2012 In Review
This has been a big year for us. On the company side, we have moved into a new larger office and doubled our workforce. This will give us a lot more momentum in 2013. Look for some exciting things early next year. In the meantime, here is a list of the amazing things we accomplished this year:
We were able to maintain an uptime record of 100% for the year. We did not experience any downtime or any notable problems with our infrastructure. See Pingdom for more info.
Perhaps our number one request: Joint tasks! You can now use our collaboration tools to create a task that appears on multiple people's lists simultaneously and any of them can edit or complete it.
Toodledo now has a Bookmarklet, which is like a mini browser plugin that allows you to quickly add a task from any webpage you happen to be on.
1) Enhanced forum searching.
2) Keyboard shortcuts for the notebook section.
3) Improved security of password reset mechanism.
4) If you refer someone to Toodledo, but forget to have them use the special referral link, you can still get credit after the fact.
5) For Pro Plus users, the File Attachment page was enhanced with a count of the number of tasks with each file, and a way to see those tasks. You can also now search for tasks with or without files.
6) We doubled the amount of file storage.
7) Facebook and Twitter integration: You can now tell your followers about your Toodledo accomplishments.
8) Ability to sort tags alphabetically.
9) The notebook section now has a button to timestamp entries into the notebook.
10) Redesigned collaboration page to be easier to setup and understand.
11) Fancy Interactive Graphs.
12) Added a page in settings where you can see a record of the past alarms that have been sent on your account
13) Our Email Importer tool was improved to support European dates, clipping signatures and blank subjects.
14) Private folders, contexts and goals are now visually marked as such.
15) The notebook section can have a default view now.
16) Improved payment system, which now allows you to make multiple purchases at once.
17) New tutorial videos to help new users get introduced to Toodledo.
We released a brand new mobile website at m.toodledo.com. It provides offline support and works in all the major desktop and mobile browsers. It provides access to tasks and notebook entries and has many of the features that you would expect (sorting, searching, filtering, editing folders, timers, etc...) This product is still technically in beta, but we have made many improvements to it throughout the year, and we expect to take the "Beta" label off of it soon.
iOS app (link)
1) Can now reassign tasks to your collaborators.
2) You can now promote a subtask to a regular task.
3) iOS6 and iPhone 5 compatibility.
4) Syncing with Reminders app with Siri support.
5) Support for the timer.
6) You can tweet your accomplishments.
7) Search now looks in the note text.
8) Retina graphics for iPad.
9) Unique sound for date vs location alarms.
10) Added 30 high quality alarm sounds available for in app purchase.
11) Sync log is now viewable so you can see a record of what was synced.
12) List dividers can be toggled open/closed and show the number of tasks inside.
13) If a task has an alarm, the details page will now show exactly when that alarm will happen.
And for those of you who upgrade quickly, you saw a preview of our new redesigned user interface. We released this with version 3.0 but then quickly reverted back to the old interface because we received a number of complaints about certain aspects of the design. We plan to fix these things and then reintroduce the new design early in 2013.
In addition to above, we fixed a number of bugs and smaller improvements across all of our products.
We appreciate all the support and suggestions that we have received from everyone. We are striving to make Toodledo the best productivity tool on the internet, and we have big plans for 2013 and beyond. Thanks to everyone for making Toodledo a success.
Happy New Year!
PS. For those of you who read this entire post, please enter "newyear13" into the promo code box on our purchase page to enjoy 10% off the price of an upgrade or renewal.
This message was edited Dec 26, 2012.
Congrats for the 2012 achievements!
I discovered Toodledo through an Android app that uses it, and after checking the market for collaborative task managers, I have to say that Toodledo has some useful unique features.
It would be great to see such a list from you with the developments planned for 2013.
Personally I would welcome:
1) A dedicated Android app with more features than what the web mobile interface has. I use third party apps that do it for me now, but Toodledo's own Android app would insure consistency with upgrades.
2) More project manager features:
- tasks to be used as milestones (i.e, subtasks to depend on main task parameters and to account for progress %)
- more refined user rights grid: rights depend on assignor vs assigned, and for example to have defined right to check tasks only but no other edits or relocation of the task;
- easier way to follow up delegated tasks;
- user friendly change logs;
3) An option to allow more intensive use of colors for various parameters: folders, statuses, delegations, etc. Generally a more sleek interface would be nice.
This message was edited Dec 26, 2012.
Thanks for all you've done for us users this past year! Great to hear that you've increased your staff, I'll be looking forward to great things from TD in 2013.
Thanks Jake. Great year. It says a lot that Toodledo did not have any downtime in 2012 all the effort on the infrastructure paid off.
Another year, but still no subtasks to subtasks :-(
Is this planned for 2013?
How does one submit requests for changes to Toodledo?
You post in the appropriate forum.
Or via a support ticket.
You cannot reply yet
U Back to topic home
R Post a reply
To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.