ForumsNewsToodledo Tasks redesign ready for public beta testing

Toodledo Tasks redesign ready for public beta testing
Olivir2015

Posted: Oct 13, 2016
Score: 0 Reference
Thanks for the info, I am glad I am not alone:-) I also did report it via the Feedback button, I just wanted reassurance that I am not just seeing things:-)

Posted by pawelkaleta:
I also tried to open new beta layout on IE but with no success (keeps loading). I have reported this to the team.
Duo

Score: 1 Reference
I haven't been able to get past 'Loading 90% Please wait' for several hours even when using Chrome and a new Incognito Browser window.

Sent feedback.
fizzyice

The same on Safari and Google Chrome, stuck on loading...if it has been reported then I'm sure Jake is on to it as he is normally quick to respond.

Out of interest, is anyone having issues with the drop down menus in tasksbeta.toodledo.com? Many of my 'context', 'goal', 'folder' etc fields are unresponsive. When I click on them they just turn grey. I am using Safari and Google chrome and this is happening in both. I have reported this to Jake but he is unable to replicate the problem...wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same?

Also in Safari (only in Safari), if I do manage to click on a field that works, the contents of the drop down menu are distorted and difficult to read. Again, Jake is unable to replicate this as well....anyone experiencing this too?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
The new site is broken on IE. We are working on it. Try with Chrome or Firefox in the meantime.
Cheg

Posted: Oct 14, 2016
Cant get past 90% loading on Chrome here.
Olivir2015

Microsft Edge the same - 90 % (well, it was yesterday evening, CET).
Jake

Toodledo Founder
The 90% bug should be fixed now. Sorry.
cspence

Score: 1 Reference
Overall I like the new layout. More compact design, easy to read.

A variety of bugs still exist, but once these are resolved - should be a nice enhancement.
Frescology

Posted: Oct 17, 2016
Hi! I've tried the new beta and I miss the Toggl button integration (only for Chrome) from previous version. Will you add the support soon? :D
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 17, 2016
That is the responsibility of Toggl. We'll let them know that they need to update their plugin.
Adrien Beau

Posted: Oct 18, 2016
Score: 2 Reference
I do not like the new calendar!

It manages to feel both cramped (so many numbers everywhere) and bloated (wider than other sections, with big blank areas on days that have no tasks). The days are not delimited by lines, at first glance it is hard to say if the circled number (number of tasks, not current day, which is another circled number...) belongs to the day above, below, to the left or to the right.

The font used for the days and the dates is enormous, possibly the biggest font on the screen apart from the Toodledo logo at the top! Compared to the font used for the number of tasks, the contrast is quite jarring. Why would the day number be so much more important than the number of tasks planned for that day?

There is also no easy, single-click way to select the current week or the current month. The ability to select an arbitrary range of dates is rather nice, but not quite as snappy as one could hope. The ability to use shift-click to do a range selection without dragging the mouse (as in the Windows explorer) would be very nice to have. Using double-click to select a week, triple-click to select a month could be nice shortcuts.
coolexplorer

Posted: Oct 19, 2016
There is a bug in TD Beta.
Whenever I press the space button to type in a note or title, it jumps to the field headings and opens a menu instead.
I could not report this via Beta feedback, because when I typed a word and then used the space bar it opened a field menu instead.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 20, 2016
Thanks to everyone who has helped us beta test Tasks over the last 10 days. You have reported lots of bugs and we have fixed most of them, but we still have a good amount of work to do.

Your feedback has been very valuable. We're going to keep this going for awhile, so if you find anything new please let us know.
Ummagumma

Posted: Oct 20, 2016
I have a couple issues with this beta New Layout:

1) BUG: In the New Layout Preview, whenever I add a new task, or edit an existing one I get an "Error syncing tags (#-3)... error adding (editing) task" message. The old layout works just fine.

2) USABILITY: The yellow background for the new task line makes it hard to see if the Star was applied or not. (Either that, or the Star is not applied until the view is refreshed).

This message was edited Oct 20, 2016.
melchizW

Posted: Oct 21, 2016
Time summaries at bottom of view ?
Am I missing something , no longer seeing time summaries at bottom of view , how do you turn that on ?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
The time summaries are not implemented yet, but we haven't forgotten about them. On our to-do list.
pawelkaleta

It looks like the feature for showing "semi-hidden" name of parent of subtasks has been (maybe temporarly) switched off. Not that I miss it ;-) but just wanted to know if you guys confirm, maybe I'm doing something wrong now. Thx.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We got a lot of complaints about that, so we turned it off for now. We will probably make it a configurable account setting for those who liked it. Its not gone for good.
pawelkaleta

Ok, thanks for confirmation.

You can consider to make it appear as it had been set up originally, but maybe not from the left side of the subtask title (which resulted in distracting movements of subtask's title and was a little bit anoying), but: from the right side + only when you hover your mouse on the very right side of subtask's title (e.g. right 10% of the field width) + without impacting the position of the subtask title (always shown exactly where it is).
coolexplorer

Basic idea of the semi-hidden Parent is good. Implementation needs improvement.
It will be good if it shows as the beginning text (first 15 characters of the parent) of the pop-up when hovering over a sub-task.

Appreciate your constant attempt to improve the service.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.