ForumsNewsFeature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans

Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
Dave Gannon

Posted: Nov 13, 2018
Score: 2 Reference
When will your setup guide for RTM be available? :)

Posted by DrFrankBuck:
[quote]I agree. If you give me a free car and it doesn't have a sunroof, I'm OK with that. But if give me a free car that has no reverse gear, it's not going to get the job done. Sure, I could make sure I never pull into a garage and allows park in such a way that another car won't park in front of me. But, I'm not going to be interested, even if it's free. To me, with a task manager, subtasks and attachments are like the sunroof. Forwarding emails is like the reverse gear.

I emailed Aaron about that very point and did not hear back. That became the deciding factor for leaving Toodledo in favor of Remember the Milk.
Ummagumma

Score: 0 Reference
DrFrank may come up with a better way of doing this, but what worked very well for me was to export Toodledo tasks to CSV, import in Outlook, install MilkSync trial (good for 14 days) off RTM website, and sync all tasks to RTM.

I am not using Contexts, Goals, or Progress statuses, so not really sure how these would transfer over.
mjbernstein Post deleted
sknipfing

Are you monitoring https://roadmap.toodledo.com/?

There is a lot of activity as far as feature requests, what's planned for and what is in progress. Seems pretty encouraging.
pawelkaleta

Posted by sknipfing:
Are you monitoring https://roadmap.toodledo.com/?

There is a lot of activity as far as feature requests, what's planned for and what is in progress. Seems pretty encouraging.

I monitor it since this page has been launched. And I'm not impressed at all as nothing has been released so far. Communication strategy (or better to say - lack of communication and no responses on the forum) tells me more than tons of future features marked either as Planned or In Progress, and zero items marked as Completed.
Purveyor

Score: 1 Reference
FWIW, the Terms and Conditions have been changed. The page is available from a tiny link at the bottom of the subscription page.

In the first paragraph, it says this:
TOODLEDO MAY MAKE CHANGES TO THE CONTENT OFFERED ON THE SERVICE, AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE, AND TOODLEDO CAN CHANGE THESE TERMS AT ANY TIME. IF TOODLEDO CHANGES ANY OF THESE TERMS, TOODLEDO WILL POST THE UPDATED TERMS ON THE SERVICE. TOODLEDO MAY ALSO SEND REGISTERED USERS THAT HAVE SUBMITTED THEIR EMAIL ADDRESS A NOTICE OF THE CHANGE TO THESE TERMS. YOUR CONTINUED USE OF THE SERVICE AFTER SUCH CHANGES HAVE BEEN POSTED ACKNOWLEDGES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE NEW TERMS. THEREFORE, YOU SHOULD CHECK THE TERMS OF USE POSTED ON THE SERVICE PERIODICALLY FOR UPDATES AND CHANGES.

This message was edited Nov 13, 2018.
pawelkaleta

Posted by Purveyor:
FWIW, the Terms and Conditions have been changed (...)

With each passing moment everything becomes more and more grotesque here.
noel_public

Posted: Nov 14, 2018
Score: 3 Reference
I currently have two silver plans for my family and although the new new pricing is much better, a history of one week for $36 a year is ridiculous. Of the features I care about this looks like an 80% price increase for less functionality. If the history matched the old silver plan I would probably stay with TD to avoid researching and transferring but I can’t get over this one point.

I’ve already started my search of other list managers.

Also if TD starts dying because of the price increases and functionality limitations I’ll have to move anyway.
pbellhouk

Posted: Nov 15, 2018
I just exported all to csv and will not renew. I am a long time user but this will no longer be a fir for me once the rates increase.
christinarosetti

Will the "Add tasks via email" feature no longer be available after Jan 1st?

And where can I see a list of all of the NEW price plans (two of which are listed above).

Thank you.
tsinvest

Score: 3 Reference
As I mentioned before it is a sad day to see how the new ownership of toodledo disregards those of us who have been loyal to the app for years. I have been a user for more than a decade. I don't like what I see and have already moved on. In my business the customer ALWAYS comes first. I think Aaron and company have their priorities out of line. Unfortunate, but it is what it is.
joelhfx

Posted: Nov 16, 2018
I think Toodledo is a great platform and not much would have to change to make me stay. I don't expect my concerns will be addressed so I'm already gone. I'll keep an eye on it.

For those of you looking for alternatives. Try this slack channel. productivity-tools.slack.com
It was formed by the x-users of IQtell upon its demise and was an amazing help for me.
MelaEckenfels

Posted: Nov 16, 2018
Posted by joelhfx:
I think Toodledo is a great platform and not much would have to change to make me stay. I don't expect my concerns will be addressed so I'm already gone. I'll keep an eye on it.

For those of you looking for alternatives. Try this slack channel. productivity-tools.slack.com
It was formed by the x-users of IQtell upon its demise and was an amazing help for me.

How does one get access to that slack?
mjbernstein

Posted: Nov 17, 2018
I have said this time and again and then wavered. I have come--ran away--and returned. I am staying--I am going--I am returning. Sorry for the spinelessness.

I have explored every alternative under the sun--even paper. Wrike, Asana, Wunderlist, Remember the Milk, Google Task, Evernote, One Note, Outlook, Trello---the list goes on and on.

Toodledo is my task manager. It works for me like none other. I guess I am stuck. I will keep my info back up but that is it no switching for now. My due diligence is done and I must stay. What Jake built is very unique it's flexibility and speed.

There have been some serious business shifts--as best I can tell Aaron Salls is at the reign. He has responded to my concerns and e-mails. I suspect changes will happen but slowly.

Aaron--I wish you well for two reasons. First, I like to think I am a nice person and therefore I wish you well. Second and selfishly, I need Toodledo and I am sticking with it.

I think that I said this privately and now publicly:
1) I suggest closing this thread--but not making it disappear; them people would think you are hiding something. This thread has become non-productive for Toodledo.
2) Create two new thread--even one for alternatives--let those who are disappointed have their space.
3) For those of us who want to stick around--I suggest--a reset. Having been in some leadership positions one effective technique is a restart. In this be as transparent as you can (1) who are you? (2) your background? (3) your aspirations? (4) is this a full-time or part time gig? (5) You are dealing with serious OCD here we would probably love frequent updates as to what is going on--as if we are some special group of buddies participating in the mission to task management perfection (6) When able do a little rebranding (7) I see no reason to offer a service that is better than other free services for free so if someone wants a free version--stick in some ads--you should not give away the fruits of your labor with the exception maybe of select individuals--veteran/clergy/students maybe something like that (8) finally in the dedicated to Toodledo thread ask that it be constructive. Again give those who are angry their zone but frankly, as I have made up my mind to stay I would like updates and I want constructiveness not angrdisillusionment.

Finally Aaron (outside of my own profession)--I am an idea man not a got things done guy--just my skill set. As I want--or NEED--Toodledo to thrive you have my e-mail. If you want you can have my cell number.
tsinvest

I don’t wish Aaron any ill will with his new venture with Toodledo. I vented in prior posts however I’m not that type of person, I was upset that now my third party todo app would no longer sync with Toodledo unless I paid a higher fee. Using Toodledo for over ten years, paid and free, it upset me that I now had to re-evaluate my task procedures. Toodledo is a good app and Jake did a good job keeping it relevant. I think that if Aaron listened to his user base and communicated more frequently with them things may evolve for the better. I wish Toodledo, its users and new owners well and I hope they find an equilibrium that keeps everyone happy. I’m on the sidelines for now but I’ll keep checking in from time to time. Best of luck to all.
Peter Scott

Posted by joelhfx:

Slack channels appear to be invitation-only and don't publicize a link to request an invitation. Do you know a way to get invited to this channel?
victoria_1333633922

Posted by Bevier:
I take it that the new pricing plan is staying? For that price, I'm forced into MyLifeOrganized. If I'm paying that price, why not use a finished, full-featured app? They are asking for more money without giving anything in return (in fact, they are taking away). I'm sorry, but I can't see an advantage to staying with Toodledo. :(

Thank you for reminding me of this - I used MLO for a while, a very, very long time ago, and loved it. When they went paid for, though, I couldn't justify paying when Toodledo did *almost* everything I wanted for nothing. I've used Toodledo for many years now (hard to remember how long, now that my task history has been deleted without any warning), but if the price is comparable (and it seems it might be from a quick look just now), I'll go back to MLO.
Larry2

Posted: Nov 18, 2018
While I don't use Toodledo's native apps (iOS is lousy in my view) I do use Task Angel that has a good iOS and Windows app that syncs well with my Silver level Toodledo.

I'm curious about the new pricing structures. The info sent doesn't cover the following. Anyone know the answers?

1. How many items per list? I would hope the standard has the same as the current silver.
2. Are the alarms and reminders in the Standard the same as Silver?
3. What is user provisioning? Not shown under old plan and I suppose those of you in business use understand the value and why that seems to be a good thing but I don't.

Like everyone else, I don't like not being able to email tasks and a lousy 1 week history.

As far as price. Going from $20 to $36, while may be somewhat in line with competition, seems extravagant since there are removed/reduced features and no progress on apps. A better business plan would have been to make some substantial improvements and then announce increases. Then at least the user would have a better idea whether it's worth it. The roadmap doesn't really tell me anything useful. Thankfully I have until August 2019 to make a decision.

That's my 2 cents.....
Ummagumma

Posted: Nov 18, 2018
Posted by Larry2:
A better business plan would have been to make some substantial improvements and then announce increases.

You don’t say...
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.