by the iPhone settings. If you have your iphone set to Dutch, then our app will also use Dutch. We plan to allow you to override the system language inside the app, in a future update.

Wow, much better a reply than that stupid :
"This is the way that Apple mandates that it be done. I am sorry that it is not possible to have your entire iPhone be in French except for our app."
you kept sticking to 8 month ago. http://www.toodledo.com/forums/1/6349/-33781/toodledo-for-ipad-iphone-version-20.html

Hey btw, that's the exact time I stopped using your app completely. souvenirs...

This message was edited Dec 16, 2010.
Xxx_2

I am a long time user of Toodledo, congratulations for the great work, I see improvements being added, keep it up! Everything here works fine on my iTouch, but I have a small question: why I can't inform special characters as field content of the Tag? For example "<", "=", etc ... (I created some code for me with special characters, and even when mixed with letters, as in "[G]" they disappear). Thanks!

Jake

Toodledo Founder
Certain HTML symbols are not allowed, such as < and >. Others such as = should work. I just tested, and it did.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Score: 1 Reference
We are painfully aware that our last few updates have been buggy. This is because we completely rewrote the underlying database layer inside the app. We had a lot of important reasons for doing this, but this major rewrite introduced and reintroduced some bugs. We have been working very hard on testing this, but obviously we were missing some scenarios. We think we are very close to having these kinks ironed out. There are only 3 bugs being reported for version 2.1.3

1) due-date "quick dates" showing the selected date off by 1 day in some timezones
2) sorting by "date added" may cause the list to appear empty in combination with sorting on folder,context,goal,location
3) sorting and grouping by tag is not working correctly when you use the same tag with different capitalizations in different places, and if tags sometimes have spaces in front of them and sometimes not.

We are submitting these fixes to Apple today. We apologize for the inconveniences that we have caused. We are going to be spending a lot more time working on quality control and testing in the future.

ed1chandler

Posted: Dec 20, 2010
Posted by Toodledo:
We use the battery saving "Significant Location Update" service.

The location icon (the little upward right facing arrow to the right of the time) seems to be always on, even when Toodledo is not active. I realize that icon is used for "Location Services" -- which includes GPS, cellular, and WiFi location determination methods -- but my battery seems to be going down fast enough to indicate that GPS is active.

Are you SURE it's not constantly using GPS location?
john

@toodledo I have great empathy for you guys as you battle out the bugs in this refactor. Thanks for all the hard work!!!!

One other issue I just noticed is that the "new task" button now doesn't show up. I tried multiple different sort combos but no luck. Using iPad
epaga

@toodledo - I thought you didn't use GPS? Color me confused. Isn't wifi enough to be able to pinpoint location (as long as there is a wifi station nearby?)...?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
I promise that we do not use the GPS when in the background. Your battery would last about 2 hours if we did. Apple checks for this and would require us to post a warning about battery consumption if we did use GPS in the background.

@john : Could not make the "new task" button disappear. Can you please take a screenshot and attach it to a support ticket?

By the way, Version 2.1.4 was just released which fixes all the known reported bugs.
epaga

Posted: Dec 22, 2010
@Toodledo I do believe you that you don't use the GPS, what I just don't get is when you said

@epaga GPS or 3G is a requirement for location alerts because we have to know where you are.

Why is GPS a requirement if it isn't used? Can't you know where we are using Wifi location detection? Basically it comes down to the fact I currently can't activate location alerts with my ipod touch even though when i go on maps it knows where i am.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 22, 2010
We use a low power technology provided by Apple called "Significant Location Change". Apple has decided to enable this technology only on devices with GPS and 3G. So, it won't work on the iPod touch unless Apple decides to enable it in a future update. When the app is open and running, we can use different technology to get your approximate location from your wifi location, but Apple does not allow this to work in the background. Only when the app is running.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.