ForumsNewsAnd we're back! (from a very prolonged outage)

And we're back! (from a very prolonged outage)
jbschnei

Posted: Jun 11, 2009
Score: 1 Reference
I was going to come in and be the one guy saying nice things, but apparently everyone else beat me to it. Nice work. Way to not lose data. :) A few hours of downtime is no big deal.
equationlab

Way to go! Many thanks for all the hard work!!
goldins

Score: 0 Reference
Awesome job! Didn't lose a single thing!
killogram

"I was going to come in and be the one guy saying nice things, but apparently everyone else beat me to it. Nice work. Way to not lose data. :) A few hours of downtime is no big deal."

Haha...I concur!
kheightley

I echo the sentiments of those who just realized how much we depend on (and like)Toodledo. I'm glad I had a synchronized backup on my iPhone. Thanks for the quick turn around and the simple, but informative, status message.
toodledo

Yep. I want to chime in to say congrats too! Great job getting it resolved and keeping us posted along the way. These things do happen and your transparent responses were definitely appreciated.

(Just don't let it happen again -- My whole life was on there! :))
konetidy

Thanks for working so hard and diligently to resolve the outage. There was an unexpected dividend - 12 hours without anything "to do"!
lite1

Glad that TD is back - good job in doing what you could do and learning from the situation. Delighted to see so much understanding and support from users in their posts here - this is an awesome community.
javierplumey

Wooh! Glad you're back! This whole experience makes me realize how important offline tasks can be. Consider this further evidence that we need Google Gears or HTML 5 support within Toodledo!
beachtraveler8

Great work. Never want something like this to happen but you did a great job of getting it back working AND taking the time to inform us while you were doing it.

My only personal frustration was that the problem appeared to me on my iPhone as a sync problem "failed check settings" which led me first to think something was wrong on my end - I didn't suspect that the site would be down. Took me a little while to think about checking the site itself but when I did I instantly knew what the problem was.

Thanks again for the great work.
Darren

You handled the situation very well by posting honest updates to your main page. Many companies would skirt around the issue(s), I for one appreciate your transparency.

This stuff happens, nothing is perfect but you handled the situation very well. Hope the rest of your day is somewhat relaxing :-)

Darren
support

We are all so glad the service is back, and just wanted to let you know how much we appreciate the hard work involved. We're in IT and support so we know what it's like. By our reckoning you handled it really well, and you have our sincerest thanks for this great service.
jenny.moberly

Hey Toodledo,

I came to the forum to show some support & thank you for the way in which you handled the outage assuming to find a lot of negative feedback from others. I'm glad to see mostly supportive comments & think that serves as a testament to your program.

Thank you for being transparent regarding the issue and for also providing continued updates on the repair progress.

Kudos & a pat on the back to your team.

jm
AlexJWilson

Glad your back!

Thanks for the updates, its good to know what's going on as opposed to a generic page.

Also thanks for the great customer service by offering an extra month for paid subscribers. You won't be losing my custom over this, as things happen and its how you deal with them that counts, you resolved this problem quickly, so Thank you.
Acustk

One of my repeating tasks is to routinely go here:
http://www.toodledo.com/connect_csv.php and backup my tasks and notes.

Glad I do, but even gladder you got everything back in place. Thanks for your efforts!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Score: 3 Reference
I just wanted to let people who are reading page 3 know that I posted a lengthly explanation in my first post, so go back to page 1.

Also, to answer the one question I saw already. Yes, if we had been unable to recover anything, you could have used your iPhone or any of our other backup options to restore your data. I believe in giving customers a choice, so I make it easy to export of your data to serve as a backup, or to take elsewhere if you decide that Toodledo is not for you. I expect that our personal backup tools will be getting a lot of use today. Hopefully for the purposes of backup and not for going elsewhere :)
stronglanguage.us

Just wanted to say thanks for the updates and hard work, and for fessing up to your mistake (though it sounds more like plain old life than a real mistake to me). Get some sleep.
tombstone_95

As an IT veteran I can honestly say I've been there, done that and feel your pain. You've got a great product and a loyal customer base. Nice work on the recovery!
vance

I'll add my "hey, don't worry about it" voice to the crowd. Your professionalism and concerted efforts in restoring the data are recognized and greatly appreciated. Plus, I got to relax this morning because I really didn't have any idea what I was supposed to do :)
jcwhal

I think we have all "been there" on some level or other. We are very glad you are back. I also appreciate your candor. You handled the situation very well.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.