ForumsNewsiPhone App Updated to 1.3

iPhone App Updated to 1.3
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 17, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
Toodledo's iPhone app has been updated to version 1.3. This fixes some bugs and adds some new functionality:

* Added support for subtasks. If you use subtasks on Toodledo.com with a Pro account, they'll be available on the iPhone as well.
* Added more information and an icon on the lists to show if a task has a note.
* Added an option to have the application badge be the number of tasks due today.
* Added pre-filled fields. If you are viewing a folder when you add a new task, the folder for that new task will be pre-filled. It works for other fields too.
* Added a setting to pick the start screen. When you launch Toodledo, this start screen will come up first.
* Added our pretty logo to the home screen.
* The button to purge tasks is now disabled until you flip one of the switches.
* If a task does not have a note, the details page will not show a blank note field.
* The filter for completed tasks can now show recently completed as well as all completed.
* The "Hide future tasks" filter will now be available if you use start date but not duedate
* Fixed a bug where the modification date and added date may not be adjusted for your timezone
* Fixed a bug that prevented you from removing a due-date from an existing task
* Fixed a bug that would cause a repeating task to not get rescheduled if you create it and complete it before you sync it to the website
* Fixed a bug that would cause notes to get deleted upon editing the task in certain situations.
* Fixed a bug where the "Recently Completed" list would not show the number of tasks inside.
* Fixed a bug where editing a task with a date or time in the past would cause the date or time to get moved back by 1 day or 1 hour.
* Fixed a bug where deleting a task while doing a search would not visually get updated
alfred.risan

Hi
How can I access the files in my Iphone?
Ben

Nice work. This app keeps getting better and better.

One suggestion: List the folders in the same order that they are listed on the web site. On the web, the folders list can be custom sorted. I have lots of folders, but there are a few that are used often. On the web site I've put those at the top of the list, but they don't display that way in the iPhone app.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Ben, thanks for the suggestion. This is planned for a future update.

Alfred, files are not supported on the iPhone. Yet.
Dav

You're really getting close to perfect with this release!
scottnwdw

The addition of the sub-tasks was enough toget me to upgrade to the pro version. keep up the good work.

I am really more into the Franklin Covey method of task management, but so far this, and Appigo's Todo, are the best task manager that I have found available for the iPhone. With the addition of the sub tasks, this program is the now the best.
mattsez

Are there any plans on supporting landscape mode, (at least where the tasks are listed)?

Task names are currently cut off if they are too long, (which doesn't seem very long at all). I'm not sure how difficult this would be, but I think it would make reviewing a list of tasks a lot easier, (and generally be a little more visually appealing). It doesn't necessarily need to use motion sensing to work, it could also just be a setting/option.
martin

Thanks for the great update and thanks for including subtasks!

One important feature for me (unless I missed it in the iphone version) is advanced sorting.

I always sort my tasks by date (I need to know what to do today) but THEN also by priority.
If I sort the tasks (in "all tasks" or the hotlist) by date, the priority is totally mixed.

Please add some advanced sorting soon!
Matt

Posted by Toodledo:
* Added pre-filled fields. If you are viewing a folder when you add a new task, the folder for that new task will be pre-filled. It works for other fields too.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
rainbow.lentil

Really love and appreciate the update- especially the addition of subtasks, which has encouraged me to upgrade to a pro account.

I do feel, however, that the implementation is rather clunky. Unless I am missing something (and I hope I am!!), subtasks can only be added by creating and saving a task, and then going back into it to edit????

Surely, whilst a good option in itself, the ability to create a subtask as part of project or task's creation would also be useful??

Also- again, it would have been nice to see, not just an indication of which tasks have subtasks- but a PERCENTAGE COMPLETE figure on the main task tables.

If, for example a task has 4 subtasks, and 3 of them have been completed, then a red (as in unfinished) 75% could be displayed on the main task in the listings; immediately indicating how complete a project is, and where ANY incomplete nested subtasks are within all tasks.

Please could this be a consideration within future updates???
Thankyou
barry

Posted: Nov 18, 2008
1.3 is superb. Thanks!

Are there plans to (folder) support sharing via the iphone app?

This message was edited Nov 18, 2008.
Kevin

This is trivial, but one improvement I would like to see is for completed items to disappear when you check the box. Do you have any plans to add this?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Thanks for all the suggestions.
harry

Forgive me if this is a naive question, but how to do I upgrade? I currently have 1.2 version. Do I pay for the whole thing again if I want version 1.3?

-Harry
iPhone2Droid

Harry,

You can download again, via either the desktop or direct to iphone. The system is smart enough to deem it a free upgrade, since you already own the app. In fact, you will likely see some sort of popup confirmation to that effect immediately after you click the provided link.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
All upgrades are free. On the iPhone, click on the "App Store" icon and then click on the "Updates" page and you can download it for free.

Hope that helps.
RC-DC

Posted: Nov 19, 2008
Great upgrades! Love the start screen choice - that really helps me get to where I need to be quickly. That alone sealed the deal (I was toying with trying Appigo's app, but with this - no more questions).

Some suggestions for future upgrades -

An option to hide folders from the folder view. I use some different folders for the notebook and tasks (some the same), and if I could hide those on the app that would be nice. I sync with Appigo's notebook, and you can show or hide different folders in their app. Nice feature.

Multiple sort options would be nice, if that's possible. For example - I'm in the 'due today' folder. If I could sort by 'folder' then by priority (instead of one or the other) that would be amazing. If I could get one additional sort option I might be able to ditch Outlook tasks completely.

All in all a great bunch of upgrades in 1.3. Thank you!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 19, 2008
Thanks for the suggestion.
martin

Posted: Nov 20, 2008
Thanks alot for the fast update and response to my suggestions about sorting the lists!
tsinvest

Posted: Nov 21, 2008
Hi Gentlemen and Ladies,

The upgrade is great! Many of the above post covered things I won't repeat. One missing feature, however, that I feel is important is to have a drop down selection for a list of "user created" tags. The way the program is now there is no uniformity to tags. One has to remember what tags they used in the past to be consistent - a user drop down list would solve this problem. Hope you could implement this feature.

Thank you and keep up the great programming!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.