ForumsQuestionsQuick Entry Section

Quick Entry Section
Alan

Posted: Oct 26, 2010
Score: 2 Reference
It would be VERY helpful to have a "quick entry" section which would give users the ability to enter a task quickly taking advantage of the modifiers and parameters you can use when entering tasks by email. i.e.

Take shirts to drycleaners #today @home &every week *

If you do not enter modifiers, then the defaults that apply to email would apply to these.

This would speed-up the task of entering tasks considerably. The "Quick Task" bar could be right at the top of each page.

What are the chances?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 26, 2010
Score: 1 Reference
Thanks for the suggestion. We can't comment on a timeframe for implementation, but this is on our to-do list.
tjrayworth

Posted: Feb 24, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
+1 for me. I was just searching for this feature and figured that's what add multiple would do. I'm a GTDer, and if I'm entering my tasks from a notebook in my pocket, it's a lot more time consuming having to enter all the parameters with dropboxes separately. During project planning it's not a big deal, because many of the parameters are the same. The individual add add and even multi-add as-is aren't as great for brain-dumping as if you could use those shortcuts, though.

This message was edited Feb 24, 2011.
simon

Posted: Feb 24, 2011
Doesn't pressing 'N' do that?
exotherm

Posted: May 22, 2011
Well, for Mac users who also use Outlook 2011 for email, you can use this Applescript I wrote. You need to turn on the email import feature in Toodledo first and paste in your private toodledo email address ([email protected]).

Paste this into Applescript editor and save as an application:

-- Create Toodledo Task from Outlook 2011 Message
-- Created by BLP 22May2011 with ample contributions from fellow internet posters

tell application "Microsoft Outlook"
-- prompt for Toodledo syntax additions, for more info see http://www.toodledo.com/info/help_email.php
set myPrompt to ("Task name and Toodledo syntax to add?" & linefeed & linefeed & "Star: *" & linefeed & "Priority: !" & linefeed & "Due-date: #DueDate" & linefeed & "Due Time: =DueTime" & linefeed & "Start Date: >StartDate" & linefeed & "Start Time: ^StartTime" & linefeed & "Reminder: :ReminderLeadTime" & linefeed & "Length: ~LengthTime" & linefeed & "Folder: *FolderName" & linefeed & "Context: @ContextName" & linefeed & "Goal: +GoalName" & linefeed & "Tag: %TagName,TagName2,…" & linefeed & "Location: - LocationName" & linefeed & "Repeat: &RepeatDescription" & linefeed & "Status: $StatusSetting")
set newsubject to text returned of (display dialog myPrompt buttons {"Ok"} default button 1 default answer "")
if newsubject is "" then set newsubject to "Task from Outlook: " & theSubject

-- build outgoing message
set newMessage to make new outgoing message in outbox with properties {subject:newsubject, content:"(Quick add)"}
make new recipient of newMessage with properties {email address:{address:"*************@toodledo.com"}}

-- send the new message
run send all

end tell

Cheers,
Brian
Rick

Posted: May 25, 2011
Why do you especially mention Outlook 2011 for Mac, would/could it work on OSX Mail as well?

regards, Rick
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.