ForumsNewsAnd we're back! (from a very prolonged outage)

And we're back! (from a very prolonged outage)
davidf

Posted: Jun 11, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Thanks Jake. As I Pro Subscriber, I appreciate the bonus month gesture. The main thing is to learn from the incident. It's OK to make a mistake, but not so good to repeat it :-)
Sean

I'm a long-time Systems Administrator with years of responsibility for mission-critical 24x7 clustered systems. Please don't beat yourself up too badly. Judging by the posts, a number of us have been there and feel your pain. It happens and like all things in life is a learning experience. Your customers obviously appreciate your honesty and the fact that you have the best of intentions. We're sticking with you, Jake. Toodledo is best-in-class and I think you've earned even more loyalty by how you have handled this.
portalsoma

Good work. Good experience too. If this hadn't happened, you would never have found out the gaps in your backup strategy. I would rather stick to providers who have gone through outages like these, as it makes them more resilient and prepared.
Deb_Datta

Great work! Keep it up! And do get some rest ...
cricro

Thank you for making the choice to communicate openly with your customers, you were in a tough situation and you handled it very professionally.

Cheers!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Score: 1 Reference
Thanks everyone for the positive comments and encouragement. It really does help a ton.

Ok, I'm going to sleep now.
gmerritt

Your sincerity and dedication are very much appreciated. Humility, honesty, and perseverance are 3 great traits of an IT guy/girl. Hats off to you.
Ben

Strong work, thanks for the transparency. Very smart approach to recovering the data (except for that 1 second omfg!). I'll continue to highly recommend this site to others, and use it myself.
dlehoven

Posted: Jun 12, 2009
I particularly appreciated the frank communication during the outage--good job making the best of a bad situation. There have been some very good suggestions here throughout the day about how to back up our own data--and I suspect that may be something you'll be giving some thought to in the future as well. A quick way to back up all views at once would certainly be handy--but seeing how thoroughly you've recovered all our data from this potential disaster, I'm still pretty confident it's in very good hands. Thank you for supporting a good product with superb service.
chris

Stuff Happens no worries. It made me realize how lost I am without it as it is an AWESOME program. Thank you so much for putting your customers first (non-paying ones for that matter). You don't see your dedication that much anymore.

THANK YOU!!!
Samson Jeremiah

Jake

A great job with the recovery effort. So well done and thanks !!

I guess the main thing is to get to the root cause and try and fix it !

Samson
TaniaB

Jake, just wanted to join everyone and say my little THANKS too!!
Great work, and of course we are not going anywhere.

Tania :)
carmentalis

Congratulations on handling this so very well. I really appreciated it that you were open about what was going on, and the transparency is absolutely impressive. This is the sort of customer service I always hope to find, but so rarely get. So really, thank you for handling it this way.

I've just gone and upgraded from Pro to Pro Plus - I don't need the new features and I can't imagine I'll be using them, but what you did in the last 24 hours simply deserves recognition and support. Great work!
Hartl

1. I really appreciate your work! I didn't lose anything. So "Thumb up"!

2. Your information policy during this incident was absolutely perfect.

So it was a quite good step to move from RTM to Toodledo.

Greetings from Vienna, Austria
nicksalter

i'll add my admiration for the open and honest way you communicated what was going on. I can only imagine the angst it caused you and the worries you must have had over whether you would still have a business afterwards. From the replies you should realise that you will be fine. Despite the web being impersonal it shows that humans do actually like other humans to be involved and how that probably saved you. As for the future its clear that Toodledo needs the ability to be replicated offline if the user wants to. up to you how you do it but thats your job for the rest of the year!
frenchdom

Great job. I'm an IT problem and incident manager for a big french international insurance company, and I know how hard you can feel when such outages happen. I appreciated you communication during it, and I just would have loved to have timestamps on it. I also prefer being without one of my favorite tool and having all my data back better than having my tool restored quickly but with data loss. So it is very understandable that you took time to restore everything, and it seems you managed to do it well.
Actually, I insalled Toodledo on my iPhone too, and I synchronize many times a day. So it wasn't too much of a disturbance for me as I still had my tasks available, and still was able to manage them and even add some new ones. That's a good point !
Just keep going like that. Great Job!
Dom
cjazz

Jake,

I think all we can say is that these things happen, thanks for the transparancy in what when wrong people appreciate that also.

DB.
pittockj

Thanks, I think your honesty and openess about the situation is refreshing.
Uwe Schey

I also worked in IT service and I know what you felt. But really: Things like this happen - I also had a broken Database due to power shutdown in an industry production environment - thats not funny.
But anyway: Congratulations for restoring!!
Uwe Schey

Score: 1 Reference
One more thing: Would be great to have an offline component on my MAC/PC as well! Would be great for situations like this ;-)
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.