ForumsNewsToodledo iOS8 Update + Sharing + Outlines

Toodledo iOS8 Update + Sharing + Outlines
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 17, 2014
Score: 0 Reference
Our iOS app has been updated for compatibility with iOS8. But, we didn't stop there. This update also includes:

* Outlines Section - Full support for Toodledo's Outlines section in the app.
* Sharing Tasks - Support for creating shared tasks from within the app.

You can download version 3.2.6 now from the iTunes App Store.

If Toodledo helps you be more productive, please consider giving us a rating/review in the iTunes App Store. Even if you have rated us before, you can rate us again with each new update that we release. It really does help us to have good ratings.

This message was edited Sep 17, 2014.
rbendett

Score: 1 Reference
Great news on the sharing, been waiting for that. Hope to see it soon on the Android app.
Dave

Looks excellent on the ipad. I know you will see this many times,but looking forward to it on android. Great work.
plamphear

Posted: Sep 18, 2014
How about adding a new IOS8 widget?
Sabina A.

Score: 2 Reference
Posted by plamphear:
How about adding a new IOS8 widget?

Yes, this is something that we plan to add. However, we're unable to comment on an ETA.

Thanks
dleek

Score: 2 Reference
Notification center is not showing any tasks from tootle do in both iPhone and iPad. I can't get alarm pop ups either even though I spent a lot of time setting them up for various tasks.
I do have the current OS systems. Before, these features worked for me......my tootle do app is also updated so what is the problem - am I missing something?
is this a bug and what is the eta to fix? It's driving me crazy!
Ps I also just tried to get tootledo tasks to show on my iCal but it froze up and no tasks are displaying, even with the tootledo calendar checked!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 19, 2014
Can you please create a support ticket for this so that we can look into your account and see what the problem is?

Thanks
shelbyp

Hello,
I am really happy about the outlines addition, I use this intensively and actually had to change my way of working due to lack of IOS support. This is very, very helpful, and a game changer!

I have a few comments (in order of importance).

1. On the Iphone screen it would really be much nicer to wrap the text instead of having the user scroll right, this is quite clumsy since on scrolling I lose track of the indentation level, but it generally would be much more useable if we did not have to scroll left and right to see the text. This is standard on most iphone apps. As a workaround I can make my notes shorter.

2. The outlines section is slow. when I click on an outline with about 130 entries it has taken up to 10 secs to view it. in addition clicking the entries to obtain the popup is not very responsive. However I note that I am using an Iphone 4s, at some point in the near future I will upgrade, and maybe this works smoothly on the newer models.
The feeling of slowness is accentuated by point 1 above.

3. It would be nice to have the "delete checked" items feature which exists online (but this is minor).

Overall I am really happy to have this addition, and looking forward to exploiting it fully.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Thanks for the feedback about outlines. This is the first release, so it is still in its infancy. We will be working on performance issues in future releases as well as getting it to work more optimally on smaller screens.

As for the "delete checked" feature. Its there, inside the action button in the top right corner.
info_1336034862

Posted: Sep 22, 2014
How can I see lists on the iPad IOS?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 22, 2014
On iOS you can use the web browser to view your lists. We are working hard to bring lists into our iOS app in a future update.
info_1336034862

Posted: Sep 24, 2014
Any Timing available?
Maciek Nabożny

Posted by dleek:
Notification center is not showing any tasks from tootle do in both iPhone and iPad. I can't get alarm pop ups either even though I spent a lot of time setting them up for various tasks.
I do have the current OS systems. Before, these features worked for me......my tootle do app is also updated so what is the problem - am I missing something?
is this a bug and what is the eta to fix? It's driving me crazy!
Ps I also just tried to get tootledo tasks to show on my iCal but it froze up and no tasks are displaying, even with the tootledo calendar checked!

same problem here,
is this problem recognized already and will it be fixed soon?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We submitted a fix to Apple a week ago. Still waiting for them to review it. I am sorry, but we have no way to know how long Apple will take to review updates. Since a lot of apps are having iOS8 compatibility issues, I imagine that Apple is pretty busy reviewing updates.
1jirni_1344352237

Posted: Sep 28, 2014
same problem as dleek and maciek
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 29, 2014
Our fix for this iOS8 bug was submitted to Apple on Sept 19th and we are still waiting for them to review our update and make it available for download.
shelbyp

Posted: Sep 30, 2014
Jake: Is there a way to clone an outline offline on Iphone?
I didn't see it, but I may have missed it. This is very useful for reusable checklists which can be cloned and then ticked off.

shelby
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Yes, tap the icon in the top right corner. Then scroll down to the clone option.
Master Brian

I know you guys have to wait on Apple and probably can't answer this, but rrrrrreally would like to be able to get alerts and see task count application badge soon, so just wondering if there is any indication from Apple when they'll publish the update. Thanks.

Also.....throwing in my vote for a widget (which I've seen you said was on your list of things to add eventually).
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Apple is a black box. We have no insight into the internal works and no way to accelerate the process. Sorry.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.