ForumsThird-Party ApplicationsTaskUnifier: Multiplatform
i got about 70 (new) Tasked (each with detailed prioriät, folder, date etc.) and more than 1k notes.
i testet taskunifier already with about 3k notes, and it worked fine, so the notes shouldn't be the problem.
is there the possibility that the completet tasks (about 200) slow it down?
when i startet using taskunifier it worked perfektly.
I use vision 2.4.0
I don't understand, you tell me it worked fine with 3k and now it slowed down with the 70 new tasks ?
3k notes. no tasks
A new version of TaskUnifier has been released: 3.0.1 BETA.
This is a beta version, but you are of course welcome to test it.
- Moutain Lion: Sign Mac version for Gatekeeper
- Bug fixed: Change synchronizer plugin error
- BF 139: Save cell value on focus lost
- Bug fixed: Username reset after upgrade
- Bug fixed: Repeat task disabled after import models
- Bug fixed: Removing task contacts/files/tasks
- Reduce task/note table row height
- Added system info in about panel
- Minor bug fixes
- FR 3495228: Open tabs and windows
- New task template window
- FR 3479518: Sub-folders
- FR 3441404: Multiple contexts for tasks
- Multiple goals for tasks
- Multiple locations for tasks
- FR 3445884: Define your own statuses
- FR 3481583: Define your own postpone list
- FR 3509335: Assign template to searcher
- FR 3495230: Configure filters for model categories
- Define the note/task fields you (don't) use
- Quick add task window with global hot key
- New error handling system
- New shortcut system for task templates
- BF 3536931: Complete repeat task in task edit window
- BF 3510783: Whole day task in calendar
- BF 3560628: Postpone task is disabled in reminder window
- FR 3505247: Separation between sync and publish
- FR 3500049: Push local tasks
- FR 3507878: Backup list order
- FR 3509411: Move "Sync reminder field" field
- FR 3500334: Improved quick add task dates
- FR 3509738: Save horizontal scroll state
- FR 3560938: Display missed reminders
- FR 3509326: Popup "Open JDK not supported"
- New color settings (foreground)
- Easily get and save logs
- Bug fixed: Delete new user
- Bug fixed: Color of selected task title
This message was edited Oct 09, 2012.
Version 3.0.2 BETA
- Bug fixed: Error while loading gui
- Bug fixed: Update plugin
- Improved loggers
- Minor bug fixes
This message was edited Oct 15, 2012.
is it possible to combine Folders, Contexts and Tags with an AND (except creating a custom/smart list)?
I´m using Appigo´s ToDo on iOS with Toodledo sync and I´m trying to find a tool that comes close to that on Windows.
Appigo´s ToDo is nice for mobile use because it restricts me to some features of the GTD method, which are FOLDERS (the main grouping mechanism), CONTEXTS and TAGS (2nd and 3rd).
There are only a few "smart" lists:
- Focus (customizeable)
- Inbox (no Folder)
and all the Lists and folders can be intersected (AND) with contexts and tags.
I like this concept because it allows me to e.g. quickly find all "Work" entries (folder) that have an "office" context and are related to a certain customer (tag).
In TaskUnifier I can only choose one folder OR one context OR one Tag in the list on the left..
OR I´d have to create a smart filter (which is a cool thing to have, but takes too long for a quick check).
In order to mimic Appigo´s ToDo I´d also like to change the order of CONTEXT, FOLDER and TAGs in the left column to be FOLDER, CONTEXT, TAG (and actually remove GOALS, PLACES).
TaskUnifier is a very powerful tool, that is customizeable enough to try to get something like the simplified iOS tool.
This message was edited Oct 25, 2012.
I'm not sure I have understood everything but:
- It is not possible to change the order of the categories in the left searcher list.
- You can customize the lists for the folders, contexts... in Settings -> Searcher
- You can also create some personal list to fit exactly what you are looking for
I hope this answers some of your questions.
I noticed an inconvenience in TaskUnifier 3.0.2, possibly i don't know how to change a setting.
I often need to change the context of a task. I then click on the edit button just to the right of the context and then a pulldown menu pops up that shows all the context. However this overview is not sorted alfabetically (like in Toodledo itself) (I think it is sorted on the sequence in which i added the context) - this is inconvenient for me, because i have all my contexts numbered, knowing that they then show up in the right order.
Is that solvable ?
Thanks, fixed in next release.
I just try to use TaskUnifier 3.04 and also paid to buy the license for toodledo, but still cant load the plugin .
Always have errors , like follows:
please advice or fix it asap
I answered on sourceforge yesterday:
Are you correctly connected to internet ?
Do you have a proxy ? If yes, have you configured the proxy in TaskUnifier ?
Did you try the connection test in Settings -> Proxy -> Test Connection ?
TaskUnifier 3 has been released. This is a new major release.
Old synchronization plugin licenses won't work with this new version.
Open multiple windows and tabs:
File -> New window, Close window, Add tab
The task template window has been improved
You can create sub-contexts, sub-folders and sub-goals:
In the manage contexts, folders... window, drag and drop items.
You can now assign multiple contexts, goals and locations to the same task.
Customize the task statuses, the postpone and snooze list:
Settings -> Lists
You can assign a template to a searcher:
Edit a searcher, then select a template in the list.
By doing this, if you drag and drop a task on a searcher, the task will be updated according to the template.
Define the task and note fields you use or don't use:
Settings -> Theme -> Task fields
Settings -> Theme -> Note fields
Add quick tasks while working on any other application via a global hot key:
Settings -> General
New printing feature
And a lot of other improvements and bug fixes (for the full list check "history.txt")
This message was edited Nov 08, 2012.
I was wondering if the indent space can be adjusted for sub items in the left side menu? For example, currently:
________Inbox-W... <16> <29>
(___ = spaces, forum right indents)
It just seems like a waste of unused space resulting in less clarity.
Thanks for an awsome application & customer service! :-)
This message was edited Nov 09, 2012.
Sorry, cannot reduce the indentation easily, and don't want to spend hours on it.
- Smarter add button
- Bug fixed: Do not use URL connection cache
- FR 248: Create template from task
- BF 211: Add global hot key for Mac and Linux
- BF 213: Sync error: Value is null
- Indent subtasks in print report
- FR 250: Select only one context/goal/location
- FR 263: Beep for task reminders
- FR 264: Hide toolbar
- FR 269: Enter length with minutes only
- FR 274: No date button in task edit window
- BF 195: Invalid number of tasks being synchronized
- BF 210: Select a word in the note editor
Perhaps it's been answered somewhere, but, well, it's an easy one... so I'll ask. Do I have to create a new Toodledo account to sync with TaskUnifier or can I use a preexisting one? I was thinking about getting the Toodledo plugin license, but I didn't want to create a new Toodledo account.
You can use an existing account.
The tasks you already entered in TU will be synced to Toodledo and all the data from Toodledo will be retrieved and listed in TaskUnifier.
This message was edited Dec 05, 2012.
When I try to email a task, it creates a new window in Thunderbird, but it does not seem to have an option to send the message. It's as if it is creating a received message rather than one to be sent. Using 3.1.5.
I know that's the way Thunderbird works, but I think there is a forward button ?
If so, you can simply click on it and it should be good.
Thanks. I discovered that there is also an option to "Edit message as new" in Thundebird which does the trick.
You cannot reply yet
U Back to topic home
R Post a reply
To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.