ForumsNewsFeature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans

Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
Ummagumma

Posted: Oct 26, 2018
Score: 1 Reference
I work with two types of views - Master view (all tasks, sorted by due date or Priority- Due) and Focus view - tasks that are started, due, or Top priority (starred if there’s that option).

It’s that Focus view that is hard to get with many other services. I want tasks hidden until their start date, then automatically show up in Focus view without any extra work on my part. That way I can have dozens or even hundreds of tasks, hidden out of sight, while knowing that they will show up in my Focus view when needed. Using the Due date for this is possible, but how do I then track the actual deadlines ?

I also want a way to manually place tasks in Focus without changing their due dates.

Well, RTM clearly supports all of it. What’s more, it has a pretty full featured free option. So full featured, in fact, that it’s probably more than enough for most people. And their Outlook sync works great, as a part of Pro option. To me, it’s a no-brainer. Even at $40 per year, it’s still a far better value - with an excellent mobile client, Outlook sync, Watch app, and still cheaper than Toodledo. Honestly, if a year ago I checked RTM out, I’d likely switched back then. It would still be only $10 more than the old Toodledo Gold. My only dilemma now is, do I switch over or keep using Outlook & GoodTask, that combo works well for me and is essentially free. I’m afraid that at this price point, given all of its limitations, and compared to alternatives, Toodledo just doesn’t make sense to me anymore.

Posted by DrFrankBuck:
In Toodledo, my sort was Due Date then Priority, then Star.
To get the same thing un Remember the Milk, I use the "This Week View. That gives me a first sort by due date. I select "Priority" as the sort, which in effect gives a secondary sort by due date. From there, switch the sort to "Drag and Drop" to further organize the tasks within that priority.

Posted by Ummagumma:
I looked at RTM, the multiple sort columns are likely a “pro” feature, as is unfortunately the Watch app - hard for me to evaluate the service without it.

It certainly supports the Start date, advanced filtering, website access, and has an Outlook sync program available as part of the Pro subscription, which is very interesting.

About the only missing functionality I can find (that I use) is the ability to set an item alarm independent of due date - i.e. I can set it to xx days before but not to a specific day/time. It’s no biggie, though.

Their Pro service is $40 per year, and their Free service is surprisingly well featured. Not sure if I want to switch yet again, the combination of Outlook and Good Task is working very well for me, but RTM is definitely a good alternative,

Posted by Robert_HOME:
Took a quick look - RtM would be a workable backup alternative if I need one - missing a few things like multiple sort columns (unless that's in a premium level), and probably a few other things. But would have enough functionality to work with.

Posted by DrFrankBuck:
Robert,

Take a look at Remember the Milk. It has a start date and I believe has what you need to support Master Your Now.

Posted by Robert_HOME:
For me.... no alternative at the moment.

Toodledo has specific configuration support for the MYN system, e.g. Start Date, and supporting documents and training material over at MYN site. ToDoist does not support that at all, so doesn't work for me.

Posted by Ummagumma:
Just a simple question to Aaron.

Todoist is, arguably, the leading brand in the field that Toodledo competes in. Toodledo is regarded by most reviews as a middle-of-the pack at best.

Todoist has a single premium tier at $30 a year.

Toodledo now has premium tiers ranging from $60 to $90 a year.

Why do you think the customers would want to pay 2 to 3 times more for a lesser known service ? What is that one single selling point ?

I am a big fan of Toodledo, but even I can’t see it.
Ummagumma

Posted: Oct 27, 2018
Thanks. For now I think I will stick with GoodTask and Outlook, it does everything that I need (well, subtasks suck somewhat, but I didn’t use them much anyway), it’s already been paid for once and for all, I can sync my work tasks directly with it via exchange without installing any 3rd party sync software and keep our IT happy, and it has a couple nice tricks up its sleeve to speed up task entry and editing. And it works directly with / on top of Reminders, which opens up some additional functionality.

But RTM is now the clear fallback solution if, for whatever reason, I am no longer satisfied with that combo (or, the hell freezes over and I go back to Android).

Seeing that RTM now has all that functionality (that it lacked when I first looked at it years ago), and Todoist has all kinds of bells and whistles for anyone who doesn’t use Start dates, and both are significantly cheaper than Toodledo now... I think the new owners are committing service suicide. I really hope they prove me wrong.

Posted by DrFrankBuck:
The saved search feature is pretty robust, even in the free plan, you I think you are going to find what you need. There is an import if you want to pull in all your data and put RTM through its paces. I just posted in another thread how to get to the import (because it's not obvious). Good luck. Keep me posted on what you're finding.

This message was edited Oct 27, 2018.
Mayordomo

Score: 0 Reference
He encontrado una nueva opción en la parte de abajo del menú izquierdo con una flecha arriba y me lleva a la siguiente pagina:

https://www.toodledo.com/subscribe/index.php

Tengo 2 preguntas:

1) ¿Estos son los valores definitivos?.
2) Desde que plan se pueden usar las búsquedas guardadas.

Traductor Google:

I found a new option in the lower part of the left menu with an arrow above and it takes me to the next page:

I have 2 questions:

1) Are these the definitive values ?.
2) From which plan the saved searches can be used.
pawelkaleta

Posted by GerTruDis:

2) From which plan the saved searches can be used.

https://www.toodledo.com/images/newplans.png
dmos01

Score: 2 Reference
I've been talking to Aaron over email about longer task histories. Apparently, the Silver subscribers he had been talking with prior to introducing the Standard plan "had talked about subtasks and searches to better organize, but hadn't found value in the task history." I gave him my use case and he took it back to the team.

Most recently, regarding a year+, he emailed:
Regarding task history, it's something we're still listening about. For a lot of folks, they like the comfort of knowing they can go back (even if they do so only 2-3x per year). As a result, right now the feature set enables folks to use IFTTT to export this regularly to Google Sheets to still have this. We're evaluating a few other ways to make this work as well, but are intent on finding a solution.

So, feel free to email him your concerns. He's good at responding that way.

This message was edited Oct 27, 2018.
Mayordomo

Posted: Oct 28, 2018
I found a new option in the lower part of the left menu with an arrow above and it takes me to the next page:

This message was edited Oct 28, 2018.
Vicfrances

Sorry but I changed to 2do app.

Easy, you promise that this will be better but still same same after too long.

Charging extra to Silver member after years supporting (my case), not nice idea. There are a thousand of options to leave now Toodledo.

Bye Toodledo, it was nice to work wih you :)
coolexplorer

Posted by GerTruDis:

I have found that the "upgrade" page (accessed by clicking the new arrow on the bottom left of the TD menu shows subscription rates at the old prices but with changed feature limits. Is everyone getting this or is it account by account? Of course one now cannot subscribe until 30 days before your subscription ends. Maybe at that time the annual subscription charge will suddenly show the planned increase. That is devious, because you then have only a month to make an assessment, find a new Task App and transfer your data.

Ummagumma

Posted by coolexplorer:
Posted by GerTruDis:

I have found that the "upgrade" page (accessed by clicking the new arrow on the bottom left of the TD menu shows subscription rates at the old prices but with changed feature limits. Is everyone getting this or is it account by account? Of course one now cannot subscribe until 30 days before your subscription ends. Maybe at that time the annual subscription charge will suddenly show the planned increase. That is devious, because you then have only a month to make an assessment, find a new Task App and transfer your data.

At these prices, you should be worrying about not having a service to upgrade to in first place. These rates are simply unsustainable, when you compare the features and name recognition and plans vs what the competition has to offer.

I should really stop posting here, as I am no longer an active Toodledo user. But it's hard to walk away from a trainwreck in motion...
smatics

Score: 8 Reference
Posted by dmos01:
I've been talking to Aaron over email about longer task histories. Apparently, the Silver subscribers he had been talking with prior to introducing the Standard plan "had talked about subtasks and searches to better organize, but hadn't found value in the task history." I gave him my use case and he took it back to the team.

This is honestly hard to fathom. I can't imagine ANY user not caring about having "at least" a year of completed task history. What an odd thing to try and differentiate price points with. I could understand the free plan not offering any history, but for a paid plan to exclude at least a year is utterly baffling.
Ummagumma

Posted by smatics:

This is honestly hard to fathom. I can't imagine ANY user not caring about having "at least" a year of completed task history. What an odd thing to try and differentiate price points with. I could understand the free plan not offering any history, but for a paid plan to exclude at least a year is utterly baffling.

I don't care about any task history at all. If the info is worth saving, I save the notes / records in Onenote, which is specifically designed for long term storage and retrieval of information. Tasks are by nature short term records.

Everyone's different.
smatics

Posted by Ummagumma:

I don't care about any task history at all. If the info is worth saving, I save the notes / records in Onenote, which is specifically designed for long term storage and retrieval of information. Tasks are by nature short term records.

Everyone's different.

I use Evernote and keep a lot of historical data there that isn't relevant to the completion of the tasks, but I also like to be able to audit completed tasks occasionally, like those moments when I can't recall if I completed something or not. In my opinion, being able to toggle history on or off, or set it for a time frame to keep (at least a year) is useful, because, as you say, everyone is different.

michele.senay

Posted: Oct 29, 2018
Posted by dmos01:

This is definitely not my case. I originally subscribed to Toodledo because of the ability to export the history! I used it for my performance reviews at my job. I could never remember all I've done over the year! This is definitely a must-have for me.

I still have 550 days left in my current subscription (was wise enough to buy a 2-year subscribtion!) so I still have some time to think about this, but the price increase will definitely have me look at other options. I could live with paying 40$ for Toodledo each year. But 60$ is a long way to go, IMO.
prasta

Hello All -- I have been looking into alternatives.
Clickup.com looks quite promising. It has a lot of features that toodledo has but they are hidden at first -- it takes a little while to get everything set up. It may serve as a decent alternative for some of you.
prasta

By the way - ClickUp has a really nice UI and most of the features of Toodledo.
The free version is completely fine for the past users of the free version of Toodledo.

Please consider clicking on the icon here to request an import feature for Toodledo data:
https://feedback.clickup.com/integrations/p/toodledo
prasta

And, if you want to try a quick and dirty import with a CSV file from toodledo to clickup.com it works extremely well!
Dubious Virtue

Posted: Oct 30, 2018
And for those of us outside the USA this is an even bigger jump in fees.

$60US will be $80+ Australian, then there is the foreign transaction fee so all up I'll be nudging $100 to get the same functionality I get now.

I'm not a heavy user by any means but have been here since 2009; wouldn't it be better to keep more paying customers at a lower fee than less at a higher one?
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.