ForumsNewsToodledo Redesign - July 2011

Toodledo Redesign - July 2011
dannyw0011

Posted: Jul 26, 2011
Score: 1 Reference
A much more professional look. Congratulations!

If you're looking for feedback on the UI, I would also suggest the option to freeze the left pane.

And for those who are having problems with having to scroll horizontally, you can go to grid format and edit your column widths which also adjusts the screen width in multi-edit format. This may help some who are experiencing a problem with horizontal scrolling. I know it did me.

But overall, a vast improvement.
desmondhume

Score: -2 Reference
Love the new look.. fantastic
dripke

Opps - this is a biggie problem. My timer is not working with the new version of the site. I'm using Firefox.
Dave Liao

Score: 0 Reference
Love it!
Wish I could differentiate between tasks that have notes and those that do not (like before), but that might attract unwanted/unnecessary attention to a task.
fmsheldon

Score: -1 Reference
I like it. Visually: good to looses the mid 90s feel.

Functionally: at first I was annoyed because my columns wouldn't fit horizontally in a full screen window without scrolling, then I wondered, "Maybe I can re-size the columns, but how could…wait, maybe this…oh." Done, and that's how you know you got it right.
asimmons

Fantastic! I'm sure there will be tweaks needed, but what a great look.
Alpt

great work!
tim_1298660940

Much Improved.
christopheramills

Score: -2 Reference
Great Work! Love the new look!
michaelone

Love it!

Simple, clean and efficient. I'm already finding functionality I didn't know was there. For me it's a great improvement. I had always felt that the old site looked a little cartoonish. This site says Business. Thanks for all the work (and money spent).
EmilyTheChef

I will love the new layout I'm sure, but for the record, the old layout worked for me :) (except on a wide screen, the Add Task button ways waaaaaaay over to the right. I'll bet that's in a new place now. THANKS, and I'm so grateful to Toodledo!
katsu

So good!
Ivan And

Great look, guys. Thanks for your efforts!
geoffrey.colwill

Score: 2 Reference
Hi Team, thanks for all the work
And please bring back the colour - or at least an option for it - too much grey - I really miss the colour - PLEASE!
And it would be great to be able to change the date/priority/... for a number of tasks at the same time - is it there? - did I miss something
Keep up the good work
Geoffrey
tbaxter123

Score: 2 Reference
Think it looks great. But since the update I am having problems with printing. Will only print one page no matter what I do. Also the layout seems a little messed up too, with things cut off. Use to print beautiful before. But overall great changes love the look. And I am sure you will get it printing beautiful again.

Keep up the good work
Todd
Folke X

I have checked it out again, a bit more carefully this time, and as before:

- I really do like the colors

- I really do like the new layout; the width and the side bar are not a problem at all for me

- and I really do like the fact that the Priority no longer makes the whole line bold; instead only the "hottest" values of Priority, Status and Due date are bold within their respective columns, but not the whole line, which gave a disturbing over-emphasis on that particular aspect (Priority) all the time, even when no emphasis was wanted.

The fact that a number of other users have voiced concern over the latter change worries me, because I would not like to see the old order reinstated. Therefore, I would like to suggest a compromise as follows:

There could be an option heading, named "Highlight", located in the new Show menu, followed by boxes for Status, Priority and Due date. If one of these boxes is marked then the whole line would become highlighted for the "hottest" tasks in that particular respect (i.e. 3 Top and High 2 if Priority is ticked). (And I would suggest a well-matched, not-too-glaring alteration of the background color for these lines rather than making the text bold.)
Abdou Ziada

Good work !
Congrts
gross770

I also agree. I would really like to beable to hid the left menu/column as it just gets in the way when I don't need it which is usually most of the time. Could you please let us know if you intend to do this.
brill

The counts in a lot of places are wrong. The count at the top of the screen bears no relationship to the number of items being shown.
Folke X

A very minor thing, actually, but since some users are concerned about the side bar, and since there is something I always mused over even in the old interface and which does eat up unnecessary space in the overall navigation:

Most of the standard views (Main, Folders, Tags, Contexts etc) are actually all the same. They basically all contain all tasks - just sorted/grouped differently (which also can be achieved by clicking the respective column). I only occasionally use any of these views, and as far as I am concerned they could all be hidden away under some suitable common tab - they do not need the prominence (or screen space) they have always had. The main thing for me (and I suppose for many other users) is the Saved Searches.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.