ForumsNewsAnd we're back! (from a very prolonged outage)

And we're back! (from a very prolonged outage)
bonazzi

Posted: Jun 11, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
A working day without you and I realize the importance of your program. Welcome back.
jrhuth

You have created one of the most versatile online tools for managing projects and tasks available. A little bit of down time changes none of that. Keep up the good work.
vlirbo

I perfectly understand and accept to have been some hours "off" so no problem. Those things happens.

Antonio Rubio
tony

Score: 1 Reference
Glad you're back - nicely done keeping us informed and keeping the outage to a short time! What could've been a bit of a panic was simplified immeasurably by your excellent communication with the customers - nice work!

(And I will say, for the iPhone users out there, being able to call up my iPhone app when I couldn't access the desktop/web was great!) :)

This message was edited Jun 11, 2009.
dpurcell

Just to echo what everyone else said -- congrats on the recovery and thanks for the hard work and updates. Cheers!
sylviemcgee

Great job in the recovery! Hope you get a night off, some sleep - which I suspect has been lacking, and can feel all the virtual pats-on-the-back that are coming your way for not only the recovery, but your strong communication during the process.

Way to go!
Dextrone

Rackspace definately owes you one!
And thanks for getting it back up...good thing I had a printed copy.
Great job!
MikeKDidIt

Thank you for the recovery and the updates. Much appreciated!
Anders

Yes, thanks for the continual updates. It is nice to know what is going on, and even nicer to know that the developers are actively pursuing the issue.

Was anyone else impressed by the enormous response to the Toodledo outage? Twitter in particular was going crazy with Toodledo tweets. A lot of people were upset, but a lot were also understanding and sympathetic. Either way, it shows how important this great site has become to so many people. If Toodledo can take anything positive out of this, it would be a lesson about backup strategy and also perhaps an increased awareness of how huge a part of so many people's lives Toodledo has become.

I feel like a relative was just released from the ER :)

~Anders
esroberts

Excellent work!
cburchhardt

I agree with the posts above -- I hadn't realized how much I had come to depend on Toodledo, between my iGoogle widget, my nightly hotlist reminder, and the iPod Touch app I downloaded just now!
Thanks for continuing to provide such a great product, and great job recovering all of our data in such an unexpected situation.
sherm

ToodleDo is the greatest...I'm glad everything's OK. I'm very glad that I have the iPhone version as a back-up while the website was down.

Onward and upward!
simonclivehughes

Just out of curiosity, if you had been unable to recover, would those of us using handhelds (iPhone, BB etc) that runs a Toodledo app, have been able to upload our data back to your server? If so, great, if not, maybe this is something to think about.
stmroz

Everything I had to say has been said but I like repeating things, so:
1. I never realized how much I'd miss my Toodledo when it went down.
2. I really appreciated the redirect and updates on what was happening.
3. I am so glad I printed my lists off last night.
4. Get some sleep and thank you for your efforts!
Proximo

Toodledo.....

So I did a complete Brain Dump and then my Brain (Toodledo) goes down. I was sitting around with no thoughts in my head and nothing to do.

I can tell you that I was at peace and had zero stress.

That's until my Brain came back online. AAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Just kidding.

This stuff happens and you handled it like a Professional.

I think many of us realized how much we rely on Toodledo and I think we can all learn from it. As users, it's a good idea to print your Task List once or twice a week.

I always did this, so I had my list of task to work on today.

Great Job and don't be too hard on yourself. This happens and the important thing is that it's all back and running.

This message was edited Jun 11, 2009.
Ken_C

You have a great product. You have my vote of confidence!!!
dherst

I echo the comments of others about being heavily dependent on your product and about using the iPhone app as a stopgap. It's a *very* awkward alternative (because of limitation with the iPhone vehicle, not with the app itself), but it was better than nothing.

Here's a suggestion I was going to send before the outage: Create a desktop fat client app that could be used offline and sync up on demand the way the iPhone client does. The web interface is great for what it is, but let's face it: fat clients have distinct advantages.

Please consider this.
Joshua Majonis

Stuff happens, and thanks for working as hard as you did to get things running again. I make heavy use of the iphone app (on an ipod touch) anyways so thankfully the downtime didn't affect my productivity at all.
Ryan

OK I was very very worried, having updated 35 critical tasks and notes yesterday (then shredded the associated notes!) I felt physically sick when I saw white screen. I have been holding my breath all day and can't describe my relief to see everything is back with no loss of data so thank you! As one of the previous comments said, only today did I realise how much I relied on this site! a day of thumb twiddling is now over! Thank you!
Hartl

Thanks for your work! :-)
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.